We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
[CEL] LOGO for our new organisation Options

The Traveler
#21 Posted : 2/16/2010 11:04:39 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Evening Glory wrote:
I must admit, The Traveler, that I find that logo a bit... Unhuman? I want a more organic, more natural feeling over it. I like the idea, but something about the shape of the head is just not right...

You are completely right with that. I tried to make a more Mayan symbol out of it.

If I'm honest then I really like the first image from your avatar a lot more. Very happy
Maybe we should get into contact with that artist.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DMTripper
#22 Posted : 2/16/2010 11:45:38 PM

John Murdoch IV

I feel it should be a bit futuristic. I think hyperspace and DMT has a lot to do with the future of homo sapiens.
โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Ginkgo
#23 Posted : 2/16/2010 11:58:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:
I feel it should be a bit futuristic. I think hyperspace and DMT has a lot to do with the future of homo sapiens.

Yeah, it does have a lot to do with the future. It also has a lot to do with the past, seeing how we have used these substances in thousand of years. I believe the future will show a world where we live symbiotic with all the different life forms here, just how we lived in the past. An organic feel is therefore, to me, a merging of the past and the future.

Kartikay
#24 Posted : 2/23/2010 8:12:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not very savy with computer graphics, but I might toy around with a logo today since I have time.

I'd like the logo to incorporate more than just a leaf or plant reference. It should also suggest the freebase chemicals themselves. I respect the use LSD just as much as magic mushrooms, and extracted DMT just as much as an ayahuasca brew.

There is rarely a particular distinction between a plant and a chemical in law (exception being peyote and mescaline, and THC and marijuana), and by focusing on the chemicals rather than the plants which contain them, we also include the plants. If we focus on the plants, then we risk excluding the active chemicals that make them special.
Example: I can already buy and grow mimosa. I want to be able to extract the DMT and smoke it.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

amor_fati
#25 Posted : 2/23/2010 9:01:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Kartikay wrote:
If we focus on the plants, then we risk excluding the active chemicals that make them special.

Kartikay, I agree almost completely on everything you've said, but for this one statement. The plants can be a wonderful approach to making the substance more culturally palatable. If the plants are of some primary focus early on, but with clear consideration of their contents, both concerns will undoubtedly remain bound to one another. Basically, the plants are already available to us by chance, but their availability is coming under threat due to their contents and common use as "precursors." If we exert the legitimacy of the plants from every possible angle (scientific, spiritual, historical or otherwise cultural), and the the law recognizes little difference between the plants and their contents, it goes without saying that contents should be just as legal as their sources.

Perhaps there needs to be a clear focus on a more broad view of entheogens, even as displayed by our logo, but I don't we think we lose anything from a strong focus on the plants themselves.

Kartikay
#26 Posted : 2/23/2010 9:14:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think we're disagreeing. I definitely think plants should be included in our goals. But for a broad mission statement or logo, doesn't citing a chemical also include all the plants that it is found in? Whereas citing a plant necessarily excludes the chemicals that make it special.

I just think both should be mentioned. I don't want to risk our goals being only concerned with plants. When it comes down to it, the chemical is what is important. The plants are just a natural producer.

Granted, I know that many people revere the "spirit of the plant," so i think a compromise would be to mention both plant and chemical.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

amor_fati
#27 Posted : 2/23/2010 9:48:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Kartikay wrote:
...doesn't citing a chemical also include all the plants that it is found in?

Of course, but the first thing that will come to mind for most is the synthesized form, which isn't readily or easily understood by most. This approach could possibly conjure up images of "drug-labs" and immediately turn the public off

Quote:
Whereas citing a plant necessarily excludes the chemicals that make it special.

Not if that plant is well-known to contain those substances. As long as we don't dance around the issue by saying, "Well we don't know what these plants contain, but we want access to them anyway just because they're plants or that they have other uses."--not that they don't, because they do; even if someone were purchasing or producing huge amounts of an ethnobotanical for non-illicit purposes, the law isn't likely to believe them, as their contents are no secret. The current "loophole" approach has been done to death and can't last any longer. As you said, the law isn't likely to distinguish between the plant and the substance, but we can use this to our advantage.

Quote:
I just think both should be mentioned. I don't want to risk our goals being only concerned with plants. When it comes down to it, the chemical is what is important. The plants are just a natural producer.

Granted, I know that many people revere the "spirit of the plant," so i think a compromise would be to mention both plant and chemical.

This is exactly where the cultural component comes in. The plant is clearly not being used its its most common cultural purposes for it's ornate qualities or its flavor. It could be said that its use has little to do with the plant apart from its active constituents (or in some cases, how the less active constituents effect the actives, in terms of absorbency and whatnot). Again, this is no secret, and it shouldn't be. The plant's "spirit" is as much chemically based as our own, and whatever higher qualities one would attribute to it, there's no denying at least some level of chemical involvement.

Sorry for going so far off-topic. I'd be glad to continue in another thread however, as this is important discussion.

geeg30
#28 Posted : 2/23/2010 9:51:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^ I really don't think it would be wise to incorporate a chemical into a logo - even though I agree that it is the chemicals that matter.
However, you want to display this logo basically everywhere and when the general public see a chemical in a logo pertaining to altered states they will automatically assume 'illegal drugs' while using just a plant will make the logo and what it stands for will provoke less of an 'illegal' response.

To most people plants are harmless, nice to look at, nice smelling etc.
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

Kartikay
#29 Posted : 2/24/2010 2:04:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was thinking something more subtle, like this:
(except with a better artist)
I don't think that screams "drug!" plus its just tryptamine, which is the chemical base for all our sacraments, but not the illegal substance itself.
Kartikay attached the following image(s):
logo.jpg (22kb) downloaded 338 time(s).

VisualDistortion
#30 Posted : 2/24/2010 3:26:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hard at work on a logo. It is gonna be in the style of a seal.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

freethinker
#31 Posted : 3/2/2010 1:57:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I really like the last one from Traveler. That one nails it for me.

The one on page one of this thread, this post:
https://dmt-nexus.me/for...&m=117461#post117461

All posts by this author are blatant plagiarisms, fictitious inventions, and outright lies.

corridors of my cells
#32 Posted : 3/2/2010 5:38:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

heres another logo
corridors of my cells attached the following image(s):
Logo - Cel.jpg (413kb) downloaded 287 time(s).

ragabr
#33 Posted : 3/2/2010 5:50:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So cool! Thank you!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

SnozzleBerry
#34 Posted : 3/2/2010 6:04:41 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

bottom left is awesome...great logos!
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

corridors of my cells
#35 Posted : 3/2/2010 6:49:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

heres another few options...
corridors of my cells attached the following image(s):
Logo - Cel 2.jpg (345kb) downloaded 262 time(s).

VisualDistortion
#36 Posted : 3/2/2010 7:41:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The logo that is shaped like a head reminds me of the PBS logo. Do a google image search on "PBS" and see.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

69ron
#37 Posted : 3/2/2010 8:34:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Corridors of my cells, of the last images you uploaded, I like the one on the bottom left the most. That one is pretty cool. The others with the blue oval to me look funny, like the guy was meditating so long that he took a piss.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

clouds
#38 Posted : 3/2/2010 8:59:00 PM

Human

My favourite: Number 9

Second fav: Number 3
Third fav: Number 4
clouds attached the following image(s):
Logo_numbers.jpg (52kb) downloaded 240 time(s).

The Traveler
#39 Posted : 3/2/2010 9:14:07 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Corridors,

Can you ask your friend to have an image like #9 but then with the three leafs?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

SnozzleBerry
#40 Posted : 3/2/2010 9:24:15 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

The Traveler wrote:
Corridors,

Can you ask your friend to have an image like #9 but then with the three leafs?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

bump
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

PREV1234NEXT