We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
More yield with later pulls - why could that be? Options

Jamie ONeil
#1 Posted : 2/27/2010 1:03:35 AM

Jamie O'Neil

SWIM did Q21's Lime tek and got a very low yield. Since the 3rd pull yielded more than the 1st or 2nd, she did a few more pulls, and got more, but the texture is very granular and less fluffy. From 750 grams of MHRB, there is less than 3g of spice. Is it the product? And these later pulls are really cloudy, not clear like previous extractions have been.
SWIM is confused...
"Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all."
—Helen Keller

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

mumbles
#2 Posted : 2/27/2010 2:00:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Were the later ones heated? Stirred much better? Left to settle properly? We cant really know without more detail.

Jamie ONeil
#3 Posted : 2/27/2010 8:33:16 PM

Jamie O'Neil

There was no change in the method. The base was always warm, and in later pulls was warmed before washing with Naphtha. The Naphtha was never warmed, in an attempt to get a whiter crystal.
SWIM wonders if using cold Naphtha can affect the yield, as less nn-DMT is pulled with cold Naphtha. SWIM wishes she had more chemistry experience.
Also, the granulare texture is odd. The resulting DMT looks almost like sugar, but it smells like it should - like a sweet, plasticine flower.
—Helen Keller

idtravlr
#4 Posted : 2/28/2010 3:08:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jamie ONeil wrote:
There was no change in the method. The base was always warm, and in later pulls was warmed before washing with Naphtha. The Naphtha was never warmed, in an attempt to get a whiter crystal.
SWIM wonders if using cold Naphtha can affect the yield, as less nn-DMT is pulled with cold Naphtha. SWIM wishes she had more chemistry experience.
Also, the granulare texture is odd. The resulting DMT looks almost like sugar, but it smells like it should - like a sweet, plasticine flower.

YES! Cold naptha will absolutely effect your yield. The naptha needs to be hot. The best yields will come from naptha is just slightly boiling.

Peace
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Jamie ONeil
#5 Posted : 2/28/2010 5:19:10 PM

Jamie O'Neil

Idatrvlr, thanks! I know SWIM got a good yield when she warmed it, but it was yellow. She used cold Naphtha just to get the fluffy snowflake look. But, really, who cares? It all works!
—Helen Keller

mumbles
#6 Posted : 3/2/2010 9:29:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The temperature between the hot aqueous liquid and the cold non-polar will of course even out, there is no point keeping it cold that just means dmt will be less soluble in it. The yellow probably comes from small amounts of n-oxide being soluble in the hot non-polar. Swim kept everything at 50-55c and everything was very white. If you don't see precipitate when you leave your first and second hot extracts on a bench for a few mins you aren't getting it all.

idtravlr
#7 Posted : 3/2/2010 9:54:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mumbles wrote:
The temperature between the hot aqueous liquid and the cold non-polar will of course even out, there is no point keeping it cold that just means dmt will be less soluble in it. The yellow probably comes from small amounts of n-oxide being soluble in the hot non-polar. Swim kept everything at 50-55c and everything was very white. If you don't see precipitate when you leave your first and second hot extracts on a bench for a few mins you aren't getting it all.

Yes. I agree. If you go really hot with your naptha, you will pull more n-oxides. I go very hot because I don't care about a little bit of yellow in my spice. Good to know about the temp range however mumbles - Next batch I may try the first couple of pulls in that temp range to see if I can avoid the yellow, and then bump the temp for later pulls to get the n-oxides along with a bit more spice.

Peace!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna