We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Vinegar Question Options

pois1
#1 Posted : 5/26/2023 7:17:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Vinegar on chips yes or no?

A big yes from me, with a load of salt haha. But on a serious note I have a question regarding the type of vinegar used in an extraction tek. If someone lived in a place (australia) where they can't find Distilled White Vinegar and they can only find white vinegar, double strength white vinegar and cleaning vinegar (could also find the usual other cooking vinegars like malt, white wine and apple cider etc)

Im just wondering if there would be any issues of them using standard white vinegar (non distilled) in Cybs Hybrid ATB salt tek? I cant see any issues but would like the input of some people who actually know what they're doing! Thanks in advance everyone!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

_Trip_
#2 Posted : 5/26/2023 7:37:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

White vinegar or double strength will be fine.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

pois1
#3 Posted : 5/26/2023 8:49:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Much love mate thank you Big grin

pois1
#4 Posted : 6/3/2023 12:08:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The results were very poor but could have been a mixture of things. The pH may have been too high in the initial acidification stage. Next extraction my friend is planning on using double strength vinegar at the amount suggested as normal distilled white vinegar. Would this be an issue?
Is there such a thing as adding too much acetic acid and having a pH too low?

Palmer Eldritch
#5 Posted : 6/3/2023 12:21:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you have pH papers or a pen to check? I don't know the target pH for that specific tek (I normally do STB), but I don't think you would ever go too low with vinegar.
All posts are written from the perspective of Palmer Eldritch, the subject of Philip K Dick's 1965 novel, The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite phi revolving around infinite parallels, Fractals of infinite reality, Each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel! Tell me the true nature of my reality!"

"You gotta chill, man!"

pois1
#6 Posted : 6/3/2023 1:53:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No ph papers or tools available! Going to go with the double strength vinegar

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 6/4/2023 2:16:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Not sure there's any issue with making it too acidic. It's simply half of breaking down the plant matter and having the DMT dissolved in the process. Just make sure you bring the PH back way up to complete the breaking away process and to turn it into freebase so the solvent can pick it up.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

pois1
#8 Posted : 6/4/2023 7:22:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sweet as I think I’ve done all I can then!
Working with acacia accuminata which is apparently notorious for goo
Can’t seem to get any crystals at all to form for the life of me and don’t think I’ve done anything wrong
Has anyone seen anything like this before? The first photo is the goo as the naphtha is evaporating. The second photo is after 24hours of dry in front of a fan

Should add following cybs/earthwalkers tek scaled to 50g bark. The tek was designed for ACRB this is AARB. Any advice would be great! At this stage I’m happy with the goo and will make some enhanced leaf using mullein but god I’d love to get some xtal just for the success feeling haha

First time trying to post photos sorry if they don’t work!