We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
oops. Options

Ol'Dan1937
#1 Posted : 8/7/2023 7:40:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Still managed to recover some product, but this is bad. Soooo bad.
Ol'Dan1937 attached the following image(s):
Bumping.jpg (163kb) downloaded 105 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Toshido
#2 Posted : 8/7/2023 10:00:03 AM

Research & Development

Maybe providing some context would help in the harm reduction department. Care to explain what happened here besides the obvious?
🌳👨โ€🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨โ€🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
โœดโœดโœด - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Ol'Dan1937
#3 Posted : 8/7/2023 6:27:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Toshido wrote:
Maybe providing some context would help in the harm reduction department. Care to explain what happened here besides the obvious?

Of course! I tried the opposite of a vacuum filtration i.e. pressurizing a container with holes and filter paper. It was working well until I got impatient. It was just MHRB and citric acid, so nothing hazardous, but if you're working with NaOH this is not something you'd wanna try.

Tips on how to filter bark without clogging would be much appreciated. I tried decanting first, but it seems like 95% of the bark is just persistently suspended.

I think larger pieces of bark might be the ticket. Even if it takes 36 hours in the crockpot, that's still manageable.

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 8/7/2023 6:57:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Ol'Dan1937 wrote:
Toshido wrote:

Of course! I tried the opposite of a vacuum filtration i.e. pressurizing a container with holes and filter paper. It was working well until I got impatient. It was just MHRB and citric acid, so nothing hazardous, but if you're working with NaOH this is not something you'd wanna try.

Tips on how to filter bark without clogging would be much appreciated. I tried decanting first, but it seems like 95% of the bark is just persistently suspended.

I think larger pieces of bark might be the ticket. Even if it takes 36 hours in the crockpot, that's still manageable.

If I may, why are you filtering it?

Powdered is almost always best.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Pandora
#5 Posted : 8/8/2023 11:03:52 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Wow that is quite a picture. What a shame.

Why make it complex? Why not just a follow a simple, basic TEK? I'm not sure I understand the desire to get fancy other than from actual chemists. I know of only one here.

I'm glad you are safe. If that had been a basified solution or had significant solvent, things would have been much worse.

How is the cleanup going? Do you have permanent purple stains on your walls?
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Ol'Dan1937
#6 Posted : 8/11/2023 11:22:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:
Wow that is quite a picture. What a shame.

Why make it complex? Why not just a follow a simple, basic TEK? I'm not sure I understand the desire to get fancy other than from actual chemists. I know of only one here.

I'm glad you are safe. If that had been a basified solution or had significant solvent, things would have been much worse.

How is the cleanup going? Do you have permanent purple stains on your walls?

Maybe I misunderstood how people are doing multiple pulls. Without filtering off the extract there wouldn't be a valid reason to wait before adding more acid, however.

TBH I haven't had time to clean the walls yet. So far, all the affected appliances, clothing, and junk off screen have turned out good as new. I think using a spray bottle with water and a fine brush will be the best bet.

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 8/11/2023 11:40:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ol'Dan1937 wrote:
Maybe I misunderstood how people are doing multiple pulls. Without filtering off the extract there wouldn't be a valid reason to wait before adding more acid, however.

While DMT is in its acid form, you won't be able to pull it as it is soluble in water at that point. You'll do your pulls after basification, where in the DMT is in freebase form and is not soluble in water and will thus be captured by the NPS.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Ol'Dan1937
#8 Posted : 8/12/2023 3:10:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
While DMT is in its acid form, you won't be able to pull it as it is soluble in water at that point. You'll do your pulls after basification, where in the DMT is in freebase form and is not soluble in water and will thus be captured by the NPS.

Ah, so after extracting freebase DMT to NPS, just reacidify the same water with the bark still in it? I figured the buffer effect would shut down most of the driving force by pull #3. Now that I think of it, HCl to regenerate most but not quite all the citric acid would be a much easier approach Razz

Voidmatrix
#9 Posted : 8/12/2023 3:25:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ol'Dan1937 wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

Ah, so after extracting freebase DMT to NPS, just reacidify the same water with the bark still in it? I figured the buffer effect would shut down most of the driving force by pull #3. Now that I think of it, HCl to regenerate most but not quite all the citric acid would be a much easier approach Razz

You won't need to acidify after you've added your base. Just add more solvent, tumble your jar, allow to separate, and complete your next pull.

The acidification process is to help break down the plant matter as well as to make the DMT soluble in water so that is moves away from the plant matter easier. Once you add the base, the bark is further broken down and the base also converts the DMT to freebase, which can then be grabbed by an NPS.

One love