We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Therapeutic doses / Deep work / Compound choice Options

bIRD_
#1 Posted : 5/13/2023 6:04:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey all. Lately i'm researching alot on how i want to approach psychedelics again and this thread Using Psychedelics Wisely gave me some good input and feels very in line with my goals. To explain a little bit about me: I've used some psychedelics in the past, almost always on a higher dose. These experiences are in the past, well integrated and its been about 7 years since the last stronger trip. Being way more mature and honest with myself i am now trying to approach those compounds with a different mindset and use them as tools and not for satisfaction.

Especially this paragraph gave me an idea:

Quote:
DEALlNG WITH THE SHADOW

As Jung indicated, the Shadow holds all the material that we have pushed aside so we can hide from ourselves. Unfortunately, it also contains much of our energy, and as long as it is unconscious, it exerts a powerful influence on our behavior without our knowing it. Furthermore, Shadow material is responsible for most of the difficulties humans create in the world. We project our Shadow onto others, believe those others to be the source of our difficulties, and seek refuge from them rather than taking responsibility in our own hands. Consequently we must resolve Shadow material if we are to develop. If this were accomplished on a widespread basis, it would be a major benefit for the world.

Jung describes human development as the process of "making the unconscious conscious." Psychedelics, particularly in low doses, can be an extremely effective tool in this process. The bulk of my experience is with the phenethylamine compounds, which remained legal longer than the standard psychedelics such as LSD, mescaline, and psilocybin. Whereas a full dose of a phenethylamine like 2C-T-2 or 2C-T-7 might be 20 milligrams, a low dose would be ten or twelve milligrams, or roughly equivalent to 25-50 micrograms of LSD.

The most infallible guide to Shadow material is our uncomfortable feelings. Many do not like to use low doses because these feelings come to the surface. Rather than experience them, they use larger doses to transcend them. But these uncomfortable feelings are precisely what we must resolve to free ourselves from the Shadow, gain strength and energy, and function more comfortably and competently in the world. By using smaller amounts and being willing to focus our full attention on whatever feelings arise and breathe through them, we find that these feelings eventually dissolve, often with fresh insight and understanding of our personal dynamics. The release of such material permits an expansion of awareness and energy. If we work persistently to clear away repressed areas, we can enter the same sublime states that are available with larger doses—with an important additional gain. Having resolved our uncomfortable feelings, we are in a much better position to maintain a high state of clarity and functioning in day-to-day life.

This made alot of sense to me and i would love if someone could share their experience about low dosing psychedelics to use in a therapeutical way, especially how LSD would work for such an ordeal or if theres maybe a better compound to do so in your experience.

Eagerly awaiting your responses.
Much love - bIRD_ Love

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

abecedarian
#2 Posted : 5/13/2023 6:35:38 PM

∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ęRhe✟ori© ABe©eDarian $✞ȉllĨn✞hę©®@✟ę

For me, and maybe due to the fact that I started using LSD so young, too young really, lsd can be just a recreational day for me if I let it be. That is to say I can take it rather lightly compared to ayahuasca. There's still a therapeutic value for me, it's just that it doesn't invoke the most serious of my inner work there is to be done as ayahuasca does. Which is okay because I can still meditate on my intentions and actively 'do the work', I can be creative doing some sort of art, but I can also carry on with a fairly normal day having used it recreationally.

The deepest work for me is done on ayahuasca or ayahuasca alkaloids. I really have to face myself on dmt. It usually happens that as it comes on everything is pretty serious and solemn for me. And the seriousness of the event comes to a head as I may have to purge if I'm going to. After I face and accept that I got work on myself to do I often write in my journal and after having done that I sometimes even start signing and dancing with a sense of accomplishment, finding joy and pleasure from feeling cleansed and refreshed having continued to better myself one step at a time.

So, yea, lsd can be used for deep work if those are my intentions but it can also enhance a fairly normal day for me. Plant and fungi based psychedelics more so invoke the sense of class being in session and the continuation of my self-education and need for growth. Ayahuasca and ayahuasca alkaloids the most. That is not to say that it stays serious and somber because if I face issues head on with acceptance and achieve my available growth spurt I find joy and happiness immediately following having done so.

I'm a man from a place with hands and a face. Part of the heart of the human race. It illuminates. ∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ę®ȉ©