We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Harmala Roasting. Options

josboaz
#21 Posted : 6/3/2023 10:17:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
josboaz wrote:
Gnostic_Mind wrote:
josboaz wrote:

I stopped with roasting the seeds, as I have tried it many times, since I OP in this thread. But I got the feeling that roasting deactivated it.

This is my main concern as well, I think we are privileged and should be just appreciative that such a precious tool is so widely available and so cheaply than worrying too much over taste. Does anyone drink the Rue tea straight anyway?
My fav combo is probably with hot chocolate, but Oat milk also works well and so does a protein shake or just a soft drink, you can mix it with any number of drinks to taste very little of the Rue but a mild background taste.

well, it depends on what you mean with 'rue tea' as there is a difference in the taste. When it comes down to either a tea or brew. i.e. pouring hot water over it or cooking. I make strongly concentrated brews of 40gr. That stuff is awful and can not be easily masked by other liquids.

I always add honey. I've had it without a few times, and it's not too terrible, but isn't pleasant. The honey remedies that completely and makes the rue have a well-balanced flavor in conjunction.

I recently just brewed a batch with 100g, reducing the total volume to about 450ml, so it's ready to go whenever I want it. Made sure to pour plenty of honey in Smile

One love

Yeah man, big batches are the way to go man.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

PREV12