We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Extracting from "10x Rue Extract" Options

merkin
#21 Posted : 5/24/2023 10:31:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Burnttoast22 wrote:
When I do the first Manske step, the tek says I need to make an acidic powder solution and then add the hot salt saturated solution to it and let it cool slowly overnight to get the first set of crystals.
This was the first thing I tried and I got nothing.
I just want to check that this is the next step as in the tek the 2nd-5th manske you just use hot water for the crystals and dont add any acid just more salt.
Sorry if im being dim, I have a very good working knowledge of DMT and Mesc extractions I just dont know why hes acidifying it again before the manske as if I understand the process correctly this would stop anything precipitating out.
Thank you for taking the time to give me a hand with this Thumbs up

OK, Im pretty sure you understand the tek but just a check-in to make sure we all on the same page with the Manske:

When you acidify (assume with vinegar) solids dissolves into a dark red -> light gold/orange liquid. The cleaner it is the more gold and transparent the liquid. Now you filter the solids out of that liquid once or twice (there are always dark solids no matter how many times you do this!)

Now you have a mostly transparent red->gold colored liquid. Per Phlux's recommended manske method: You match the volume of liquid you have with a saturated salt solution (done while hot ~90°C) and your acidified liquid is also hot in same temp zone. Then you pour in the salt solution (I do through a filter so as to keep excess salt out) so they are now both combined. I filter again while all is still hot. Then you cool and this is the part where the crystals should start growing (Harmalas HCl).

If you have harmalas this should definitely work. Its quite reliable. I am not sure of the concentration of your acidified liquid (that is important and there are indicators of how saturated it should be here on the forum - I can't recall precisely).

Potential Trouble Source:
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
You mention starting with a 10x extract. Do you know how that extract was made? My first post in this thread related to a similar "extract" which in the end I discarded as I got absolutely nothing from it resembling any harmalas, no precip, no UV glow, nada. It was possibly made with alcoholic solvents or something else but was not at all what I thought it would be. When extracting from seeds I have never ever had an issue.

My question: when you say 'powder' (in making the acidified solution) do you mean powder that has precipitated from an alkaline solution? his would be the case if you were starting from seeds. Or do you mean your original '10x powder? It should be the precipitate from the alkaline solution - i.e. a 'full spectrum' harmala alkaloid powder.

When you are busy, do you use a UV light at all? Your work area and hands etc will look like a forensic mass murder scene in UV light (if you are anywhere near as sloppy as me!). This means for sure you have some Harmine/DHH and all is good. In that case I would search a bit regarding concentrations. But 25g is a lot so unless you have a really large amount of vinegar I'm sure your liquids are pretty saturated.

Maybe I mentioned something that helps a bit?

Oh yeah - the Manske needs to happen on an acidified liquid - the end product is the HCl version of the harmalas. So tht's why its acdified. Also flip flopping between acid-base (without manske but filter when acidified state) is a good way to 'clean' your product - filter the acidified precipitate (waste), collect the alkaline precipitate (goodies). The more you do this the clearer and more golden the acidified liquid becomes and the whiter the alkloids and clear their water in alkaline state.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

brokedownpalace10
#22 Posted : 9/2/2023 8:43:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Beginner's question here.
What would be the best way to extract a small amount of Rue seeds quick and dirty for changa?
If you take 3-4 hits of straight Rue before your DMT, it is definitely enough to dramatically change the experience. So, how would one simply purify the Rue somewhat, keeping the alks freebase, so as to make it a better changa addition?

Sakkadelic
#23 Posted : 9/4/2023 6:20:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

brokedownpalace10 wrote:
Beginner's question here.
What would be the best way to extract a small amount of Rue seeds quick and dirty for changa?
If you take 3-4 hits of straight Rue before your DMT, it is definitely enough to dramatically change the experience. So, how would one simply purify the Rue somewhat, keeping the alks freebase, so as to make it a better changa addition?

The simplest way imo is to make a strong tea, saturate it with salt, let it cool, collect the xtals, then freebase with sodium carbonate, filter, dry, enjoy.
Here's some more details of when i tried this before https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=74206
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

PREV12