We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I want to try the vape method. Options

Toshido
#1 Posted : 12/28/2022 6:18:41 PM

Research & Development

I came across this youtube video of the eMesh, although the video is 2 years outdated, it seems alluring to try this method. 3 hits in 1 hit sounds great to me.

Will these parts suffice? Or is their an updated guide to the eMesh? Vaping method?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHW6FeuhSjA

Body - Aegis Solo 100
RDA - MV2 Meshy RDA
Mesh - Vandy Vape SS316L
510 Long Mouth Piece
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

artificer
#2 Posted : 12/28/2022 8:58:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Those parts will suffice, yes. I find that the Vandy Vape mesh is narrow for my liking, it'll work but not wide enough to shape a lip on the sides (wasn't designed for it), so easier to spill spice off the edges.

If you can find 304SS or 316SS fine mesh screen, it allows for cutting and shaping into more of a bowl that's less prone to spilling. Then it's a matter of shaping it just right as to not touch the edges of the RDA body when assembled. I found a piece of 200 mesh 304SS online for <$15 shipped (USA). The higher the mesh, the tighter the screen, but the wire diameter tends to get smaller and weaker - 200 mesh seems to be happy medium. (EDIT - this used to say 120 mesh but that was incorrect, 200 mesh will work better)

I've tried Divine Tribe V4 and V5 devices and maybe wasn't using the right cups or something for them, but I found it took considerably more time to heat them up to temp (trickier to figure out timing) and it's a hotter hit with them; also they are more airflow restrictive. The mesh screen with RDA has less thermal mass so it gets to temp quickly and Aegis Solo regulates temp well; RDAs I've tried have had minimal airflow restriction which personally I desire. Pulse the Aegis to get the spice melted into the screen and it can be ready immediately or weeks later without worry of loose spice going anywhere. It's been by far most reliable one hit apparatus for me Thumbs up
An affinity to entheogens that bring me to full submission,
A thriving esoteric greenhouse, I do envision

Toshido
#3 Posted : 12/29/2022 3:28:32 PM

Research & Development

Thank you for the helpful info on the mesh variations, I certainly don't want to go spilling precious spice. My first round of interstellar travel was in 2019 and I used the pipe method with a 50 percent success rate, now I'm hearing about all of these ready to go vape cartridges that people have but that kind of weirds me out. This modded vape method, although slightly daunting, seems like a sure fire way to get the job done.

Also, because of it's efficiency, I hear a little goes a long way when it comes to vaping. Should I still be going off of Erowid's dosing chart when looking for a breakthrough hit?

"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

artificer
#4 Posted : 12/29/2022 4:15:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Also, because of it's efficiency, I hear a little goes a long way when it comes to vaping. Should I still be going off of Erowid's dosing chart when looking for a breakthrough hit?

The dosage with e-mesh will be lower than most other ROAs, check this out Direct e-mesh vape thread

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 12/29/2022 9:22:48 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

artificer wrote:
Quote:

The dosage with e-mesh will be lower than most other ROAs, check this out Direct e-mesh vape thread

The convection method detailed in this thread by starway7 show great promise as well. Smooth and efficient, and easier loading as well.

The most recent post sets it out in details with a great pictorial guide.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Toshido
#6 Posted : 1/1/2023 6:14:14 AM

Research & Development

All of those threads are extremely helpful. I'm glad I was able to find the proper e-mesh dosage chart. Good to know that I don't have any business going past 30mg.

I've never done more than 25mg smoked. I've been past the chrysanthemum and in some interesting rooms. I've seen entities twice very very briefly. I probably haven't done enough.

I certainly don't want to go past that and get time trapped in an uncomfortable place. How would you describe the place after hyperspace?

PhilboBaggins
#7 Posted : 1/2/2023 10:41:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I’ve been dabbling very infrequently with dmt for a few years now, first I tried the GVG then a dab rig.

I was trying to take it easy to get going, 25mg max probably which resulted in some uncomfortable half in half out type experiences which left me nervous to try again, hence the infrequency.

A few days ago I put together an emesh set up with the aegis solo s100, wotofo profile 1.5 (which I bought to replace a cheap direct from china ones off wish etc that just didn’t clamp the mesh) and the mesh you mention (200 micron) and a random drip tip from eBay.

I attempted to measure out 10mg but got something like 13, managed to drop some which took it down to maybe 10 - my scales are a bit hit and miss at such a small amount. Visibly it was a very very small amount compared to the 25mg I’d used with GVG. I doubted if much at all would happen.

I think I had the temp a tiny bit too high because the vapour was a little hot in my throat so I blew it out forcefully after only just being finished inhaling, feeling I’d done something wrong (the rda from wish had shorted and burnt the spice terribly, making me wary). Again thinking hardly anything would happen because of this.

I simply couldn’t believe it! By far the strongest experience I’ve had! By the time my head touched the pillow it was like being on a rollercoaster made of rainbow fractals! Being spun this way and that! I guess you could call this the chrysanthemum?

The efficiency seems insane, and the fact it’s all vaped so quickly, removes my temptation to go half assed at it under the pretence of not wanting to burn it.

Needless to say I’m excited rather than scared to go back in now and my recommendation would be to start waaay low on the dosage! Also give your setup a good dry run first, and maybe add a few mg and watch it vaporise to check before committing. It stinks so bad when you burn it!

artificer
#8 Posted : 1/2/2023 1:54:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice to hear your good results! For reference, my Aegis is set to TC-SS @ 385°F/195°C, T=0105, W=41

Dry fire the vape (no spice) in dark room, in a second or so you should see the mesh slightly glow for a moment and then it should automatically back off to where the glow can barely be seen and maintain by itself until 10 second cutoff. If you get it like this, it shouldn't burn your spice. The only time I run it hotter is when putting brand new mesh in to burn off dust and oil that might be on the mesh before loading with spice.

PhilboBaggins
#9 Posted : 1/2/2023 4:37:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks artificier, I had it at 204°C, T=0105, W=30.

I think maybe I'll try really low and work up from there, I read somewhere 170-odd can even be ok, my throat is perhaps a bit senstive.

Toshido
#10 Posted : 1/4/2023 5:45:50 AM

Research & Development

PhilboBaggins wrote:
Thanks artificier, I had it at 204°C, T=0105, W=30.

I think maybe I'll try really low and work up from there, I read somewhere 170-odd can even be ok, my throat is perhaps a bit senstive.

I'll keep this in mind too when configuring my settings on the Aegis once I get it.

And yes I have heard you need to blast the stock mesh to get rid of chemicals before you add any spice to it. I can't believe 10mg got you that good! I may start with 5 and work my way up from there.

I have a sensitive throat as well, so I'm hoping I don't have that issue when taking a full inhale. Regular nicotine vape pens make me cough so hard if I ever decide to hit a friends just once. It may be because I smoke cigarettes. Hoping for a clean vape from my extraction.

PhilboBaggins
#11 Posted : 1/4/2023 9:49:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I was shocked! YMMV obviously but nothing lost by starting low.

I’ll let you know if lowering the temp helps once I’ve got the time and headspace to dive back in.

Happy travels!

Toshido
#12 Posted : 1/28/2023 7:46:09 AM

Research & Development

PhilboBaggins wrote:

A few days ago I put together an emesh set up with the aegis solo s100, wotofo profile 1.5 (which I bought to replace a cheap direct from china ones off wish etc that just didn’t clamp the mesh) and the mesh you mention (200 micron) and a random drip tip from eBay.

Could NOT find any Vandy Vape M2s so I went with the Wotofo Profile 1.5! Still waiting on it in the mail though. My set up now will be....

Body - Aegis Solo 100
RDA - Wotofo Profile 1.5
Mesh - Vandy Vape SS316L
510 Long Mouth Piece

Tired of doing this sandwich method that wastes so much of what I extracted. And I do not have a GVG, I've been pretty set on this fun 1 hit wonder build. Almost there!

I'm wondering if this mesh is compatible with the Wotofo the same way it is with the Vandy.

PhilboBaggins
#13 Posted : 1/28/2023 9:44:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I struggled to even find the profile 1.5 so that’s good news!

The mesh will work but you will need to trim the width of it down (easy with regular scissors) because the terminal holes and the area inside generally is quite small. It does work though and the clamping mechanism is nice and sturdy.

I trimmed the width along the length of the whole piece, not just the bits that fit into the terminals. Some people make different set ups but I wanted to keep it uniform so that the current is hopefully uniform.

I tried 10mg again, this time measuring using the calibration weight on the scale to get it in a more optimum range for weighing and found the experience much weaker. Perhaps the accuracy with such a tiny weight on was out and I took more than I thought.

I also lowered the temp to 170 and the wattage but still experienced some discomfort in my throat but managed it better because I was expecting it. More experimentation is needed!

Toshido
#14 Posted : 1/29/2023 10:34:56 PM

Research & Development

PhilboBaggins wrote:
More experimentation is needed!

Thanks for the tips on cutting. Please keep in the loop as I'm sure I will require some experimentation as well. But considering we have the same builds, it would be nice to share results. Can keep using this thread or PM me, does not matter! Good luck with the experimentation and I will post back!

PhilboBaggins
#15 Posted : 2/11/2023 10:46:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was just thinking we should compare notes as you get going with it too and logged on for the first time in a while and here you are Very happy

I have come to realise that my setup is misbehaving on temperature control mode - when it starts from cool ie. it's been left alone for a few minutes, the first press makes the mesh glow red for the first few moments which is a big no-no and burns the spice.

Once it's done that though and it's warm, it seems I can hit the fire button as many times as I like and the temperature control works perfectly, which is why when I was doing dry tests everything seemed ok.

This is not ideal because for me - I find it nice to load up the mesh, get the spice melted in and then do some preparations to calm myself before blasting off, but this amount of time seems to be enough for everthing to cool down again and I get a harsh hit. I can see it glowing red out of the corner of my eye for those couple of moments too which makes me panic it's going to be a nasty toke etc.

I guess this is a problem between the rda and the mod box because I've changed the mesh and found the same issue. The issue also persists regardless of how low I set the temp to or if the max wattage is set low, like 15. I suppose it could be the 200 mesh, I might try and find some 100 or 150.

This realisation led me to start trying fixed wattage mode at 13w. I think I tried twice like that. The first time was a little harsh because I think I pressed the fire button before starting to inhale but managed to stop, exhale and start again and had quite an intense journey.

That's my concern with fixed wattage mode - there's a little pressure to make sure that air is always going over the mesh when the fire button is pressed or it will quickly go above the desired temperature. It certainly does work though and is definitely a viable option.

Anyway, it's been a couple of weeks now and I think maybe I'll have another try tonight! I can feel myself bailing on that idea already though Laughing

I'd be very interested to hear how you get of with TC mode or however you choose to try when you do. And if the heat spike from cool sounds famailiar to anyone out there and you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them too Big grin

ShadedSelf
#16 Posted : 2/11/2023 10:56:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Apparently the Solo 2, which I believe is what you have, temperature control is nowhere near as good as the original solo.
Other Geekvapes with the same chip as the original solo should perform okay.

Toshido
#17 Posted : 2/13/2023 4:55:30 PM

Research & Development

PhilboBaggins wrote:
I was just thinking we should compare notes as you get going with it too and logged on for the first time in a while and here you are Very happy

I will def keep you updated. I'm just waiting on the long drip tip mouth piece in the mail and then I can start experimenting.

I hate that you have to worry about your set up cooling down while you're trying to relax and prepare for your journey!!! It may be best to just get your meditation and breathing done first, and then load up before blast off, it can still be a relaxing process and you can still take a couple deep breathes before hand.

I have some more extractions to do in the mean time, so I'll keep myself busy until my drip tip gets here. Also just realized I ordered a 510 and the Wotofo Profile 1.5 takes 810's.... UGH so annoying! I may end up going to a hardware store and modding an adaptor, as ordering an adaptor or an 810 right now would take over a month...

PhilboBaggins
#18 Posted : 4/11/2023 10:23:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Latest update - I decided to try making some 'd-juice' for the convenience for a camping trip. Got the zeus tank and some 0.15 ohm coils. Made approx 1:3 ratio juice, filtered withrough a 0.5 micron filter - can confirm it works very nicely! Not having to weigh it out and it being literally just a button push away seems to help with the anxiety a bit, for me anyway. And it's not too harsh - I think I settled on 29 watts in the end. Not used it a great deal but so far I'm impressed that it actually worked and certainly seemed strong enough.

I'll try and experiement properly in the next few weeks and report back!

Loveall
#19 Posted : 4/12/2023 2:37:52 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

If 1/3 weight of DMT is added as citric acid it is even less harsh and near physiological pH. Ideally white/pure DMT or the solution can become too dense.

This concept was adapted from the nicotine salt market.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚