We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is it possible to save pereskiopsis cuttings? Options

ShamanisticVibes
#1 Posted : 5/3/2023 4:47:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey folks! Long time since I've been here, but I have a question. I'm currently growing a few pereskiopsis and they're getting a little overgrown and my cactus seedlings aren't quite large enough to graft yet. I'd like to open an etsy store and sell cuttings in order to create a bit of passive income. Would I be able to take the cuttings now and wrap them up in brown paper or a paper towel and save them much like and trichocereus? Or would I have to take the cuttings fresh before shipping? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks friends!
May we continue to be blessed

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

_Trip_
#2 Posted : 5/3/2023 11:10:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Put them in water so the bottom 2 inches are submerged, wait a week or two until roots start to shoot then sell them. People love rooted cuttings. It's one of a few cacti you csn root in water.

They do store for a while, like trichos. Keep in mind they root better from the tips not the older 'woodier' parts. Fresh cuttings maybe a better idea though. They'll post fine.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

ShamanisticVibes
#3 Posted : 5/3/2023 11:45:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote=_Trip_]Put them in water so the bottom 2 inches are submerged, wait a week or two until roots start to shoot then sell them. People love rooted cuttings. It's one of a few cacti you csn root in water.

They do store for a while, like trichos. Keep in mind they root better from the tips not the older 'woodier' parts. Fresh cuttings maybe a better idea though. They'll post fine.[/quote

Thanks! So I would have to wait until the roots were established enough and put them in a small pot and ship it that way? I've gotten quite a few live cutting delivered before so I've got a pretty good idea of how to package it in a manner that wouldn't harm the new roots.
May we continue to be blessed