We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV6789NEXT
Deciding on a DMT extraction Tek for my first time Options

_Trip_
#141 Posted : 6/6/2023 12:10:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dmt benzoate appears to be safe to vape. It is quite smooth. BW has some data on this in his one of his threads.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1090271#post1090271
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=101524
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Madhattress
#142 Posted : 6/6/2023 9:58:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
Dmt benzoate appears to be safe to vape. It is quite smooth. BW has some data on this in his one of his threads.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1090271#post1090271
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=101524

Okay cool, so from what I understand, there has not been a way to make Ejuice from it. Mainly mesh... from what i read...

Will probably do a conversion to freebase as I am more interested in ejuice...

Also am I correct in understanding that is it 61% to freebase in strength? Or is it closer to 50% like the citrate?

“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

_Trip_
#143 Posted : 6/6/2023 11:33:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT benzoate would be 64% by weight, if my math is correct.

Freebase is good for ejuice in the way that you can just mix it with PG/VG and a corresponding compatible salt.

Loveall and I were working on DMT lactate and Harmala lactate combos but he wasn't a fan of the taste, I didn't mind it. Always thought you could add a flavour. I didn't got much further as I'm not a e-juice user. Theoretically lactic acid may be the safest product as it is made extensively throughout the body as a byproduct of ATP use. The combo utilized FB and then VG/PG was added with lactic acid. It didn't appear to crystalise. I never dialed in the ratios though just want to find a workable salt for vaping ayahuasca as a proof of concept.

Madhattress
#144 Posted : 6/6/2023 11:42:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
DMT benzoate would be 64% by weight, if my math is correct.

Freebase is good for ejuice in the way that you can just mix it with PG/VG and a corresponding compatible salt.

Loveall and I were working on DMT lactate and Harmala lactate combos but he wasn't a fan of the taste, I didn't mind it. Always thought you could add a flavour. I didn't got much further as I'm not a e-juice user. Theoretically lactic acid may be the safest product as it is made extensively throughout the body as a byproduct of ATP use.

Okay i see. Thanks for the info....

Is there a conversion tek to turn the Benzoate into freebase? I understand doing a mini AB but is the DMT benzoate soluble in water at all to be able to do the conversion?
“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

_Trip_
#145 Posted : 6/6/2023 11:55:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm I'd imagine it would be in basic conditions as this should neutralize the acid. However this is not something I have personally done.

Hailstorm
#146 Posted : 6/7/2023 6:13:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Madhattress wrote:
Is there a conversion tek to turn the Benzoate into freebase? I understand doing a mini AB but is the DMT benzoate soluble in water at all to be able to do the conversion?

It will dissolve with a bit of heating.

Madhattress
#147 Posted : 6/7/2023 8:02:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hailstorm wrote:
Madhattress wrote:

It will dissolve with a bit of heating.

Awesome, thanks!Thumbs up

Madhattress
#148 Posted : 6/8/2023 9:06:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here are some pics of this extraction.

I got 580mg freebase and 900mg dmt benzoate.

The long jar is the benzoate and the other pics are of the freebase.

I am planning on doing a conversion of the benzoate to freebase sometime in the next few days.

Madhattress attached the following image(s):
20230608_100303.jpg (2,932kb) downloaded 232 time(s).
IMG-20230605-WA0022.jpg (112kb) downloaded 231 time(s).
IMG-20230605-WA0029.jpg (70kb) downloaded 231 time(s).
IMG-20230605-WA0019.jpg (205kb) downloaded 232 time(s).

Madhattress
#149 Posted : 6/15/2023 5:20:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys,

So i did a conversion on the dmt benzoate to freebase. Some of it is currently precipitating in the freezer.

Im just curious, as there is a small amount i just for the life of me cant disolve that is floating on top of the water layer. I tried a warm water bath and i have done multiple pulls.

Most of it disolved except this stubborn little bit on top. Sny suggestions what i can do?

Here are some photos.
Madhattress attached the following image(s):
20230615_180618.jpg (1,285kb) downloaded 184 time(s).
20230615_180601.jpg (1,231kb) downloaded 183 time(s).

Loveall
#150 Posted : 6/16/2023 3:01:22 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Madhattress wrote:
Hey guys,

So i did a conversion on the dmt benzoate to freebase. Some of it is currently precipitating in the freezer.

Im just curious, as there is a small amount i just for the life of me cant disolve that is floating on top of the water layer. I tried a warm water bath and i have done multiple pulls.

Most of it disolved except this stubborn little bit on top. Sny suggestions what i can do?

Here are some photos.

What did you use as base?
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Madhattress
#151 Posted : 6/16/2023 6:49:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Madhattress wrote:
Hey guys,

Here are some photos.

What did you use as base?

I used water, lye and then pulled with benzene.

Loveall
#152 Posted : 6/16/2023 9:52:49 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

IDK what that stubborn layer is, you should be good at breaking everythins down with lye. Could me an unsanted plant compound?
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

_Trip_
#153 Posted : 6/16/2023 5:07:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If that photos is the benzene layer on top of the base water those crystals could be freebase crashing out from over saturation yeah? I've seen that before on other posts.

Madhattress
#154 Posted : 6/20/2023 11:17:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
If that photos is the benzene layer on top of the base water those crystals could be freebase crashing out from over saturation yeah? I've seen that before on other posts.

Hmmm im not sure this is the problem. I only got 100mg out of 4 pulls i did with reused benzine. I had 950mg of DMT benzoate.

I wonder how i can get the rest out of the water. There has to be much more in there. Im just coming to the conclusion that benzine is not a very effective solvent to use to pull DMT out.

doubledog
#155 Posted : 6/20/2023 1:18:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have also experienced similar situation. Benzine was not able to pull everything from basic water. It realy isn't the best solvent.
Just use toluene instead if you want to use a solvent.

It is also possible to just filter out dmt freebase from basic water.

Madhattress
#156 Posted : 6/20/2023 1:52:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

doubledog wrote:
I have also experienced similar situation. Benzine was not able to pull everything from basic water. It realy isn't the best solvent.
Just use toluene instead if you want to use a solvent.

It is also possible to just filter out dmt freebase from basic water.

Yeah, i am quickly realizing the same. Quite frustrating...

How do you filter it out with water the contains lye?

doubledog
#157 Posted : 6/20/2023 2:52:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Frustrating, but at the same time interesting. Personally I like to discover what works and what do not works in my situation. But I agree, it took me many months to find out that my local benzine is most likely quite different than solvent called "naphtha" here on the forum.

Cotton ball in the neck of the funnel makes wonders.
Procedure would be:
-dissolve dmt salt in small amount of water
-add bit of lye, dmt precipitates
-filter and wash freebase in the funnel with cold neutral water and dry it.

It's not the best method, but it works.

Madhattress
#158 Posted : 6/21/2023 11:04:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, so after searching far and wide i have come across a place to get N-heptane CP.

Would this be a better alternative to benzine to do pulls? Or is it more generally used for cleaning and re-xing?

Granted it is 2.5x the price but at this rate i would probably use less than how many benzine pulls i need to do....

Thanks...

Madhattress
#159 Posted : 6/21/2023 11:51:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys,

So i also found this.... but not sure if this would be suitable ether. Here is some data on these white spirits.

SECTION 3. Composition/information on ingredients

WHITE SPIRITS Mixture

Naphtha (petroleum), hydrodesulfurized heavy; Low boiling point hydrogen

treated naphtha

Contents: < 60.00%W/W

Kerosine (petroleum); Straight run kerosine

Contents: < 20.00 %W/W

Heptane [and isomers]

Contents: < 10.00%W/W

Octane [and isomers]

Turps/White Spirits

Contents: < 10.00 %W/W

methylcyclohexane
Contents: < 10.00 %W/W

cyclohexane
Contents: < 5.00 %W/W

Toluene

Xylene

downwardsfromzero
#160 Posted : 6/27/2023 1:49:29 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

MH, your white spirits would probably pull OK but you'd need to do an evaporation test to see if they leave any residue from the heavier fractions. Hopefully the low aromatics content won't interfere with freeze precip (which would presumably be your plan) but even were that to be the case it's not insurmountable. The aromatics are too valuable to leave in cheap white spirit anyhow.

Ofc, heptane would just work. Might be worth the price for the assurance of avoided hassle alone.

With both solvents to hand you could pull with the cheap stuff and re-x with the heptane.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

«PREV6789NEXT