We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT taken by a blind person Options

ildruido
#1 Posted : 6/28/2023 12:16:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

has it ever happened?
I was wondering: if a person blind since he was born could see colours through a dmt experience , it would means that these colours/shapes are not in our mind but they come from somewhere else, right?
I did not find online a reference about that this experiment had been done, do you have any insight?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

fink
#2 Posted : 6/28/2023 10:59:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It is a very interesting question. Though perhaps more complicated than first assumed. I dont know if it would prove that hyperspace is not manifested in our mind during CEV experiences. Assuming that the eyeball and optic sensors are completely non functioning from birth, it is still reported that people with congenital blindness can dream some elements of visual content.

The parts of the brain believed to be responsible for dreaming should still be functioning despite whatever sensory organs have failed. Though a person born blind may visualise a tree in a different way to a sighted person, it is rather difficult to prove that.

It could be fair to assume that the parts of the brain engaged by tryptamines would still function as well. The content of the visual experiences would be up for endless debate of course. Though realistically, a discussion between two sighted people about hyperspace leaves us just as confused and uncertain in many cases.

I would love to hear a report from a blind person who has taken DMT

I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

famine
#3 Posted : 6/28/2023 12:47:42 PM

Entheogen Enthusiast

Chemical expert

There is a report on bluelight ages ago of someone who was blind from birth taking DMT, crying and saying how it is so beautiful.

I will try find it later and edit this post.

Jin
#4 Posted : 6/29/2023 10:20:09 AM

yes

If the visual cortex of the brain is working fine , even without eyes a person should be able to experience psychedelics and their effects
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

urchin444
#5 Posted : 8/5/2023 6:48:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a rather interesting topic, and I hope that this topic will be seen by other explorers with scientific resources and research spirit in the forum.
When the world's first ship entered the sea, trade and piracy appeared at the same time ...

WisdomTooth
#6 Posted : 9/13/2023 2:37:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.shroomery.or.../20994748/fpart/all/vc/1
Though the river tells no lies, the dishonest standing on the shore, still hear them.

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 9/13/2023 2:45:21 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

WisdomTooth wrote:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/20994748/fpart/all/vc/1

Could you possibly include a quote for us? Thanks.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

WisdomTooth
#8 Posted : 9/13/2023 3:52:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Someone made a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAQquCWsBVg
Though the river tells no lies, the dishonest standing on the shore, still hear them.