We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
White Xtals... A Happy Accident? Options

Toshido
#1 Posted : 5/8/2023 7:52:03 PM

Research & Development

I made an oopsies.

Using this TEK of course. Toshido Tek

I was pouring in my third out of five 50mL worth of Naphtha in order to do my pulls when I realized I had actually grabbed the beaker with 50mL water and 5mg sodium carbonate. A simple mistake considering both are of a clear liquid in identical vessels, but lesson learned and will keep them separated more efficiently.

I decided to do my 4th and 5th pulls anyways just to see what would happen. I combined them into my sep funnel where I normally do a sodium carb wash and then properly decanted before starting the freeze precipitation process.

I woke up to beautiful white crystals. Decanted the used solvent and fan dried the xtals. They smelled like naphtha still, but after a few hours of sitting it out it then smelled like DMT, just a bit less flowery.

I smoked them and went to hyperspace, although I found it to be more on the robotic geometrical pattern spectrum instead of a more organically breathing type experience. It was my first time smoking white spice.

Did I make white crystals by accident? Or did I make something else?

If I did, then it's a happy accident, as I now know how to produce white xtals instead of doing a big re-x. I did notice a significant yield loss of about 30-40 percent, as I understand that yellower DMT also consists of more plant fats, oils, lipids, polymorphs, etc.

Anyways, what'd I do here?

The thing is, I always do a carb wash in the sep funnel, it just helps me separate the soup that transfers during my pulls, and I still get yellow crystals after freeze precip, but this time the happy accident was doing a sodium carb wash halfway through my naphtha pulls, so it washed the soup and the naphtha as I had it spinning on a hot plate.

I wonder what would happen if I did the sodium carb wash in the soup BEFORE adding naphtha and doing pulls.
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 5/9/2023 12:40:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Great job! It's just DMT. Plain and simple. A very happy accident.

On another note. Sometimes yellow DMT has some of the things that you mentioned with it. Often though, it's just DMT Smile

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽