We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is it possible to save pereskiopsis cuttings? Options

ShamanisticVibes
#1 Posted : 5/3/2023 4:47:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey folks! Long time since I've been here, but I have a question. I'm currently growing a few pereskiopsis and they're getting a little overgrown and my cactus seedlings aren't quite large enough to graft yet. I'd like to open an etsy store and sell cuttings in order to create a bit of passive income. Would I be able to take the cuttings now and wrap them up in brown paper or a paper towel and save them much like and trichocereus? Or would I have to take the cuttings fresh before shipping? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks friends!
May we continue to be blessed

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

_Trip_
#2 Posted : 5/3/2023 11:10:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Put them in water so the bottom 2 inches are submerged, wait a week or two until roots start to shoot then sell them. People love rooted cuttings. It's one of a few cacti you csn root in water.

They do store for a while, like trichos. Keep in mind they root better from the tips not the older 'woodier' parts. Fresh cuttings maybe a better idea though. They'll post fine.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

ShamanisticVibes
#3 Posted : 5/3/2023 11:45:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote=_Trip_]Put them in water so the bottom 2 inches are submerged, wait a week or two until roots start to shoot then sell them. People love rooted cuttings. It's one of a few cacti you csn root in water.

They do store for a while, like trichos. Keep in mind they root better from the tips not the older 'woodier' parts. Fresh cuttings maybe a better idea though. They'll post fine.[/quote

Thanks! So I would have to wait until the roots were established enough and put them in a small pot and ship it that way? I've gotten quite a few live cutting delivered before so I've got a pretty good idea of how to package it in a manner that wouldn't harm the new roots.
May we continue to be blessed