We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Freebase consumption fail, kindly need your advice Options

ExpandE
#1 Posted : 6/10/2023 9:04:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've anticipated to get my hands on DMT for a long time, did some research, but still failed somewhere, and need advice on how to proceed.

- The substance -
I've sourced 1g of freebase DMT. The substance looks like very fine non-transparent light-yellowish crystals, when measured it's airy light but slightly sticks together like kinetic or slightly wet sand. It has no distinct smell in dry form.

- The consumption -
First try: I have a dry herb vaporizer with small glass insert for wax/oil and precise temperature control.
I've measured 40mg of freebase, put it in glass insert, heated vaporizer to 180c and deeply and slowly inhaled 6 times. I know that when used properly 2-3 times should have been enough, but there were no desired breakthrough effect, so i continued. There were almost no visible smoke/vapor, and the smell was like "manure with burned plastic".
The only effect i've got is uncontrollable muscle twitching into the wide smile on my face, and feeling that some kind on breakthrough was around the corner but unreachable, and that's it. The mind was clear and i was fully aware of my surroundings, even with eyes closed.
After cooling, i found about half of DMT still in the glass chamber, it turned into a transparent yellowish caramel glass material.

Second try: unsatisfied with the first try, i've waited for 2 hours and dosed another 45mg. This time i put a little piece of special vaporizer cotton into the chamber to give it lager evaporation surface. I've inhaled 3 times on 180c, and upped temp too 200c, and then to 220c. Almost all DMT has evaporated from the chamber this time (some leftovers on cotton seemed burned), but the result was almost the same. Some very-distant and very light visuals appeared for a few seconds but nowhere near what i have anticipated.

- Results -
I'm very disappointed with the results, as DMT is super rare and very hard to get in where i live.
I'm left with 0.9g now, and want to be sure not to waste those precious crystals.
So, how should i proceed ideally?
Maybe i should turn it into e-liquid? If so, how to do it properly and what device to use for vaporizing e-liquid?
Or use freebase as it is in another device? Or in mine with somehow tweaked settings/setup?
I have read so many things and this forum and on reddit, sometimes contradicting, that i'm really lost in all that info, and would very much appreciate detailed and thoughtful usage advice. Thank you!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

merkin
#2 Posted : 6/10/2023 12:59:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quickly one things stands out to me: "It has no distinct smell in dry form."

Freebase DMT has actually has a very distinct aroma, deep and complex and rather intoxicating in a way! I can even smell it while solvent fumes fill the room during an extraction. The mothballs we get in my area seem to have a similar smell in them - apart from the rather overwhelming sharp 'mothballs aroma' (naphthalene?)'

Are you sure you have DMT? You should even at least see the room change into crisp colourful patterns (open eye) on exhaling (before it gets intense). 40mg is a good dose. Maybe its your vape method or euipment. I am not very clued up on electronic ones. Usually there is a load of white vapor!

Do you have some Marquis or Hoffman reagent on hand, or accessible, to test it?

Pandora
#3 Posted : 6/10/2023 1:05:38 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

ExpandE,

Welcome to the Nexus.

This sounds very disappointing to say the least.

Unfortunately in an era with a raging poisoned drug supply (Fentanyl, et al) crisis along with little left in Western culture but predatory greed I suspect you did not procure DMT. Confused

It is really important to use Fentanyl strips to test anything you did not extract or synth yourself. I am glad you suffered no tragic effects from your bioassay attempts.

The wiki link in the upper left hand corner has many tried and true extraction teks. If you can cook a dinner from a scratch recipe you can extract DMT.

I do hope you find what you are looking for and again welcome you.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

ExpandE
#4 Posted : 6/10/2023 3:40:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

merkin wrote:

Are you sure you have DMT? Do you have some Marquis or Hoffman reagent on hand, or accessible, to test it?

Thank you for reply! While i was lurking here and on reddit, i saw a lot of images of extraction results, and some of them were 100% visually resembling the substance i have, so it didn't raise an alarm for me. However i don't have any reagents on hand to test it properly.
I tried to smell it again, and nothing. However, when heated, it has a very strong manure smell with hints of burned plastic (some very cheap Chinese/Indian plastic pens or things smell like that).

Pandora wrote:
Unfortunately in an era with a raging poisoned drug supply (Fentanyl, et al) crisis along with little left in Western culture but predatory greed I suspect you did not procure DMT.

As i'm not in Americas, Fentanyl and other opiates non-existent here, as well as Fentanyl strips, but i understand the risks or unknown substances from shady sources.

For now i plan to divide what i have left in half, and make peppermint changa with 1:1 ratio first, and if failed will do e-liquid with PG 1:1 ratio.
Did i get it right? Maybe other suggestions?

L-dreamer
#5 Posted : 6/11/2023 7:47:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As someone said above, the fact that the DMT does not smell at all is very peculiar. People describe it as mothball, plastic, sneakers. It's pungent and you only need a whiff of it to know you have the real deal.

stinkfister1
#6 Posted : 6/11/2023 11:53:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you tried the sandwich method? Place some between layers of green in a water pipe (ideally, but regular pipe will work) and light the bowl carefully, letting the flame dance on the surface of the top layer of herb. It can help to place a tiny amount of spice on top just to get a visual on how it reacts to heat. You want vaporization as opposed to combustion, but the sandwich method is the easiest way to remove all variables that can come with vaping.

I hope the best for you and safe travels.

pantostao
#7 Posted : 6/13/2023 8:55:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I extracted some DMT but forgot to cover it for around a month. It doesn't smell like anything either, and I haven't tried it yet so I don't know if it has lost its potency.

It used to smell like DMT, but now it doesn't.

On OP's question, it tasting like burnt plastic sounds like you're overheating it, try a lower temp maybe?

Voidmatrix
#8 Posted : 6/13/2023 8:59:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

pantostao wrote:
I extracted some DMT but forgot to cover it for around a month. It doesn't smell like anything either, and I haven't tried it yet so I don't know if it has lost its potency.

It used to smell like DMT, but now it doesn't.

On OP's question, it tasting like burnt plastic sounds like you're overheating it, try a lower temp maybe?

Put a lid on for a day and see if the smell comes back. Depending on temp, heat, and airflow, potency loss may be minimal.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ExpandE
#9 Posted : 6/16/2023 9:18:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Update:
Thank you all for replies!
I dissolved freebase in 99.9% IPA, and infused pure dry peppermint leaves with it.
Smoked through water pipe the amount of peppermint that resembled to ~35mg of freebase, and wow, totally different results!
After 1 deep draw and holding the smoke for 3 seconds, i understood that i have few seconds to put the pipe down before the journey begins.
I closed my eyes, heard some light ethnic music, and saw (became partly immersed into) swirling tunnel of colorful visual patterns, and let the thoughts flow.
Through the whole experience i had total control of my mind and body if i opened my eyes.
With the eyes closed, this tunnel and visuals was very similar to salvia divinorum 10x extract, but much more gentle on psychological side - no total ego dissolution and possibility to escape if needed.
The whole thing lasted for 5 min max, and left me "grounded" to earth from daily stress, kinda like mushrooms afterglow.

For now, as i did not achieve breakthrough and didn't feel any otherworldly spiritual presence (and have some of the freebase left), I'm looking into improving this changa recipe with some other herbs that will help during the trip and will not be harsh on lungs and throat (and possibly i can get legally).
Thank you for any suggestions!

ChangaBonga
#10 Posted : 6/25/2023 3:46:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm glad you decided to try enhanced leaf, and glas it worked out well for you. Enhanced leaf and changa are one of my favorite ROAs. It's basically foolproof for new users as well.

My current blend is 1g spice, 700mg mullein leaf, 300mg peppermint, and 300mg harmine freebase. Pretty smooth and the peppermint adds a nice touch. Thinking of adding some blue lotus flowers as well.