We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
SWIM first time extraction, trouble shooting, please help Options

Trampyman
#1 Posted : 3/29/2023 12:04:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Greetings.
Swim is trying their hand at a straight to base extraction.
They're following this tek thepsychedelicscientist.com/dmt-extraction/ and have not produced any crystals on their first attempt
They blended 200 grams of mrb and mixed in a solution of 200 grams of lye and 3 ltr of water.
After mixing and leaving for an hour they added 200ml of Azure Naptha (sbp3 light hydrocarbon), mixed, left to separate and pipetted the naphtha off into jam jars, left in the freezer for 24 hours and no crystals formed. They're currently trying to evaporate some of the naptha off and then will try freezing again. They do not want to try this again untill theyre sure theyre doing the process right. Theyre wondering if the naptha they've purchased is the correct variety and if there is anyway of salvaging the molecules from the dissolved mrb?
Apologise for the newbie question, have tried searching the forum for answers but thought it best to ask directly.
Thanks in advance

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Loveall
#2 Posted : 3/29/2023 2:39:28 PM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1014114#post1014114

Looks like your solvent is only 10-20% naphtha (wrong material). Always read the ingredients/MSDS.

Also, start with smaller quantities when learning. Why do you want to extract that much bark?
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Trampyman
#3 Posted : 3/29/2023 4:14:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thankyou.
Swim was too keen as They've observed extractions multiple times in the past. Realise now it was a silly idea.
In your opinion if they was to add the correct solvent to my MRB and lye solution would they still be able to pull the dmt or should they just start a new batch?

Loveall
#4 Posted : 3/29/2023 4:43:48 PM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

Trampyman wrote:
Thankyou.
Swim was too keen as They've observed extractions multiple times in the past. Realise now it was a silly idea.
In your opinion if they was to add the correct solvent to my MRB and lye solution would they still be able to pull the dmt or should they just start a new batch?

I'm wondering why you want to extract that much bark before answering this.

Trampyman
#5 Posted : 3/29/2023 5:06:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Because they wanted to extract at least a gram and a half. Festival season is approaching and its cheaper than buying in small amounts. Sorry is it against the rules of this forum to extract more than a small amount? I did read the rules but didn't see anything about that

Toshido
#6 Posted : 3/29/2023 7:25:54 PM

Research & Development

Trampyman wrote:
Because they wanted to extract at least a gram and a half. Festival season is approaching and its cheaper than buying in small amounts. Sorry is it against the rules of this forum to extract more than a small amount? I did read the rules but didn't see anything about that

No discussion of buying drugs.

2.2 Attitude Wiki
🌳👨โ€🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨โ€🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
โœดโœดโœด - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Homo Trypens
#7 Posted : 3/29/2023 9:34:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hey Trampyman, welcome to the nexus.

It's not against the forum rules to do a not so small extraction. It is against the rules to do commercial scale extractions, which i personally feel is not very far away but not quite there yet with your 200g of bark. And it is against the rules to mention anything about buying or selling either bark or extracted alkaloids, so please don't do that again.

IMO it can make sense to want to extract a stash that lasts a year or two. However, that's once you know what you're doing.

When you try an extraction the first time, especially when you don't fully understand every aspect of it (like which solvents are good to use), you should always go small. Like 20-50g of bark - an amount that's easy to handle, gives a respectable amount of product in case of success (half a gram is like 20 smoalks!), but isn't a great loss if things go wrong.

Remember that the trees are living beings, and we should treat their barks with respect and care. The spice is invaluable.

In your case, if you already did the pulls with that solvent, my guess is that it did pull the dmt, but it didn't precipitate during the freeze because some constituents of your solvent don't have that nice temperature dependent solubility gradient for DMT.

If my guess is true, (at least part of) the DMT is no longer in the basic soup, but trapped in the solvent. So you'd basically have one or two options to retrieve that:
- if you have more of the same solvent, you can do an evap test with a bit of fresh solvent. If it evaps without leaving any traces, simply evaporating all of your DMT ladden solvent is a possibility.
- if you can't do an evap test or if the evap isn't clean, you'll have to backsalt. For example you could liquid-liquid extract from your solvent using acidic water (eg. dilute acetic or citric acid), converting the DMT back to a salt in the process. You could then base again, pull with a good solvent such as n-heptane this time, and go for freeze precipitation again.

Until you're sure, don't toss anything. My guess might be wrong, your solvent incapable of holding DMT, and everything still in the soup. Or maybe my guess is right but you've done only one pull from the soup, and there's DMT both in your solvent and still in the soup.

Ideally, you'll see this as an opportunity to learn and practice some useful techniques, follow a methodical approach to save your DMT wherever it is Smile

Trampyman
#8 Posted : 3/31/2023 5:18:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the advice. They realised it was foolish after they'd done it, wont be doing that again, sorry for the disrespect.

Loveall
#9 Posted : 3/31/2023 6:47:06 PM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

Trampyman wrote:
Thank you for the advice. They realised it was foolish after they'd done it, wont be doing that again, sorry for the disrespect.

No worries. No disrespect felt. Best of luck.