We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mescaline chloride? Solubility, etc... Options

LawnBoy
#1 Posted : 2/27/2010 12:29:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't find really any info on Mescaline chloride, at least not concerning solubility.

Since I can't find information, experiments will have to be done. One could salt out mescaline from limonene, using ammonium chloride saturated solution, correct? This is assuming that mescaline chloride is more soluble in water than limonene.

If someone did the salting using ammonium chloride with limonene, would there be any possible byproducts, besides mescaline chloride? Would those byproducts be harmful/fatal? Am I wrong in thinking that, ammonia gas is released when ammonium chloride is mixed with water?

The information from this page leads me to believe that ammonia isn't released simply by adding water. Is this correct? http://www.yunweigroup.c...es/Ammonium_chloride.htm

Ammonium chloride is soluble in water, glycerin, liquid ammonia, and alcohol. Ammonium chloride is not soluble in acetone or ether.
Posts made by me are either fictional or false, or both. I do not endorse, condone or engage in illegal activities. I love the state, my big brother. "I" myself am fictional. I am a collection of individuals, that are not entirely human. "I" do not exist in reality. Any resemblance to an individual bound by laws is merely coincidental. I lie and tell very little of the truth; do not believe me, and, especially, don't hold "me" accountable for any posts.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 2/27/2010 1:59:24 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Mescaline chloride is insoluble in limonene, xylene, toluene, naphtha and the rest of teh non-polar solvents. It is soluble in water, methanol, ethanol, IPA and extremely poorly (i.e. practically insoluble) in acetone.

Now, ammonium chloride is really not what someone would use to make mescaline hydrochloride (or mescaline chloride, same thing).

Ammonium chloride is not an acid. One would need an acid to salt mescaline out of limonene. ammonium chloride is a salt and a conjugate acid and gives a very slightly acidic pH when dissolved in water. It would not make mescaline chloride the way one would like. It'd make probablly some freebase mescaline, some mescaline chloride, and some ammonia. How much from each, go figure. But it doesn't sound too good at all.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

LawnBoy
#3 Posted : 2/27/2010 3:31:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very very much. That brings light. So mescaline chloride is an improper term? I'm assuming this is true because "chloride" ignores the "H" in "HCl." Shows how little of chemistry I actually understand. I had to wikipedia "conjugate acid."

That clears up so much, but brings up some more questions. I hope it's a good question and not a list of ignorant ones, like beforeSmile Why is ammonium chloride used to "precipitate" out morphine. Why is ammonium chloride preferred, over other chemicals? Is this because it is a "conjugate acid," or simply because it lowers the pH of solutions slightly? Is it cheap and easy to obtain, maybe as fertilizer? Could HCl acid be used to lower the pH, and precipitate morphine chloride? Is HCl only added later, to avoid impurites? Why isn't HCl used to lower the pH?

I'm assuming if HCl is added to the calcium morphenate solution, the pH would drop too quickly. Not all of the morphine and codeine would form a salt with the HCl. This would leave you with morphine as the freebase and as the HCl salt. In other words, you couldn't add enough acid to do all the salting, without lowering the pH well below 8.
http://www.opioids.com/jh/index.html

PS. I love learning and knowing. I would never do anything illegal, I just don't like to be ignorant. Ignorance can be very dangerous, or even fatal, but mostly it just makes me feel stupid. And, I don't like to feel stupid.

Posts made by me are either fictional or false, or both. I do not endorse, condone or engage in illegal activities. I love the state, my big brother. "I" myself am fictional. I am a collection of individuals, that are not entirely human. "I" do not exist in reality. Any resemblance to an individual bound by laws is merely coincidental. I lie and tell very little of the truth; do not believe me, and, especially, don't hold "me" accountable for any posts.