We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Presentation Options

Grhooky
#1 Posted : 7/2/2023 6:13:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi to everyone, i'm new on this path, but i found your forum One of the most interesting things found on the net as a source for a knowledge that i m willing to learn and so i wanted to be part of It for now to learn and hopefully in some near future to be able to be part of this.

I don't know if It Is appropriate to ask question but in case i'm Sorry and Will delete It immediately.

I found near my house really a lot of Phalaris aquatica growing everywhere and wanted to give It a try with d-limonene and maybe try to obtain something useful mixing It with the ailanthus altissima in my garden.

There Is a chance of getting something good? I do not understood if there Is a safe way to get rid of gramine/other toxic compound. What tek you Will use for this types of plants ?

Many thanks to have accepted me here, Sorry if i got something wrong about the presentation.
And most of all thanks for all this It Is magnificent what you are all doing

Best, Grhooky

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

fink
#2 Posted : 7/2/2023 7:02:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Welcome friend,

As long as the rules in the attitude page are followed you'll be ok. I'm not an expert to answer your questions. Good to have you here
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Pandora
#3 Posted : 7/2/2023 8:19:11 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Grhooky,

Welcome to the Nexus.

You are fine asking these questions and yes should be concerned about gramine. I don't know if anyone's ever done a successful extraction from pharlaris and they've been trying for close to a couple decades now.

Nonetheless, this is the place to ask those kinds of questions so I hope that somebody with a lot more knowledge than anybody who has replied so far might be able to help you out.

Regardless welcome.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 7/3/2023 3:33:12 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Here's one of our active phalaris threads:
~Phalaris = The Way Of The Future~
There's a possibility you may be lucky with an extraction from P. aquatica. You should be able to find a few accounts of the process somewhere on the forum if they're not in the aforementioned thread. The right extraction will also separate the actives from any gramine.

More questionable is whether you can use Ailanthus altissima for MAO inhibition. Do you have experience with using that plant in any way? The betacarbolines it contains aren't necessarily going to do the job, plus it contains a whole bunch of other stuff which, IME, makes it exceedingly unpalatable. Caution is advised.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Grhooky
#5 Posted : 7/3/2023 12:00:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks so much to all of you. I Will give the phalaris some chances i am curious because they grow along crops that for what i know get tons of N as fertilizer hopefully It helped even the psycoactive compounds concentration.
What made me interested in the ailanthus is its use in traditional eastern medicine. Of course my goal for now is to fet something close as possible to the ayahuasca but since there s plenti of A. Altissima growing here any interesting use of It Will be great.

Thanks again guys i Will try to keep track of the progress and upload them in the case of positive results.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 7/4/2023 10:35:29 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

About the Ailanthus,
Quote:
BAA [i.e. dried bark of A. altissima] is non-toxic when used at conventional doses; however, its potential toxicity, due to the presence of quassinoids, cannot be ignored.

I'd be intrigued to hear the results of an Ailanthus alkaloid extraction - there's a good few specimens in my area.

[EDIT: looking at the betacarbolines listed in the J. Ethnopharmacol. article, I can't say they look too promising for in vivo MAOI activity.]

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 9/22/2023 9:38:46 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

How's the experiments going?

A good long while ago, there was a report of a similar attempt here.

No effects were reported; it seems likely that A. altissima is either not an effective MAOI, or its activity at the benzodiazepine receptors blocks tryptamine effects, maybe both.

Failures are also worth reporting!