We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Colorimetric test results (Marquis, Mecke, Ehrlich, etc) for different alkaloids Options

merkin
#41 Posted : 12/7/2022 10:22:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not going to claim the highest quality ingredients but a decent reference, especially to confirm the zinc reduction actually changed things Smile
merkin attached the following image(s):
reagent.png (2,048kb) downloaded 180 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

_Trip_
#42 Posted : 12/7/2022 11:16:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cheers Merkin that's an awesome reference.
My Marquis reaction was not that green bit more on the light yellowy brown side, I went the magnesium reduction route and had a few issues, so this has me thinking i didn't quite get the complete reaction. Although the THH roba reaction was very different than the harmaline for me.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

merkin
#43 Posted : 12/8/2022 5:50:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
[quote=_Trip_]As cielo is popular now I just wanted to add mescaline citrate. Similar to changes Mesc HCL.

I love the Marquis color. Dancesafe folks have commented on how clean/strong it is when testing CIELO xtals Smile

Yup, its a pleasure to see, almost instantaneous and such a clean, vibrant orange.

IMG_1293.jpg (174kb) downloaded 152 time(s).

Loveall
#44 Posted : 12/8/2022 12:47:45 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

merkin wrote:
Loveall wrote:
_Trip_ wrote:
As cielo is popular now I just wanted to add mescaline citrate. Similar to changes Mesc HCL.

I love the Marquis color. Dancesafe folks have commented on how clean/strong it is when testing CIELO xtals Smile

Yup, its a pleasure to see, almost instantaneous and such a clean, vibrant orange.

I've updated the CIELO TEK with this image (800x600 pixel crop to fit on the wiki page). It is beautiful. Looks like a fire.

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

_Trip_
#45 Posted : 3/29/2023 8:03:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

merkin wrote:
Not going to claim the highest quality ingredients but a decent reference, especially to confirm the zinc reduction actually changed things Smile

Markin does the THH/ Marquis eventually go from green to brown after 5-10 mins?

merkin
#46 Posted : 3/29/2023 9:59:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi _Trip_ - I wasn't sure so I did a test - so yes, it eventually heads into the yellow-brown zone then almost all brown/darkbrown.

This is the progression roughly:

*Disclaimer - sample of home-made THH by an untrained 'chemist' Smile
thh_marquis.jpg (101kb) downloaded 85 time(s).

_Trip_
#47 Posted : 3/29/2023 10:28:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome, I just did a zinc reduction and had the same results. Thanks Merkin.

merkin
#48 Posted : 4/9/2023 12:51:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
Awesome, I just did a zinc reduction and had the same results. Thanks Merkin.

Interesting observation about this:

I bought some THH from Liftmode (I hope I am able to say that? THH is US legal, right?) and I tested it with Marquis as well. The same result.

I was always curious about the yellow component which I get every time. I chalked it up to the fact that my tek and experience in these things was on the beginner/inexperienced side and there was some unreacted harmaline/harmine causing that. I was quite surprised to see almost exactly the same result with their THH. So the yellow component of this seems to definitely be a feature?

I remember reading on nexus that marquis test for THH was green. So more accurately it is yellow + green (+ brown) - the latter the color it eventually becomes with time - and most likely the mixing of the green and yellow.

The other interesting thing was that the color of the Liftmode THH was on the pinky/orange side. I remember one time getting an almost pink result from one of my own zinc conversions. Normally I get a whitish result (much more white than the harmaline). I posted about that somewhere. This gives me a little more confidence that I am not THAT much of a kemikal klutz Smile

thh.jpg (818kb) downloaded 69 time(s).

_Trip_
#49 Posted : 4/10/2023 6:44:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for testing Merkin these results are Identical to mine, makes you think homemade THH via zinc really gets a high conversion rate. I definitely had the yellow with the green initially before turning to brown. Thanks again for posting the commercial bought THH makes me feel better about stacking my THH with some harmala.

Zalkonian
#50 Posted : 11/20/2023 8:01:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What colors would be produced when using Marquis, Mecke, Ehrlich and Hoffman reagents on DMT salts such as DMT acetate (extracting using vinegar)?

downwardsfromzero
#51 Posted : 11/21/2023 12:27:04 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Zalkonian wrote:
What colors would be produced when using Marquis, Mecke, Ehrlich and Hoffman reagents on DMT salts such as DMT acetate (extracting using vinegar)?

First post of this thread:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=278350#post278350
Acetate anion should not affect the results. More complex organic anions will only interfere with a given reagent if the contain a relevant functional group.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PREV123