We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
precipitation of cactus non actives from resin Options

soxy bastard
#1 Posted : 2/25/2010 6:27:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So as Plux's strangely ( not really the time had just comeWink ) synchronous work with resin brought me back to the nexus reborn I wish to share where I have taken the original meme.

A 5x CWE is used with pH 2 HCl in distilled water 3x and distilled water 2x so all bitterness is removed from the plant material.

The resulting liquids are combined and filtered.

The filtered liquid is concentrated to a thick brown liquid and an equal volume of acetone is added.

Stir briefly to coagulate the precipitate and filter off the liquid fraction.Be sure to begin filter wash at every step froom this point.
This step use cold acetone

Evaporate the acetone from the liquid and condense to tar.

Dissolve resulting tar in an excess of boiling 95% EtOH and cool in freezer.

Once ice cold remove and filter again removing more tarry cactus components that have no bitterness.

Wash filter with Ice cold EtOH.

Evaporate EtOH to yeild a translucent root beer brown resin that remains sticky without dessication.

from 50g of plant material the final yeild was just over three grams, >1 teaspoon, representing a very real decrease in inactive substances consumed , while retaining full activity.

The final product smells and has a strong taste of carmelized sugars with a recognizable distinctive bitterness that nearly overpowers any other flavor. It is actually a flavor I truly like and is IMO a much cleaner experience than tea or plain syrup while still very true to the cactus. So the bit less than a teaspoon was every bit the smae experience as the tea it had none of the bloating or, for me, any nausea which only comes from crude tea in my case.
The 50 g was from fresh harvested and dried TBM and it was strong at <20g for me and I am extremely tolerant of phenethylamines. The extract( taken as a shot dissolved in hot water) was as much as 2.5x the 20g effect as expected but the experience so much smoother and powerful than I expected due to decreased body load( gastric upset). It was a solid 12hrs of visual geometry and 4 more of soft sweetness till sleep and a morning of healthy vigor. In all very nice
SB
I encourage those doing resins/tars to try this work up and see for them selves just how much more ammenable this is than any other whole extract.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!