We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Have you ever tried DXM with Antidepressant? Options

goodone22
#1 Posted : 3/28/2023 6:55:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

couple years ago i was using antidepressant by prescription and i started to use recreationaly high doses of dextrometorphan and i didn't know much about it but it felt such a good heaven like feelings and after two months of usage i put it away for medical reasons. after that everytime i used dex it was gross and more like a bad trip.i guess the reason is behind antidepressant usage.
i don't remember exactly which antidepressant i was using at that time but it was one of these:quetiapine,citalopram,S-citalopram.
but important to mention:there is some deaths from using antidepressant and dxm together.
its called serotonin syndrome and i've heard its so gross and feels so bad.so if things go wrong all the good things we should get from dex+antidep will feels so bad.

i am afraid if i do it in a bad way so i never used dxm with antidepressant again.but i guess it can amplify good effects of dxm's high a lot.
anyone any related experience?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Frisk911
#2 Posted : 3/28/2023 7:34:57 PM

Just remember ALL CAPS when you spell the man name.

As someone with a lot of experience with DXM, I want to warn you that taking DXM with MAOIs or SSRIs can be very dangerous and even deadly due to the high risk of serotonin syndrome. I see that you've already noted this, but it's important to emphasize how serious this is. The uncomfortable feeling you get from DXM is normal, but if you want to enhance the effects, smoking weed is a safer option.

It's crucial to be aware of DXM's drug interactions and negative effects on your health. While dissociative compounds like DXM can be interesting, their safety profile is generally not very good. Your health should always come first, so please take care of yourself and stay safe.

Sending you lots of love and hoping that this information helps.

goodone22
#3 Posted : 3/28/2023 9:26:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Frisk911 wrote:
As someone with a lot of experience with DXM, I want to warn you that taking DXM with MAOIs or SSRIs can be very dangerous and even deadly due to the high risk of serotonin syndrome. I see that you've already noted this, but it's important to emphasize how serious this is. The uncomfortable feeling you get from DXM is normal, but if you want to enhance the effects, smoking weed is a safer option.

It's crucial to be aware of DXM's drug interactions and negative effects on your health. While dissociative compounds like DXM can be interesting, their safety profile is generally not very good. Your health should always come first, so please take care of yourself and stay safe.

Sending you lots of love and hoping that this information helps.

thankyou for your suggestion but i always had bad reaction to marijuana i don't like it.it makes me paranoid and irrational with no positive effect.
i guess maybe low doses of antidepressants can't make such dangerous things?
that boy who overdoses on dex+antidep was using effexor(venlafaxine)
maybe other antideps are more safe?

Frisk911
#4 Posted : 3/28/2023 9:30:33 PM

goodone22 wrote:

thankyou for your suggestion but i always had bad reaction to marijuana i don't like it.it makes me paranoid and irrational with no positive effect.

You should avoid all of them if you want to do DXM. Combining DXM with antidepressants, including low doses, can still be very dangerous and should be avoided. I understand that you have had negative experiences with marijuana and I respect your decision not to use it. However, I still strongly advise against mixing DXM with any MAOIs or SSRIs, as the risk of serotonin syndrome is very high and can be life-threatening. Ultimately, your health and safety should be your top priority. Please take care of yourself and make informed decisions when it comes to your health. I would not risk it on any amount of antidepressants, Your life is worth more than a high.

Much love <3

goodone22
#5 Posted : 3/28/2023 10:49:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Frisk911 wrote:
goodone22 wrote:

You should avoid all of them if you want to do DXM. Combining DXM with antidepressants, including low doses, can still be very dangerous and should be avoided. I understand that you have had negative experiences with marijuana and I respect your decision not to use it. However, I still strongly advise against mixing DXM with any MAOIs or SSRIs, as the risk of serotonin syndrome is very high and can be life-threatening. Ultimately, your health and safety should be your top priority. Please take care of yourself and make informed decisions when it comes to your health. I would not risk it on any amount of antidepressants, Your life is worth more than a high.

Much love <3

ok understood,
final question,are you saying these by something more than normal perception?do you know something special that made you warn me?

Frisk911
#6 Posted : 3/28/2023 11:47:50 PM

goodone22 wrote:

ok understood,
final question,are you saying these by something more than normal perception?do you know something special that made you warn me?

I study alot and used to use DXM and other much stronger dissociatives, Im currently prescribed ketamine for my depression. So im pretty familiarize with these compounds. The potential risks of combining DXM with antidepressants, including the risk of serotonin syndrome, are well documented and widely recognized in the medical community. It's important to always consider the potential risks and make informed decisions when it comes to your health and wellbeing. DXM just dose not mix well with other compounds.

I felt the desire to warn you because I have done more dissociatives than id like to admit. I had a real problem with it. They can be very addictive and harmful.

Much love. Please reach out to me if you feel like you need to talk.

Much love.

goodone22
#7 Posted : 3/29/2023 12:51:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Frisk911 wrote:
goodone22 wrote:

ok understood,

I study alot and used to use DXM and other much stronger dissociatives, Im currently prescribed ketamine for my depression. So im pretty familiarize with these compounds. The potential risks of combining DXM with antidepressants, including the risk of serotonin syndrome, are well documented and widely recognized in the medical community. It's important to always consider the potential risks and make informed decisions when it comes to your health and wellbeing. DXM just dose not mix well with other compounds.

I felt the desire to warn you because I have done more dissociatives than id like to admit. I had a real problem with it. They can be very addictive and harmful.

Much love. Please reach out to me if you feel like you need to talk.

Much love.

aha...
i just guessed because i saw that magic star on your profile and you don't have lots of posts yet so i guessed maybe there is somethnig special that made you come to tell me.
thanks

Frisk911
#8 Posted : 3/29/2023 1:28:05 AM

Quote:
aha...
i just guessed because i saw that magic star on your profile and you don't have lots of posts yet so i guessed maybe there is somethnig special that made you come to tell me.
thanks

Id say something special did bring me here to talk with you, You have a desire to learn and Iv been down that road so i empathize with it. I saw your post and immediately got worried about your safety and well being. Depression is hard and lonely. I wanted to make sure you where safe, And aware that there are people who care about you and want the best for you. Even if im just words on a screen to you, There is a soul behind these words. I just want the best for you and everyone else. Smile

Much love goodone22

If you need anything or want to talk more I'm normally in chat. <3

goodone22
#9 Posted : 3/29/2023 1:51:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Frisk911 wrote:
Quote:
aha...
thanks

Id say something special did bring me here to talk with you, You have a desire to learn and Iv been down that road so i empathize with it. I saw your post and immediately got worried about your safety and well being. Depression is hard and lonely. I wanted to make sure you where safe, And aware that there are people who care about you and want the best for you. Even if im just words on a screen to you, There is a soul behind these words. I just want the best for you and everyone else. Smile

Much love goodone22

i guess you took my words in an emotional aspect,thanks but i was thinking in a mysterious aspect i thought you saw something from your trips.i always had this kind of thoughts that some shaman like or mysterious person tells me about my future on the internet.so i always think if i am talking to someone with mysterious knowledge or not.

Frisk911
#10 Posted : 3/29/2023 1:59:42 AM

goodone22 wrote:
Frisk911 wrote:
Quote:
aha...
thanks

Much love goodone22

i guess you took my words in an emotional aspect,thanks but i was thinking in a mysterious aspect i thought you saw something from your trips.i always had this kind of thoughts that some shaman like or mysterious person tells me about my future on the internet.so i always think if i am talking to someone with mysterious knowledge or not.

That could be the case, But I wouldn't know, I'm just a simple Jewish man, I do have alot of "mysterious knowledge" but its all related to Judaism, I spend most of my trips reading from the Torah or studying Tanya, If you think Im here for you, It could be the case. I don't know G-ds plans. I just act as a vessel for Him. So it could be.

Just be careful Smile You made me smile.

Much love <3

Toshido
#11 Posted : 3/29/2023 4:41:06 PM

Research & Development

The interaction notes should be added to the known substance interaction wiki.

Simple answer is no, do not do it, it is not worth the risk.

Your antidepressant (especially if it's an SSRI) not only causes your body to process Dextromethorphan more slowly but BOTH medicines can increase the level of serotonin in your body. I.e. Serotonin Syndrome I.e. You could die.

I think there are some weaker antidepressants like Bupropion that aren't as dangerous to mix, but my advice is that it is simply not worth the experimentation as harm reduction plays a large part here at the Nexus.
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌