We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV89101112NEXT
Mescaline: Kash AB HCl and Cielo Extraction Attempts(update: Extractions Complete) +New extractions Options

Loveall
#181 Posted : 2/28/2023 11:26:20 PM

❀️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

I'd worry about the plant surviving the rest period if cut lengthwise.

If there is only one pup available, one thought is to cut it into 3 parts, like this,

XXX | XXXXXX | XXX

The middle part (XXXXXX) should have the same mescaline content to first order as the top and bottom parts combined (XXX + XXX) IF the top/bottom mescaline effect is roughly linear or symmetric across the plant length.

The paper with the mescaline top/bottom signal is in this original discussion thread
Loveall attached the following image(s):
Screenshot_20220405-220542-907-1.png (109kb) downloaded 443 time(s).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Toshido
#182 Posted : 3/1/2023 4:06:59 PM

Research & Development

Very interesting information. Love the graph.

So the way that the potency fluctuates throughout the plant is determined by it's maturity? Meaning that as the cactus grows taller, it pulls the potency concentration towards the middle/top?

It would make sense then, that the middle section as you suggested, would have the same as the bottom and top combined. That's really fascinating.
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

DetritusTheEgo
#183 Posted : 3/1/2023 10:09:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quite interesting.

After buying cuts for a decade at this point I've grown to only eye and buy fat mid cuts if given the choice. The fat beefy woody old mid cuts are cheaper and minimal buying competition for usually. When they root and pup they usually throw massive pupperonis too. Tips for me usually etoilate, if not just barely, while they are rooting. I'll keep this information in mind depending on the intention behind the purchase.

modern
#184 Posted : 3/2/2023 4:41:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Yep, I'm pretty sure finding that simply one month in indirect sunlight doubles yields is a new claim. Would be great if you could compare it directly to 3 months in cool darkness. If both simply double the yield that would be great info and new knoledge for the community 💚

I could be wrong, but I think 3 months cool dark rest is the current "standard". Would be great to update that to a simpler/shorter rest if new data supports that.

In theory leaving a cutting in very hot temps in full sun should increase alkaloids better than cold dark as many enzymes are down regulated with cold and dark. Those are stressors but drought is the main stress that contributes to the increase in alkaloids... hot temps and excess light both activate the same enzymes and a few others.

Quetzal7
#185 Posted : 3/4/2023 7:37:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

modern wrote:
Loveall wrote:
Yep, I'm pretty sure finding that simply one month in indirect sunlight doubles yields is a new claim. Would be great if you could compare it directly to 3 months in cool darkness. If both simply double the yield that would be great info and new knoledge for the community 💚

I could be wrong, but I think 3 months cool dark rest is the current "standard". Would be great to update that to a simpler/shorter rest if new data supports that.

In theory leaving a cutting in very hot temps in full sun should increase alkaloids better than cold dark as many enzymes are down regulated with cold and dark. Those are stressors but drought is the main stress that contributes to the increase in alkaloids... hot temps and excess light both activate the same enzymes and a few others.

Can we have some more detail information (link, study, or yourself explaining it =) ) about this ?
It does seems that drought is a factor, but as far as i know, in live plants; the curing is commonly in indirect light / darkness ... but i'm not sure we have many side to side studies....

About studying this, i would just slice in many pieces of like 5cm to get homogenous concentrations ;
and maybe extract directly, extract after letting in full sun; extract after letting in the dark....
sounds like some work for the nexus community !

merkin
#186 Posted : 3/5/2023 4:58:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quetzal7 wrote:
About studying this, i would just slice in many pieces of like 5cm to get homogenous concentrations ; and maybe extract directly, extract after letting in full sun; extract after letting in the dark....

Sure does sound like some work Quetzal7 Smile

Honestly, the variables just multiply exponentially if different parts of the plant have different alkaloid content. Is it at all possible to get comparable cuttings to compare? Lovell's xxx/xxxxxx/xxx split seems like the closest. Myself I would be happy knowing if 3 months was same and/or better than 6 and same for 12. Its quite a long wait after harvest so least possible time resting is ideal.

CIELO's great benefit is that it removes a huge number of individual extractor variables compared to tradition HCl A/Bteks. I have found it quite consistent in yield between different cuttings of the same plant and I am by no means a skilled or or practiced chemist. Compared to the gazillion questions after an HCl extract - acid titration, sanchez purity etc CIELO is all but 'foolproof'. Its a much better home-chem standard than HCl is for sure.

So a simple answer of how long to rest (ie level of patience required) would be awesome for me. I have been leaving as long as possible, even over 12. No idea of the real world effect though! Would be nice if there was a 1 - 3 - 6 - 12mo type comparison. If the delta was quite clear (like the ~2x claimed above) then that would be as deep as I would personally need this to go.

And, they do spoil while resting sometimes too, so if 3 months, say, was max benefit that would help a lot.

Madhattress
#187 Posted : 3/7/2023 8:58:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Some very interesting ideas from everone. What about taking 2 cacti that popped at the same time on one cut peice of cactus? Like twins more or less. Would they differ?

Here is abother extract i did from 86g dry. Got around 1.26g from this one.

Madhattress attached the following image(s):
20230307_102902.jpg (1,911kb) downloaded 341 time(s).
20230307_102945.jpg (1,251kb) downloaded 342 time(s).
20230307_103120.jpg (1,975kb) downloaded 343 time(s).
β€œYou have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

modern
#188 Posted : 3/8/2023 12:14:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

merkin wrote:
Quetzal7 wrote:
About studying this, i would just slice in many pieces of like 5cm to get homogenous concentrations ; and maybe extract directly, extract after letting in full sun; extract after letting in the dark....

Sure does sound like some work Quetzal7 Smile

Honestly, the variables just multiply exponentially if different parts of the plant have different alkaloid content. Is it at all possible to get comparable cuttings to compare? Lovell's xxx/xxxxxx/xxx split seems like the closest. Myself I would be happy knowing if 3 months was same and/or better than 6 and same for 12. Its quite a long wait after harvest so least possible time resting is ideal.

CIELO's great benefit is that it removes a huge number of individual extractor variables compared to tradition HCl A/Bteks. I have found it quite consistent in yield between different cuttings of the same plant and I am by no means a skilled or or practiced chemist. Compared to the gazillion questions after an HCl extract - acid titration, sanchez purity etc CIELO is all but 'foolproof'. Its a much better home-chem standard than HCl is for sure.

So a simple answer of how long to rest (ie level of patience required) would be awesome for me. I have been leaving as long as possible, even over 12. No idea of the real world effect though! Would be nice if there was a 1 - 3 - 6 - 12mo type comparison. If the delta was quite clear (like the ~2x claimed above) then that would be as deep as I would personally need this to go.

And, they do spoil while resting sometimes too, so if 3 months, say, was max benefit that would help a lot.

The enzymes that are activated with drought are the same with excess light and heat. Darkness and cold tend to down-regulate the enzymes needed for mescaline biosynthesis.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=100359 The same thread on the shroomery I posted some papers.

Dark and cold are stressors however they down-regulate these enzymes. I'm sure there are multiple pathways to mescaline. Drought and salt stress are the most studied stressors across plants due to agricultural significance. Both increase alkaloids almost universally but with limits. Dark stress does increase alkaloids short to for some plants peaking within a few days.

Don't want to steal this thread but if someone could test banana/apple for faster or stronger 'aging' of cuttings as well as the heat/sunlight vs cold/dark theories that would be awesome. I'm still building my collection from seed so am a year or two away from even the first test. Microextractions might be possible for me in the future.

Loveall
#189 Posted : 3/8/2023 12:00:27 PM

❀️‍🔥

I think small cuts simulating bug bites would also be interesting to test.

Madhattress
#190 Posted : 3/19/2023 8:49:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, so i am midway through doing another extraction. I thought id post some interesting results.

I previously did a extraction with some of my Peruvian Torch and the crystal formation was quite different from my other extractions. The crystal formation was more similar to sugar and glasslike chunks instead of fluffy hairlike crystals. So i was curious if it was just that one batch and so i did another one now and the crystal formation is indeed different than my other strains.

The first batch i used fresh EA and this time reused(reused EA first time)

Just thought id post for interest sake as i found it interesting. 🙂
20230319_104159.jpg (1,208kb) downloaded 259 time(s).
20230319_104154.jpg (1,398kb) downloaded 257 time(s).
20230319_104048.jpg (1,600kb) downloaded 257 time(s).
β€œYou have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

Madhattress
#191 Posted : 3/20/2023 12:11:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Real excited about this one, lots of different crystal formations going on in one jar. Thought id take some cool pics because this one is real beautiful 🙂

20230320_140320.jpg (3,202kb) downloaded 233 time(s).
20230320_135623.jpg (1,305kb) downloaded 230 time(s).
20230320_135347.jpg (3,185kb) downloaded 231 time(s).
20230320_140229.jpg (3,244kb) downloaded 230 time(s).

Madhattress
#192 Posted : 3/21/2023 3:10:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So here is a picture of my best extraction yet! This was from 100g dry. It came to 3.86g but i rate probably around 4g if i include the xtals that are evaporating from the side of the jar. This was from my Peruvian Torch and had no resting period. Cant imagine the yield if i did rest it a while 🙂 super stoked with this one.
20230321_165640.jpg (3,277kb) downloaded 203 time(s).
20230321_165715.jpg (1,469kb) downloaded 204 time(s).

Twilight Person
#193 Posted : 3/21/2023 6:04:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow so crazy pictures ... cant wait to try it on my own.

So if you all are giving yields, is 3,8 % now the whole crystals or the mescaline only?

I thought 1-1,2 % is what to expect from a cactus regarding mescaline on average. So now you really had nearly 4x or is this when calculating back to only-mescaline more like a 2 % yield? (but then still way more than the 'average'.

(Currently poking my poor cactus time to time to simulate insects raiding on him, hope it will also make a good effect)
~ O ~

doubledog
#194 Posted : 3/21/2023 6:46:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful crystals and great yields Thumbs up

It seems that you have a lot of quite pure material from these extractions, it would be great if you could test the solubility of CIELO citrate in various solvents (ethanol, IPA, acetone).

Madhattress
#195 Posted : 3/22/2023 7:11:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Twilight Person wrote:
Wow so crazy pictures ... cant wait to try it on my own.

So if you all are giving yields, is 3,8 % now the whole crystals or the mescaline only?

I thought 1-1,2 % is what to expect from a cactus regarding mescaline on average. So now you really had nearly 4x or is this when calculating back to only-mescaline more like a 2 % yield? (but then still way more than the 'average'.

(Currently poking my poor cactus time to time to simulate insects raiding on him, hope it will also make a good effect)

From my understanding you can get cacti that can produce up to 5% mescaline although these are very rare specimens but have been reported. I am quite happy with this yield from my Peruvian torch, with the evaporated Xtals added it comes to around 4grams.

If the 4 grams citrate were converted to HCl it would be 2.44G equivalent. This was from a super healthy and happy cactus with not even a scratch on it.

I will definitely cut some of it again and give it a dark rest to see how the yields turn out. Will be worth it if I could get double those yields for 100g dry cactus.

So far I think that the cacti species in South Africa are generally quite good on average that I have tested. The least I have gotten was 1 gram per 100gram dry and this was from very young small cacti.

Loveall
#196 Posted : 3/22/2023 8:03:29 AM

❀️‍🔥

This is the highest yield I'm aware of for Peruvian torch, congrats ☺️

Madhattress
#197 Posted : 3/22/2023 8:18:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
This is the highest yield I'm aware of for Peruvian torch, congrats ☺️

Wow really? Thats interesting. My last extraction i yielded 2grams on my other peruvian. I was shocked to see the yield in this when i decanted, dried and weighed.

Will make sure to mark this one to propagate.🙂

merkin
#198 Posted : 3/30/2023 6:53:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Madhattress wrote:
So here is a picture of my best extraction yet! This was from 100g dry. It came to 3.86g but i rate probably around 4g if i include the xtals that are evaporating from the side of the jar. This was from my Peruvian Torch and had no resting period. Cant imagine the yield if i did rest it a while 🙂 super stoked with this one.

Sounds like an awesome plant! Do you have a photo of it?

Also, keen for a cutting when one is available Smile

Madhattress
#199 Posted : 3/31/2023 9:11:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

merkin wrote:
Madhattress wrote:

Sounds like an awesome plant! Do you have a photo of it?

Also, keen for a cutting when one is available Smile

Here is a picture of the one i cut and then the other one is of the same cuts i made a few years ago.

I think its PT or maybe SSP?

20230331_094715.jpg (3,562kb) downloaded 100 time(s).
20230331_094752.jpg (4,074kb) downloaded 101 time(s).

Madhattress
#200 Posted : 3/31/2023 11:48:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Really amped to germinate these babies this weekend. Got a whole variety 😃

I got:

Short Spine Peru x bridgesii x 2 packs
Short spine peru x blue peru x 2 packs
Blue pach x brigessi
Pacharu x brigessi

20230331_124549.jpg (3,752kb) downloaded 83 time(s).

«PREV89101112NEXT