We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
new poster, my experiences with the spice so far Options

Tchan99
#1 Posted : 5/18/2008 2:30:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey, I just signed up for an account here being that I was starting to make a ton of DMT-related posts on the Shroomery. It feels kinda funny to be talking almost only about DMT on a forum called the SHROOMery, so I decided to check out the DMT Nexus. I figured I'd get the ball rolling by sharing my more noteworthy experiences with the spice so far.

I first started extracting about three months ago, and smoked it something like 10-15 times since. Some of those doses have been rather weak and threshold (owing to my own timidity as well as my early ignorance on the proper way to smoke the crystals), some have involved very impressive visuals and sensations, and a couple have been true journeys. That last category is what I'm going to focus on.

The first time I "broke through" I was beginning to experiment with the bong method rather than a freebase pipe. With the freebase pipe, I'd had several rather intense trips which involved my environment becoming exquisitely colored and coming to life in rapid organic movement. Less intense trips were typified by a strange body high that began with tension and after a few minutes eased out into a comfortable, euphoric feeling. I've always fumbled with the pipe, especially after the first hit or two, and my results with it were inconsistent. The bong provided a much easier alternative. I loaded a large amount of spice and took slow, deep puffs, never removing the slider. After the fourth puff, my environment melted into a psychedelic soup. I forgot what drug I had used, and wondered if I was transitioning into some type of psychosis, or really, just dying. After this, my body was gone; I was a beam of light firing through eternity. I felt that it was the end of the universe, that I WAS the universe, I was about to enter into a new cycle, and I was rather frightened. I saw the "chrysanthemum" McKenna has referred to, that monolithic spiraling expression of consciousness, but rather than simply zipping through it, I felt as though I was repeatedly being pounded against it, or within it. It was an indescribable sensation, as ecstatic as it was terrifying at this ego-less, body-less stage of the trip. Eventually the visuals unraveled into something far more bizarre, which I was immediately able to identify as a sort of visual operating system of my consciousness; it was an enclosed space with solid architecture, though it bore nothing in common with any architecture I'd ever seen. Surfaces were lit up by multicolor triangles, which were flowing along certain "paths" very rapidly. I sensed I was one of these triangles. Every time I reached a "waypoint" I would immediately be bounced back, either on the same path or another path, and the entire environment would physically change its shape. At this stage I really had no idea what was going on. I considered the possibility that I was on drugs but dismissed it, there was no way drugs could be causing this.

Eventually, I came down enough to open my eyes and look around my room. By this point everything was standing still and had form again, but it was alive with psychedelic outlines. Still believing myself to be the absolute conscious component of the universe, I gleefully began to explore the new environment that had unfolded around me. My life before the trip seemed like some kind of different world that was now over; my dream-consciousness had swallowed up my waking consciousness, and I looked at my life and its environs from a radically different perspective. I was overjoyed to have this new playground to explore. This did not last long before I finished coming down, and was absolutely dumbfounded by what I had just experienced. It was certainly not what I imagined hyperspace to be like, and I had to take a few weeks to integrate it comfortably. I don't believe I was adequately prepared (mentally or physically) to stomach the trip, and the unexpectedly explosive onset helped to color most of it with a vague sense of panic.

The last time I smoked DMT was just over a month ago, and it was a mistake. I came home from work tired as hell and got plastered with my friends. I drank a LOT of beer that night. After they left to go home, the alcoholic lack of inhibition clouding my judgment, I packed a moderate dose of spice in the bong and ripped it good, clearing the chamber after the last hit. Immediately I had what could be described as pins and needles times a billion. I was in sheer agony. The visuals grinded away before me in perfectly overwhelming fashion, and I could see my body and face transforming into an environment somewhat like I described in my breakthrough, but brighter, faster, harsher, more jagged. It was quite painful. A kind of rough tinnitus was present for the entire trip, it seemed synchronized with the agony. It was not frightening or traumatic, however, because as soon as I was consciously aware of the intense pain I was also aware that I was already starting to come down. It definitely sucked, though, and has seriously tempered my previously gung-ho attitude towards the spice.

Having broken through on DMT has heavily affected my reactions to other psychedelics. Lower doses of mushrooms practically seem like DMT itself, but slowed down. I've also had one truly spectacular acid trip that had its own kind of breakthrough, where I consciously chose to let go of myself and be born into the dream world. That was the most beautiful acid trip I've ever had. The tapestries generated by my senses, the symbols, the color, and the immense, crushing ecstasy for being alive were things I'd never experienced before.

Recently I've extracted a lot more DMT, but I haven't smoked any of it yet. I feel like I only got a brief taste of the mental realms it opens up, but it was also a cautionary taste. I simply did not keep the right mindset, and all of my most intense experiences took place when I had alcohol in my system. I feel good with my life right now, but I'm also aware of a lot of things I need to change before I truly feel comfortable enough to take on such a powerful drug again - my lifestyle is simply not quite what I would like it to be. If anybody actually read all this, do you have any sound advice to make sure my next voyage is a bit smoother? Other than the things I've already mentioned.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 5/18/2008 3:45:50 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Tchan99 wrote:
If anybody actually read all this, do you have any sound advice to make sure my next voyage is a bit smoother? Other than the things I've already mentioned.

First, welcome to the DMT-Nexus.

Second, you don't need to use the word sh*t here, the DMT-Nexus is a quiet and peacefull place where we respect eachother, even when we don't use the s-word. Cool

Third, to answer your question you can read this post of mine.

To sum it up:

What I did wrong with the bad trip:
* Was hasted
* Mind wasn't set to it
* DMT probably degraded in time
* I was tired

What I did to make it a perfect journey:
* No sex for three days before the journey
* Took a good nightrest before the journey
* Did meditation after sleep
* Took a nice walk into town to give my body some exercise
* Bought some beautifull plants to have a better feeling of nature surrounding me during my journey
* Took clean DMT
* De-tannined the rue-tea
* Focussed the mind an hour before the journey by watching a Pink Floyd DVD
* Switched off all the electric equipment in my house before the journey including my cell phone

After all these preparations I had the best experience ever.

Hope this will help you,

The Traveler

Tchan99
#3 Posted : 5/18/2008 5:31:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the tips. I was caught off-guard, after a lot of experience with LSD and mushrooms, just how perfect set and setting must be for a clean DMT trip. Shrooms are a bit easier-going and acid, especially, is not nearly so demanding. I will try everything you mentioned.

The Traveler
#4 Posted : 5/18/2008 11:35:33 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

A DMT journey can be very demanding at times, hard work to say so. I think one thing that we've all experienced after DMT journeys is that if you respect the spice, the spice respects you.

If you've had a 'bad' journey it is also important that you learn from it. Think about what you did wrong and how to change that for the next time. Most things you just know it was bad so work on it. What I also mean with this is that what might have worked for me can be very different for you. See the things I mentioned as an advice but don't take them for granted or 'the way to do things'.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

p.s. Thank you for removing the s-word in your post, I appreciate it.

Tchan99
#5 Posted : 5/18/2008 9:46:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I understand. I think it's pretty obvious what I did wrong; my house was a mess (which tends to make me feel cramped and uncomfortable when I'm NOT on drugs), I was intoxicated, I was tired. So I know next time I smoke it will be in the morning, after a booze-free night, spent cleaning my house, and a good night's sleep. But a lot of your ideas (like meditation, a walk, watching something hypnotic) seem like excellent centering mechanisms as well, and I will use some of them. I'm also going to sit near an open window with a nice view, rather than shut-in with the blinds down in my room at night.

What DVD did you watch? Live at Pompeii? I have that one, it's amazing. Very happy

Hopefully this will all happen sometime this week. Thanks again!

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 5/19/2008 1:33:40 AM

The Great Namah

I also might add that eating exclusively fresh foods a few days prior makes a huge difference as well.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

adrian89987
#7 Posted : 5/19/2008 5:16:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ohh Love at Pompeii is one of my favorite movies EVER