We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Recently discovered a cool new artist Options

Mitakuye Oyasin
#1 Posted : 5/20/2023 12:25:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Recently I discovered a cool new artist that has a lot of what I consider as psychedelic art. His name is Brent Houzenga and he works mostly out of New Orleans. Apparently he started his art by finding a bunch of old photographs of people that someone had tossed out and he used these photos to create artwork. His work has moved on since then to include some pretty iconic people, musicians, superheroes, writers, etc. I recently bought a Phillip K. Dick screen print that he did in multicolor and love it. Need to get it framed and hung though.

The way he blows apart and reassembles some of his subjects is quite unique and what drew me to his art.

Thought some of you might appreciate his art as well.

His website is: https://www.houzenga.com/work

Keep creating art, no matter what form or format. The world needs more cool art.

Peace ;-)
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#2 Posted : 5/20/2023 10:18:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here are a few of Houzenga's pieces that I like. There are 2 P.K. Dick ones and one Oppenheimer.

Mitakuye Oyasin attached the following image(s):
PKD.jpg (211kb) downloaded 35 time(s).
PKD4.jpg (133kb) downloaded 35 time(s).
oppenheimer.jpg (271kb) downloaded 35 time(s).
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Mister_Niles
#3 Posted : 5/20/2023 10:31:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow! Cool. I am a dyed in the wool Dickhead from way back. The coolest thing about those portraits, is that the lines of color might represent the beam that VALIS sent to PKD to spur him into action on his final trilogy. If you're a fan, I highly recommend The Exegesis. It is available as an audiobook which is very cool because the book itself is as big as infinite jest I'm a break your wrists if you try to read it manually. Thanks for the post. very cool stuff
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

abecedarian
#4 Posted : 5/20/2023 10:38:57 PM

∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ęRhe✟ori© ABe©eDarian $✞ȉllĨn✞hę©®@✟ę

Very cool.
I'm a man from a place with hands and a face. Part of the heart of the human race. It illuminates. ∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ę®ȉ©

dragonrider
#5 Posted : 5/21/2023 12:42:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like it. And also the fact that you're actually buying works of art. Thumbs up

Mitakuye Oyasin
#6 Posted : 5/21/2023 10:25:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Been buying and selling and making and selling art since I was a teenager. Art, like music, is one of those rare things that can cross many different social and cultural and mental barriers and unite people. These days my home is like an art gallery. I love it!
— Terence McKenna