We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Introducing a friend to DMT Options

ildruido
#1 Posted : 8/25/2023 3:47:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A friend of mine wants to try DMT. I'm going to let him use the Pulsar APX Volt, I'm not sure about the quantity though; my first tought was 'start slow and the work your way up' .. BUT, this person is very centered (he is a meditator) and self confident, not fearful.
Maybe that a breakthrough dosage (30/40mg) could be better? I will brief him about respiration and how to inhale but we all know the the first times is difficolt to find the right way, so lot of substance will be wasted anyway... what do you think?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 8/25/2023 3:52:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

It's his first time so give him a breakthrough dose. It only becomes truly scary for some once one knows what they're getting themselves into (so after the first journey). Especially if they're well centered. Do they have any other psychedelic experience?

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ildruido
#3 Posted : 8/25/2023 4:06:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
It's his first time so give him a breakthrough dose. It only becomes truly scary for some once one knows what they're getting themselves into (so after the first journey). Especially if they're well centered. Do they have any other psychedelic experience?

yes that's exactly what I think! first time you are much less scary than you should be Big grin Big grin
He has one little experience with shrooms and cannabis (trip to amsterdam with friends, nothing important) but the reaction has been positive..

Exitwound
#4 Posted : 8/26/2023 11:33:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I’d advise against starting with BT dose.

On the contrary, I always introduced people in steps. And it always worked good!
More advanced psychonauts - less steps.
First step taste and feel, give them 5-10mg.
They will feel maybe bodyload maybe slight ringing maybe heart racing. So they dont get scared when same happens on big dose.
Then increase dose by 5-10mg and use feedback as a guidance.

I think it is no bueno to subject people to BT doses on the first try. Its similar to pushing somebody hesitating the jump imo.
I know lots of people here think otherwise but w/e Love

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 8/26/2023 6:27:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Exitwound wrote:
I think it is no bueno to subject people to BT doses on the first try. Its similar to pushing somebody hesitating the jump imo.

I find it's contextual. In this context, it seems it could be advantageous. With someone who has no psychedelic experience and doesn't have a meditation or any other type of nervous system regulating practice, I'd ease them in.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

pantostao
#6 Posted : 8/28/2023 9:18:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think a breaktrough dose would be too much for most people in their first time, and I'm inclined to think that around 15mg is more than enough to have a peak into what DMT is capable of.

Of course, though, being able to meditate helps a lot, and he would probably be fine if he made the long jump. But if I was the one giving him the dose, I would probably start with 10-15mg first.