We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
VG vs GVG? Options

Infowars
#1 Posted : 2/25/2010 1:34:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've done a fair bit of researh on both VG's and it seems like most people think that the glass version is the way to go for smoking spice. I was wondering if anyone has tried them both and could offer a comparitive review of the two. Thanks in advance for your help.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

lonewolf123
#2 Posted : 2/25/2010 1:48:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

you get a nicer, cleaner toke from the glass one.... You also will begin to taste the wood after prolonged use. Also quicker packing, the wood has a screw on top, the glass uses fitted, ground glass. youre also able to pack more, its a very small bowl on the wood one.

Kartikay
#3 Posted : 2/25/2010 1:55:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just ordered the handcarved wooden one today. I don't think it is better for smoking spice, but the veterans of this site told me that there was not an anormous difference. The benefit of the wooden pipe, for me, is that it looks like it could legitimately be used for smoking tobacco. Try convincing someone that your glass VG is for tobacco. They won't believe you.

But I've heard that both versions work with excellence. So if you want to save $30 or $40, you'll still achieve breakthrough with the wooden ones. Plus they're classy Very happy
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

Felnik
#4 Posted : 2/25/2010 2:14:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wooden one works great . packs well, does the job. seems to work better when kept clean. Run hot grain alcohol through it once in a while
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

VisualDistortion
#5 Posted : 2/25/2010 2:30:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kartikay wrote:
I just ordered the handcarved wooden one today. I don't think it is better for smoking spice, but the veterans of this site told me that there was not an anormous difference. The benefit of the wooden pipe, for me, is that it looks like it could legitimately be used for smoking tobacco. Try convincing someone that your glass VG is for tobacco. They won't believe you.

But I've heard that both versions work with excellence. So if you want to save $30 or $40, you'll still achieve breakthrough with the wooden ones. Plus they're classy Very happy

Yes, very hard to convince someone that a glass pipe is for smoking tobacco when they see all the crystalized DMT on the sides from smoke passing though it.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

lonewolf123
#6 Posted : 2/25/2010 2:36:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Personally, I dont find either good for smoking tobacco....

Infowars
#7 Posted : 2/25/2010 2:44:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for all the info, guys. Would you say that a VG would be better than a crack pipe then for smoking spice?

VisualDistortion
#8 Posted : 2/25/2010 3:03:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Infowars wrote:
Thanks for all the info, guys. Would you say that a VG would be better than a crack pipe then for smoking spice?

Yes. Smoking out of a light buld sucks. Worst way to smoke spice ever.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Kartikay
#9 Posted : 2/25/2010 3:04:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The fact that you have something to use other than a "crack pipe" is already an improvement, regardless of how well it works.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

antrocles
#10 Posted : 2/25/2010 3:07:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i have four VG's. 3 wood, 1 glass.

i only use the glass one now. being able to actually "see" what you're getting is huge. my technique since getting my glass VG has become absolutely perfect. i breakthrough in one hit EVERY TIME.

be sure to get a good torch lighter my friend! enjoy!!

LOVE AND GRATITUDE!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

lonewolf123
#11 Posted : 2/25/2010 3:12:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

One hit? how long of a hit are you taking? and what dose?

Seeing what youre getting is a big plus too

antrocles
#12 Posted : 2/25/2010 3:25:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

a giant, deep, from the belly, long, slow, full lung's worth. i don't bother measuring anymore...haven't for many months. i just load up the glass VG with a nice strong changa and i can breakthrough about 6 times (sometimes more) on it. keep in mind that i can completely break through on 20mg...

the glass VG is the best thing available. i actually just ordered another one because i can't foresee anything better coming along! always nice to have a backup one.... Pleased

L&G!!
wisdom today."

gammagore
#13 Posted : 2/25/2010 9:27:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hehehe, the collection just grows and grows hey ant?

I have a glass VG, I like it, ive never used a wooden one. The glass one you can see exactly when it needs cleaning and when the magic starts to happen.

endlessness
#14 Posted : 2/25/2010 9:36:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

GVG

Advantages
- You can see the Vapor (easier to calibrate how much heat to use / how close to get with the lighter)
- Very effective heating, the glass and form of the GVG seems to heat the whole pipe very effective
- Very easy to clean perfectly and thoroughly, it looks like new. Some alcohol is all it takes
- Beautiful classy tool for going to hyperspace. Makes the ritual seem even more special
- Big loading chamber, fits a significant amount of herbs/material

Disadvantages
- Dont drop it, or it will break!
- Twice the price of the classic genie

Classic VG

Advantages
- Effective enough to be much better than any other smoking technique appart from the GVG
- Half the price of the GVG
- Its very tough, it can fall and its unlikely to break.

Disadvantages
- Cant see the vapor, so you take a few tries to learn how to judge the need for the heat by the feeling in the throat/lungs
- Smaller loading chamber, fits around 100mg of herbs
- Harder to clean. You cant use alcohol because it would damage the wood finish. Cant see or reach the inside part properly.
- Some people might find it ugly

Infowars
#15 Posted : 2/25/2010 9:51:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

antrocles wrote:

i only use the glass one now. being able to actually "see" what you're getting is huge. my technique since getting my glass VG has become absolutely perfect. i breakthrough in one hit EVERY TIME.

LOVE AND GRATITUDE!!

Your help is most appreciated, Antrocles. As I've never used one, what would you consider to be a good torch lighter?

BGTM236
#16 Posted : 2/27/2010 10:28:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Infowars wrote:
antrocles wrote:

LOVE AND GRATITUDE!!

Your help is most appreciated, Antrocles. As I've never used one, what would you consider to be a good torch lighter?

Me and Antrocles stress this as much as anyone. Be prepared to spend at least $40 on a high quality torch lighter, its just as important as your VG. You wont go wrong with a Colibri, Visol, or Lotus. A lot of people here like the Blazer, but dont get the cheap one. There is nothing worse than trying to blast off and having your light fail you.

With a good lighter and proper technique you can clear a 100mg dose in 1 hit with the glass VG. With a regular bic or flint lighter it would take you at least 3 hits to clear 50 mg.

Dimitrius
#17 Posted : 2/27/2010 3:33:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
The original blazer PB207 any good?

It works great. I've had mine for 4-5 months. Works perfect every time. Upright, sideways, upside down...whatever.

It has a nice tank capacity too.

https://dmt-nexus.me/for...posts&t=8529&p=3
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

antrocles
#18 Posted : 2/27/2010 4:39:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

not sure the exact brand i've got, but it was $40 and is extremely well made. the metal is all solid metal and the tank is glass. it's clear glass so you can always see the fuel level. it never misfires....

but what i like the most about it is that it is a PIPE torch. it has a 90-degree bend that makes it absolutely perfect for use with the GVG.

i noticed on Blazer's website that they have a couple with a pipe bend in them....i would recommend these...

MUCH LOVE AND GRATITUDE!!
antrocles attached the following image(s):
pipetorch.jpg (82kb) downloaded 2,462 time(s).
pipetorchinaction.jpg (100kb) downloaded 2,449 time(s).
wisdom today."

antrocles
#19 Posted : 2/27/2010 4:51:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

and....fwiw....i just ordered a second GVG for my bufotenine/anything that DOESN'T contain spice. i will most likely give my wooden ones away to friends now (just gave one to impossiblemachine, nice n' loaded for his b-day...) . seriously, the glass one is a straight-up work of art. so well made and timeless...i can't see how it will ever need to be "refined" in any way. it'll be as perfect in 50 years as it is now. just one of those perfect things that come around once in a great while. just go buy one. trust me everyone....trust me on this one....

LOVE AND GRATITUDE!!
wisdom today."

lonewolf123
#20 Posted : 2/27/2010 5:24:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You say you only use changa, do you find it easy to burn crystals in it if you use a torch? That was always swims fear about using a torch... seems like its easy enough to burn using a bic...

123NEXT»