We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What is the name of that famous hallucination dilemma?? Options

goodone22
#1 Posted : 3/28/2023 1:39:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i've seen it here before in dmtnexus some people talking about it,suddenly today i felt that i should remember its name,its gonna help me someday.so i searched the whole internet couple time.its been around 6 hours of searching in google,duckduckgo and wikipedia and dmtnexus and nothing found yet.so i came to ask here and i hope this topic can help other people to find it.
it was about that moment when someone doubts reality and asks himself whether he should believe all hallucinations or doubt and disbelieve reality.
it had an italian or french name i guess and was created by a novelist.i remember reading a wikipedia page about it.
if anyone knows the name please write it here.i appreciate
ANSWER: Chapel Perilous

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Muskogee Herbman
#2 Posted : 3/28/2023 3:21:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

do you mean Deja Vu? It kinda refers to having the feeling that you've been somewhere or experienced something before, even if you haven't.
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

goodone22
#3 Posted : 3/28/2023 3:36:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Muskogee Herbman wrote:
do you mean Deja Vu? It kinda refers to having the feeling that you've been somewhere or experienced something before, even if you haven't.

no it's not deja vu...deja vu is about memory,but that dilemma is about seeing hallucinations or magical happenings which makes the observer to start questioning about everything and then result in a moment to choose between reality or illusion .

Exitwound
#4 Posted : 3/28/2023 4:05:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe
#5 Posted : 3/28/2023 1:22:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried asking ChatGPT your question and here's the answer:

Based on your description, it sounds like you might be thinking of "The Malady of Death" by Marguerite Duras. This novella explores the themes of love, identity, and reality through the relationship between a man and a woman, with the woman struggling to understand and accept the man's inability to connect emotionally.

In the story, the woman experiences a sense of disconnection from reality and questions the validity of her own perceptions, leading her to question the nature of reality itself. The novella has been translated into multiple languages, including Italian and French, and has been the subject of academic analysis and discussion.

I hope this information helps you find what you were looking for!

--

Hello! I believe the term you are looking for is "le syndrome de Capgras" or "Capgras syndrome." It is a rare psychiatric disorder in which a person believes that their loved ones have been replaced by imposters or doubles, leading them to doubt the reality of their own perceptions. The syndrome is named after Joseph Capgras, a French psychiatrist who first described it in 1923. I hope this helps!

--

Hello! I'd be happy to help you with your search. The phenomenon you are referring to is known as "solipsism syndrome," which is a philosophical idea that suggests that one's own mind is the only thing that can be known or verified to exist. It is often associated with the feeling of uncertainty or doubt about the nature of reality and the validity of one's own perceptions.

However, based on your description, it sounds like you may be thinking of a specific work of fiction or philosophy that explores this concept. Unfortunately, without more specific details, it is difficult for me to identify the exact work you are referring to.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

goodone22
#6 Posted : 3/28/2023 4:38:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Exitwound wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_cave

This one?

Tomtegubbe wrote:
I tried asking ChatGPT your ques

no and thankyou for your effort,it had an italian or french name and it was about a man in a jungle i guess.i think other old members might know it.

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 3/28/2023 5:24:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Are you thinking of Merleau-Ponty and Hallucination?

Or jamais vu?

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

goodone22
#8 Posted : 3/28/2023 6:34:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:

Or jamais vu?

One love

no jamais vu is a subtype of dejavu and merlau ponty i didn't found anything on his wiki page about hallucination ,i wanted to ask you by private message...good to see you here again.

it was a sentimental moment like existential crisis but for hallucinations,illusions and delusions.

Voidmatrix
#9 Posted : 3/28/2023 6:52:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

goodone22 wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

Or jamais vu?

One love

no jamais vu is a subtype of dejavu and merlau ponty i didn't found anything on his wiki page about hallucination ,i wanted to ask you by private message...good to see you here again.

it was a sentimental moment like existential crisis but for hallucinations,illusions and delusions.

It was a long shot, but thought it was worth a try Laughing

It's good to see you my friend. Hope all has been well.

Love

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Tomtegubbe
#10 Posted : 3/28/2023 7:11:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

goodone22 wrote:

I don't know if there's a term for it, but this is an interesting topic. I remember that Carl Jung went through something like this, and this is how shamanic initiation is sometimes described. Also, the dark night of the soul comes into my mind, but that is not associated with visionary states usually.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Exitwound
#11 Posted : 3/28/2023 11:10:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chapel Perilous?

but I take it as a period in life, not a moment.

goodone22
#12 Posted : 3/29/2023 1:11:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Exitwound wrote:
Chapel Perilous?

but I take it as a period in life, not a moment.

YESSS...thats it
its actually a Latin name not french or italian.
wikipedia page chapel perilous
why it hasn't get much attention?there are 2 other wiki pages with similar names but its unrelated and about movie and a book.
i remember last time i visited its wiki page it was a black-white picture.
i think they should add more description about chapel perilous

Jin
#13 Posted : 3/29/2023 9:52:47 PM

yes

On my second LSd trip about 20 years back I was all alone and entered a fantastic world of hallucinations and after coming back all i kept asking myself is which world is real this one or that one, eventually I concluded both worlds are real and have their place in my life
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

PsyloCiBeen
#14 Posted : 3/30/2023 1:10:09 AM

In Silence I Been

Fascinating concept, thanks goodone22 and Exitwound. I like Antero Alli's view of it as a rite of passage and it becomes an extremely significant event.
mama matrix most mysterious

In the gforce of the carrier wave when my ego starts melting away I truly realize that I am who I am and yet everything that I say and say I did is an illusion. Any similarities in any name, form or experiences to a human being (past, present or future) is purely coincidental and no harm was intended first do harmalas

downwardsfromzero
#15 Posted : 3/30/2023 2:16:14 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Let's take a moment or three to remember Robert Anton Wilson, in whose book, "Cosmic Trigger - Final Secret of the Illuminati" I first encountered the term "chapel perilous". RAW RIP.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Exitwound
#16 Posted : 3/30/2023 5:05:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Let's take a moment or three to remember Robert Anton Wilson, in whose book, "Cosmic Trigger - Final Secret of the Illuminati" I first encountered the term "chapel perilous". RAW RIP.

Great book and great mind, RIP.