We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Conversations with God Options

#1 Posted : 10/7/2010 12:19:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am currently reading the 3rd book in the series by Neale Donald Walsch (and God? Wink )and would be interested to hear some opinions of the books by anyone who has read them. They seem to be a blend of the core beliefs of the major religions with some more new age ideas as well.

A lot of what is said, especially in book 3, resonates with what I have experienced in that place on DMT. The book has even directly addressed a question that DMT raised when I had a bad trip that scared the hell out of me a few months ago. I'm not saying there is a direct link between the book and the DMT experience, but some of the similarities to ideas regularly raised on the Nexus are interesting.

I'm enjoying reading them, you might want to check them out if that's your thing. There is some beautiful writing at times, wherever it came from.

any thoughts?
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Phantastica
#2 Posted : 10/7/2010 12:49:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i haven't read the books, but i loved the movie. it depicts Neal Donald's life background and stuff with some deep insights pertaining to his messages in the book. Highly recommendedVery happy and judging from the movie, those books must be masterpieces
<3

olympus mon
#3 Posted : 10/7/2010 2:43:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

i loved this book series. i found that the ideas and opinions resonated the strongest especially about highly evolved beings.
i agree its a really well put together blend, kind of like an allstar team of theory's and beliefs. Very happy
on the flip side
as far as this being channeled from the divine i truly doubt it. a lot of these great authors like ester hicks and neal donald walsh i feel make "channeling" out to be a bit more than it really is. same way astral projection explanations sound as vivid and intense as smoked dmt and i have a very hard time buying that.

dont get me wrong i still enjoy these books and ideas ive just been turned off by the whole new age movement/industry since it became such big cash cow after movies like "what the bleep" and "the secret". its a shame to see sacred symbols like the ohm' on t shirts at walmart. this earning potential brings out wolves in sheep's clothing and there's no shortage of zipper heads in the new age groups.

spirituality shouldn't be a trend or fad. it shouldn't be the cool thing to do. its better than that. it bigger than that.

I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

shoe
#4 Posted : 10/25/2010 7:00:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1664 wrote:
I am currently reading the 3rd book in the series by Neale Donald Walsch (and God? Wink )and would be interested to hear some opinions of the books by anyone who has read them. They seem to be a blend of the core beliefs of the major religions with some more new age ideas as well.

A lot of what is said, especially in book 3, resonates with what I have experienced in that place on DMT. The book has even directly addressed a question that DMT raised when I had a bad trip that scared the hell out of me a few months ago. I'm not saying there is a direct link between the book and the DMT experience, but some of the similarities to ideas regularly raised on the Nexus are interesting.

I'm enjoying reading them, you might want to check them out if that's your thing. There is some beautiful writing at times, wherever it came from.

any thoughts?

I think the idea is that the teachings are core spiritual truths, which come from the very innermost being; The being being beyond ego (names, faces, locations) outside of time, and so on so forth. The idea is that it is some being which is in all of us who wrote those truths, who explained it to neale. anyway, A great read, I actually cried at some points in the first book, and returned to it many many times.

By the way, Did you know that the teachings received by neale donald-walsch are also paralleled by ouija-board channelings from a being called "abraham"?
...which was the starting point for this whole 'law of attraction' movement. Naele donald-walsh is also friends with the guys who wrote the law of attraction, I just thought that was a juicy bit of information. basically naele donald-walsch is being a channeler for god!

I'm sure that whatever H.E.B is giving that information is aware of the in-distinction at that level, the complete connection of all things.
Also, see here for my writings on the law of attraction, and other self-help centered positivity.
shoe

реР рднреВрд░реНрднреБрд╡: рд╕реНрд╡: рддрддреНрд╕рд╡рд┐рддреБрд░реНрд╡рд░реЗрдгреНрдпрдВ ред рднрд░реНрдЧреЛ рджреЗрд╡рд╕реНрдп рдзреАрдорд╣рд┐, рдзреАрдпреЛ рдпреЛ рди: рдкреНрд░рдЪреЛрджрдпрд╛рддреН
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Garulfo
#5 Posted : 10/27/2010 1:41:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had read the serie few years ago and enjoy them a lot. Found also some resonances with what SWIM may have experienced thru the help of spice. At first, the books helped to 'integrate' some things inside some intellectual coherence.
It's indeed a good blend of major spiritual ideas. Most of the chapters about 'aliens' and other worlds are way much 'new-age' oriented for my tastes tough.

Tomtegubbe
#6 Posted : 9/4/2023 11:33:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I want to reply to this old thread, that I just discovered this book and am very fascinated by it thus far. Many of it's viewpoints are something that have come intuitively to me already, and also through hyperspace.

The audiobook version of this book is highly recommended. I find it quite refreshing that it contains interviews from other authors who are actually critical of some points in the book and thus engages in dialogue of itself.

In summary this book is about celebrating life in it's all forms and is quite radical about it. There is discussion about "Hitler went to heaven" and how Hitler helped to define humanity who they want to be by bringing polarity into existence. All in all, the book argues that life is not so much about "discovering" who we are but engaging in the creation.

I thing the author has to offer several points that are critical to conventional religions, but are very valid. I recommend to give it a try. At many points it feels like there is a genuine channeling going on, although it's best to be critical of all voices.

EDIT: Continued from book 1 to book 2 and 3. The first book feels like it's genuinely channeled (whatever that means). It has several brilliant spiritual points and it feels like the author is having a genuine discussion. Books 2 and 3 are focused much more on mundane topics, including societal issues and advocate quite hippy liberal ideas. It's some food for thought, but not very profound. There a lots of points or criticism to be said to the claims in book 2 and 3, but book 1 was something that I kept on nodding my head as I read it.

Anyway, reading channeled books while tripping is quite a combo 😆
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand