We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Greetings from Queensland Options

Glennza
#1 Posted : 3/30/2023 4:28:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Just starting on this path and wanted to say hello. I'm in Queensland, a bit north of the Sunshine Coast. I'm going to try spotting potential Acacias in the area (without the intention of damaging them!). In the longer term, I intend to plant some Psychotria viridis seeds. Hopefully I can get them to grow.

The extraction process seems a bit daunting but I'm sure everything I need to know is here.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

wattlez
#2 Posted : 3/30/2023 8:31:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome! Definitely plant things! Acacias are very easy to care for and in your climate, you won't have many issues.

For planting wattles/acacias, just use perlite, some native potting mix, coco coir and river sand. The ratios aren't too important I have found, mainly sand/potting mix is good, with a bed of coir at the bottom to retain some moisture for the plant in its potted stage. You've gotta soak the seeds in boiling water for 24-48 hours (Just boil the water once, it doesn't need to stay hot) and then plant. Keeping them warm during the seed stage after planting is the best way to get a high percentage to sprout.

I <3 WATTLEZ

Glennza
#3 Posted : 3/31/2023 3:17:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Would Acuminata be the best option?

wattlez
#4 Posted : 3/31/2023 8:58:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd say so in terms of reliability.

Floribunda is something a few on the nexus are trying to break down into subspecies (Acacian has started a thread on that) to identify the active varieties.

Acuminata grows slower but has a higher yield and are known to be far more consistent with yields than floribunda and other varieties.

I would recommend you start with acuminata and if you want a challenge, you can try with floribundas and contribute to one of the many Nexus research projects!
I <3 WATTLEZ

Glennza
#5 Posted : 4/1/2023 2:19:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Very useful. Thank you!

Pandora
#6 Posted : 4/4/2023 3:22:45 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Glennza,

Welcome to the Nexus. You will find many like minded people here interested in the horticulture of enthobotanicals.

Have you tried many enthogens in particular ayahuasca or DMT yet? If so may I assume you had a good experience given that you're now interested in working with the plants?

Don't let the extraction TEKs intimidate you. I know there's a lot of information there but many of them are very straightforward and if you can soberly follow directions you can do it. I like to embrace a carpenter's attitude. I read TEKs over at least 3 times before I even think about trying one. I try to find answers to my questions in advance. And then I proceed by starting a small ( Most TEKs can quite simply be scaled down with ease. If it calls for a 100 gram extraction and you want to try it with 25 grams then just use 1/4 of the called for ingredients) one as a test and working slowly and with mindfulness.

It's a shame I can't embrace a similar attitude for dinners that I've cooked for over 50 years because I find when I do extractions I have never once had any sort of accident or a problem but when I make dinner I'm frequently cutting and burning myself. Razz

Regardless I do want to warmly welcome you and look forward to seeing you around and hope that you will share pictures of your garden as it develops.

-Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU