We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV7778798081NEXT»
Ethyl acetate approach [CIELO] Options

antichode
#1561 Posted : 8/29/2023 12:46:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ill salt this one out and see what happens.

whats the best way to recover my other extractions? If I wash them a few times with water it should turn acidic and pick up everything right?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#1562 Posted : 8/29/2023 12:55:04 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It's worth a try with the water washes. If you don't throw anything away you won't have lost it. Golden rule of extraction. The fact that nothing came out in the first place tends to suggest there won't be much in there, though. Or have you had effective brews with these specimens before?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

antichode
#1563 Posted : 8/29/2023 1:02:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

All of the plants are good performers, over the years Ive weeded out anything not worthy. The last time I extracted them I got a good yield, just shy of 6g from 10kg fresh see here https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=94981

I used to run successful extractions with lime and limonene back in the day so Im somewhat familiar with how the paste should feel etc. Why no alkaloids now is leaving me a bit perplexed. Perhaps the EA has a lot of water in it.

Loveall
#1564 Posted : 8/29/2023 2:02:00 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Freezing removes a lot of water, can be up to 2.5%. Also, some of that ice can have some EA too. You many need to add a little water back to dissolve the EA.

The cacti you have look solid. You should be getting xtals.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what EA are you using? Do you have a picture of it or namebrand? Same for the citric acid. If your technique and cactus is good, I wonder if your TEK materiala are the issue...
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

downwardsfromzero
#1565 Posted : 8/29/2023 2:19:50 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I hope the EA isn't maybe contaminated with ethanol or something?

Also there was that problem with the expired lime - but you got new lime so it hopefully is nothing to do with that Confused

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Loveall
#1566 Posted : 8/29/2023 10:26:03 AM

❤️‍🔥

I tried an alternative partial drying method to the fridge rest.

Since the fridge rest removes ~ 0.5% of the water, I added 0.3% of Sodium Carbonate drying agent by weight. Idea was to create a solid filterable hydrated mass that would be easier to separate than fridge decanting.

Unfortunately a water layer still formed with partial chemical drying (see image). Decanting was still needed. TEK worked as usual with this decanting substituting the fridge rest.

So no clear benefit, but an option. I guess if one doesn’t have a working fridge (doubledog?) this could be an alternative. Could enable a jungle TEK along with sun drying and mortar/pestle grinding.

Loveall attached the following image(s):
20230828_120902.jpg (730kb) downloaded 247 time(s).

doubledog
#1567 Posted : 8/29/2023 11:37:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For jungle TEK, probably some potash would be better than calcium carbonate, at least water solubility (drying strenght) would be higher. Of course, solubility in EA should be checked to avoid contamination.

Quote:

I guess if one doesn’t have a working fridge (doubledog?) this could be an alternative.

What keeps me not trying this tek is mainly extreme strong smell of EA. Still main discovery (imo) of CIELO is how to prepare Lime paste - this is the most important part. Lime paste could be then extracted with various solvents.

Loveall
#1568 Posted : 8/29/2023 1:46:49 PM

❤️‍🔥

doubledog wrote:
For jungle TEK, probably some potash would be better than calcium carbonate, at least water solubility (drying strenght) would be higher. Of course, solubility in EA should be checked to avoid contamination.

Quote:

I guess if one doesn’t have a working fridge (doubledog?) this could be an alternative.

What keeps me not trying this tek is mainly extreme strong smell of EA. Still main discovery (imo) of CIELO is how to prepare Lime paste - this is the most important part. Lime paste could be then extracted with various solvents.

The lime paste was used before for limonene extractions. I think main discoveries of CIELO were (1) room temp EA is very effective at pulling mescaline from lime cactus paste (no emulsions, great penetration with partial water mixing), and (2) after reducing EA water content by ~ 0.5% (e.g. with cold rest), simply adding excess solid citric acid selectively and cleanly precipitates monomescaline citrate.

Twilight Person
#1569 Posted : 8/29/2023 5:43:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

antichode wrote:
All of the plants are good performers, over the years Ive weeded out anything not worthy. The last time I extracted them I got a good yield, just shy of 6g from 10kg fresh see here https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=94981

I used to run successful extractions with lime and limonene back in the day so Im somewhat familiar with how the paste should feel etc. Why no alkaloids now is leaving me a bit perplexed. Perhaps the EA has a lot of water in it.

Hello sir!

I tried the limonene route too but i got 0 separation of limonene/paste. Obviously i added more Limo but it just absorbed more and more and so i switched to EA to not waste the whole batch. How much limonene did you use per pull on how mich paste? And then how many pulls?

Cheers
~ O ~

antichode
#1570 Posted : 8/30/2023 12:00:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Twilight

I have not performed 69 Rons limonene tek in over a decade, that's what I meant by 'back in the day'. However when I did I got reasonable and consistent yield from it and never had a problem extraction the limonene. From memory it was about 300ml per pull or something along those lines, total of 1L limonene.

I stopped using that Tek because I could not scale it up easily, the mixing and separating became difficult with large amounts of cactus and the preparation was time consuming, slicing and drying etc. I ended up moving on to the old classic STB Ala foaf and that has been very reliable over the years. Blending fresh cactus and adding excess Lye, pulling with Xylene while hot and then salting with sulfuric acid has served me well for many years. and one can scale it up to quite a lot, 30-50kg fresh material works well! Ive also done this method many times with Limonene however with limonene it takes SO MUCH work to get the alkaloids into the solvent and then also to salt them out. You have to mix it mechanically with a paint mixer on high over and over to get everything out, it really is a PITA. The trade off for not having to deal with xylene is a lot more work!

I like that this tek falls somewhere in the middle. I can deal with the smell of EA, it's not so bad and being able to form crystals is why I used sulphuric acid originally. I would personally prefer to be performing this process with liquid instead of dry cactus but I understand why it is this way the speed of the whole process makes up for its shortfalls from what I can see, even if I have not been able to join all the dots just yet Smile

antichode
#1571 Posted : 9/11/2023 8:26:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Since nothing would precipitate from my EA I washed the solvent with water, collected it and then reduced the volume down untill it would not go much further. A sticky goo remained which I left to cool. The next day I see crystals forming in the goo. I assume these are citric acid but idk. What should I dissolve the goo into from here? I have IPA or azeotropic ethanol, or EA?
antichode attached the following image(s):
IMG_7361.JPG (2,398kb) downloaded 158 time(s).

antichode
#1572 Posted : 9/16/2023 8:52:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I ended up dissolving that yellow goo in IPA, it dissolves with some stirring however the crystals stubbornly stuck around untill I heated everything. I then added more IPA untill precipitation happened all at once and 3G of fine white powder settled out. It’s definitely active as I’ve had a little finger dab and it kept me awake and unmistakably in a cactus headspace for a good while. I’ll do a little a/b on it at some stage to separate out any impurities.

antichode
#1573 Posted : 9/16/2023 8:57:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

And in other news I finally have crystals straight from EA. I dried and processed 2kg of cactus (not including the core) down to 150g and made sure to be thorough with mixing at every stage. Cleared it well and added citric while cold the popped it back in the fridge once it clouded up. It precipitated quickly in the fridge so the crystals are small but it’s looking good so far
IMG_7391.jpg (1,489kb) downloaded 138 time(s).

merkin
#1574 Posted : 9/16/2023 10:44:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

antichode wrote:
And in other news I finally have crystals straight from EA. I dried and processed 2kg of cactus (not including the core) down to 150g and made sure to be thorough with mixing at every stage. Cleared it well and added citric while cold the popped it back in the fridge once it clouded up. It precipitated quickly in the fridge so the crystals are small but it’s looking good so far

These are the droids you are looking for Smile, nice one!

Usually no need to put it back in fridge after salting. I do it cold as well and crystals start growing well within an hour.

antichode
#1575 Posted : 9/17/2023 6:39:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What’s the best way to recrystallise the citrate salt?

merkin
#1576 Posted : 9/17/2023 10:54:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you can do it with just minimal distilled water?

Loveall
#1577 Posted : 9/18/2023 7:55:22 PM

❤️‍🔥

antichode wrote:

Congrats! So what do you think was the cause of your goo earlier?

PS: As merkin said, no need to use the fridge during salting.

antichode
#1578 Posted : 9/19/2023 5:34:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I’m guessing a combination of attention to detail with the initial pulls and then perhaps my technique when decanting, perhaps not careful enough.

I’m now using my food mixer for the paste and the pulls. I use the silicone spatula for the paste which gets it fluffy in no time and the sound of it (as it mixes) changes (as you have noted in the thread). Then I swap to the stainless steel K beater and mix the solvent pulls at a reasonably quick rate. Saves on the elbow grease and I think it’s meant more alkaloids into the solvent. Silent still separates well, I just put a strainer over the top of the bowl and tip it through a coffee filter then proceed as usual.

The latest extraction I have done as you suggested and salted at ambient temperature, crystals started forming within a few hours. I knew this powder was weaker so I’ve opted for 300g with 2qt of solvent. The mixer helps to get everything in contact with the solvent and recovery of solvent is still easy. I think getting the right feel for paste consistency does make a difference. I used 690g of water for this run (about 230g per 100g cactus, slightly less that the tek suggests). Perhaps my initial attempts were too wet 🤷‍♂️
IMG_7401.JPG (94kb) downloaded 90 time(s).
IMG_7400.JPG (73kb) downloaded 89 time(s).

antichode
#1579 Posted : 9/20/2023 3:09:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In the jar is 2.7g from 150g of dry powder (no core)
and 4.6g from 300g dry powder (including core). Better than I expected on the last run and pretty solid for the core and everything.

Hats off to you all, this is a good process!

IMG_7408.JPG (60kb) downloaded 81 time(s).
IMG_7409.JPG (45kb) downloaded 83 time(s).

_Trip_
#1580 Posted : 9/20/2023 3:18:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Same plant?
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

«PREV7778798081NEXT»