We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
My Hypothesis on DMT and plant intelligence Options

nen888
#21 Posted : 8/21/2023 3:41:03 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

hug454 wrote:
The problem i have with plant intelligence is that it is very difficult not to anthropomorphasize the plants and see them through our limited perception of what intelligence is. I can't really see any symbiosis going on. We definitely get the better deal. I reckon if a plant was intelligent and trying to communicate something to me, it would be saying can you "please stop killing and harvesting me and my friends in order for you to get high and make lofty assumptions about how the universe works, ya selfish hippy!".

..i think 'they' have said that to some...that's why there's threads to try harm minimise on the nexus

i think some people pick up the phone, but do not listen

but also, i think some of these plants may be very compassionate, to a level only the most advanced of humans reach

(ps for plant intelligence, once, and probably still for many, a bit of heresy in mainstream science, there's some good work and talks by the Italian professor Monica Gagliano)

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

BundleflowerPower
#22 Posted : 8/25/2023 1:57:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nen888 wrote:
[quote=hug454]The problem i have with plant intelligence is that it is very difficult not to anthropomorphasize the plants and see them through our limited perception of what intelligence is.

This caused me to think of mythology, and the modern interpretations of such. What if humans didn't really anthropomorphize nature, rather, it could be the reverse, that in antiquity, nature, or rather various parts of nature were (and ime still are, even if most aren't currently aware of it) personalities in humans rather than humans personifying nature.

Another way of saying it, if a human knows Caapi, Caapi vine could be one with human, a personality of sorts in said human. Or other plants if plants were personalities in humans.

Of course this doesn't say what plants are in own world per se, rather how plants have effected me within my intra-personal world.

fink
#23 Posted : 8/25/2023 10:25:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I love what you wrote hug. I think that perhaps harvesting a field of hay is not like killing thousands of individual grass intellects, rather more like trimming the hair of the planet herself.

Plants seem much more in tune to the possible truth that all of life in the universe is one singular energy that uses the other thing, matter, to conduct it's business.

So I would probably assume that when we cut down a piece of matter and use it wisely, the plants rejoice at our creativity.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

the_Architect
#24 Posted : 8/25/2023 11:18:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think plants, and also us as humans, do some energy grounding towards the earth... channeling energy from the sky or something (from the sun too if you think about it, but also starts and cosmos).
When you think about trees, they have a structure alike to an anthena.
We are all connected to mother earth in a way, or gaia. Plants are constantly moving these energy and we benefit from eating it. Is like, they are happy with a boner and "high" on energy... breathing constantly.. "universe breathing you"

Also, I´m not sure the plant itself is so intelligent.
There´s a hiererchy of intelligences... like mineral-plant-animal-human-angel-planet-else
Plants and animals have like a collective mind or elemental. An elemental genius that might be the smart guy (also a forest or mountain could have a even higher elemental genius keeping it all together, in peru they call them apus). Archetypal spirits that have great wisdom and power (but a human with soul is even more complex than that, closer to angelic intelligence).

In white magic, each plant has an elemental of a certain type, that can be used as helper for a specific task... healing, protection, etc. (animals have it too, like cats).
So, for instance, ayahuasca is a special case cause you might connect with 2 elemental spirits (from caapi and chacruna, for instance) each of them is a snake. Look at amaringo paintings and that book in english.

Finally, about the function of DMT. Which happens to be in a lot of plants...
You have to think about whether we used to be more connected and have higher states of perception, and somebody dumb us down by inhibiting the dmt levels in the blood... though that famous enzime.
You can actually produce dmt for short periods... doing those weird greathing exercises like Wim Hof style... or meditation.

Why do we have limited access to a substance that we ourselves produce? (pineal gland?)
Mythology now: Perhaps before being expelled from the garden of eden... man could talk to animals and plants and communicate telephatically, also live longer.
Now, we are dumb, not connected, and live short incarnations.

Well, just some thoughts on you post, hope you appreciate another edge.
"...after five seconds I was no longer a marxist, no longer a materialist, no longer a rationalist.
It killed those things, it cauterized them..."

Terrence McKenna

PREV12