We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV176177178179180NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

Homo Trypens
#3541 Posted : 3/25/2023 2:48:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Adding more citric isn't a bad idea - just don't add so much that it can't fully dissolve. If in doubt, saturate some fresh EA with citric and add that.

Other than that, i think it can sometimes happen that it takes more time. I wouldn't be surprised if crystals would start to appear in a few more days.
I'm not sure why, maybe something to do with nucleation sites - if so, adding a few mesc citrate seed crystals or making a few scratches in the glass might help?

Note that i've only done CIELO a few times and while i did get crystals (except the first time where i got goo), i'm far from understanding all the ins and outs of it.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

spaghett248
#3542 Posted : 3/25/2023 6:12:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you friend, I will give those suggestions an attempt and see what happens

spaghett248
#3543 Posted : 3/26/2023 8:44:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

No luck so far increasing the amount of citric acid unfortunately Sad

spaghett248
#3544 Posted : 3/28/2023 11:35:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know how long cactus powder is "good" for? Im wondering if maybe my powder has "expired" and that is why I am not able to get xtals to form.

Thoughts?

downwardsfromzero
#3545 Posted : 3/29/2023 4:49:31 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

spaghett248 wrote:
Does anyone know how long cactus powder is "good" for? Im wondering if maybe my powder has "expired" and that is why I am not able to get xtals to form.

Thoughts?

Mescaline itself should be stable indefinitely, decay of carbon-14 and the occasional cosmic ray notwithstanding. Speculatively, the cellular matrix itself may slow down release of the actives if it has somehow oxidised and/or hardened but giving sufficient time for the lime paste to break it down should take care of this.

Are you absolutely sure this is the exact same batch you've had success with using limonene as the solvent? and how thoroughly did you mix the cactus dough with the EtOAc? Come to mention it, is it definitely pure ethyl acetate for that matter? What does the label/SDS say?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

spaghett248
#3546 Posted : 3/30/2023 5:35:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for your help!

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Are you absolutely sure this is the exact same batch you've had success with using limonene as the solvent?

Yup, I've tried two different batches that had both worked with 69ron tek a few years ago.

downwardsfromzero wrote:

how thoroughly did you mix the cactus dough with the EtOAc?

Thoroughly for 8 minutes to a playdough like consistency. https://i.imgur.com/ydwDxjl.jpeg

downwardsfromzero wrote:

Come to mention it, is it definitely pure ethyl acetate for that matter? What does the label/SDS say?

https://production-s3.wm...co_MEK_Substitute_EN.pdf says 100% ethyl acetate

downwardsfromzero
#3547 Posted : 4/1/2023 4:49:20 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Hmm, puzzling. If you still have the paste it would be worth trying a few more pulls. IMLE older cactus powder benefitted from being left to soak for a longer time with the lime paste.

Quote:
Thoroughly for 8 minutes to a playdough like consistency
For one pull, you mixed for 8 minutes with the ethyl acetate [EtOAc]? Or you mixed the cactus and water? And how fine was the cactus powder - like flour, or more like oatmeal?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

spaghett248
#3548 Posted : 4/1/2023 6:19:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
For one pull, you mixed for 8 minutes with the ethyl acetate [EtOAc]? Or you mixed the cactus and water?

No sorry. I mixed the lime and water, then added the cactus powder and mixed that for 8 minutes to form the paste pictured above.

After that I put the paste in a french press, poured the measured amount of ethyl acetate in, and mixed for 1 minute. Then rested it for 2 minutes, then drained out the ethyl acetate into collection jar. Then repeated these steps 5 more times.

downwardsfromzero wrote:
And how fine was the cactus powder - like flour, or more like oatmeal?

Super fine like flour, just pouring it out makes little clouds in the air

abecedarian
#3549 Posted : 4/1/2023 6:24:42 PM

∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ęRhe✟ori© ABe©eDarian $✞ȉllĨn✞hę©®@✟ę

^ Wear a dust mask! Very happy
I'm a man from a place with hands and a face. Part of the heart of the human race. It illuminates. ∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ę®ȉ©

downwardsfromzero
#3550 Posted : 4/1/2023 10:09:56 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Well spaghett248, it sounds like that wasn't where the problem lies! What about this:
The wiki, CIELO wrote:
The extract needs to be clear, particle free, and without water droplets or a water layer for the crystallization process to happen reliably
? [Trying to work this out step by step...]

Did you take any pics of the pulls immediately before adding the citric acid?

spaghett248
#3551 Posted : 4/2/2023 1:42:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
The wiki, CIELO wrote:
The extract needs to be clear, particle free, and without water droplets or a water layer for the crystallization process to happen reliably

https://i.imgur.com/V54kN0B.jpeg

not the greatest of pictures, sorry

Loveall
#3552 Posted : 4/3/2023 10:40:43 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

spaghett248 wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
The wiki, CIELO wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/V54kN0B.jpeg

not the greatest of pictures, sorry

I don't understand why you are having difficulty either. On the picture there seems to be some white sediment in the bottom right, or is that a reflection?

You mentioned clouds after adding citric acid. What happens to the clouds after they settle? There is not even goo?

Have you tested the result from limonene with a bioassay? How where the effects?
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Loveall
#3553 Posted : 4/3/2023 4:03:48 PM

❤️‍🔥

spaghett248, also, what amounts did you use in your attempts (powder, water, lime, EA, citric acid).

spaghett248
#3554 Posted : 4/4/2023 2:18:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you everyone for your help

Loveall wrote:
I don't understand why you are having difficulty either. On the picture there seems to be some white sediment in the bottom right, or is that a reflection?

I believe that is just refraction of the glass and the white sheet of paper underneath. It appeared crystal clear and homogeneous as I shined a flashlight through it at various angles. I tried to make sure and decant and filter thoroughly after the fridge rest step to avoid any droplets/sediment.

Loveall wrote:
You mentioned clouds after adding citric acid. What happens to the clouds after they settle? There is not even goo?

The cloudiness just kind of faded away/settled down but nothing formed. It takes some time for the citric to dissolve via diffusion as well since I dont stir it in.

As some time has passed since the attempts (they have been sitting undisturbed for a few weeks now) the color has definitely changed from an emerald green as shown before to a sad green with slightly brown-ish tint to it.

Loveall wrote:
spaghett248, also, what amounts did you use in your attempts (powder, water, lime, EA, citric acid).

10g powder
2.5g lime
25mL distilled water

92mL(82.9g) EA total:
22mL(19.8g) for pull #1 which basically all gets absorbed (except a few ml)
14mL(12.6g) for pulls #2-6

I usually end up with about 60-70ml after the 6 pulls even though I start with 92.

0.5g citric acid (have tried both anhydrous and monohydrate, havent tried fumaric yet)

Loveall wrote:
Have you tested the result from limonene with a bioassay? How where the effects?

I consumed it and it was amazing and wonderful stuff. Did not test with reagents unfortunately.

Loveall
#3555 Posted : 4/4/2023 4:27:30 AM

❤️‍🔥

That all looks good, should have worked.

Did you see droplets being left behind after the fridge rest?

What brand of lime and EA are you using?

There are no plastics that could dissolve in EA being used, right?

Did you check the solvent with pH strips? Did it go from basic to acid after salting?

I've never heard of clouds setting to nothing. That is weird.

I've only seen the color change you describe when washing with water. That makes me think of another question: was the salted EA sealed after salting? It should be.

spaghett248
#3556 Posted : 4/4/2023 4:54:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Did you see droplets being left behind after the fridge rest?

Yep, maybe a few ml of water and then I decanted those out after the 24 hour fridge rest.

Loveall wrote:
What brand of lime and EA are you using?

Jasco EA & Mrs Wages pickling lime

Loveall wrote:
There are no plastics that could dissolve in EA being used, right?

glass/metal only

Loveall wrote:
Did you check the solvent with pH strips? Did it go from basic to acid after salting?

Yes, and it registered a smidge below neutral ph after salting with the amount of acid given in the tek. (0.5g per 10g powder)

Should it be registering super acidic after salting? I will take picture of the ph strip after salting on my next attempt.

Loveall wrote:
I've only seen the color change you describe when washing with water. That makes me think of another question: was the salted EA sealed after salting? It should be.

One run was sealed and the other was not, but both have turned brown over time. I will definitely make sure to seal any further attempts after salting in the future though. Good to know! It is just so hard to decant out of jars with no spout.

Loveall
#3557 Posted : 4/4/2023 2:33:14 PM

❤️‍🔥

With the pH solvent check, did you check before salting? It should be basic.

Also, when you say "Jasco EA" you mean "Jasko M.E.K. substitute", right?
Loveall attached the following image(s):
c5756982-d281-4496-9bd0-aa538c2ac79c.jpg (1,033kb) downloaded 78 time(s).

spaghett248
#3558 Posted : 4/5/2023 2:05:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:

Yes that is exactly what Ive got. i checcked the msds before I got it to make sure it was 100% ea

Loveall
#3559 Posted : 4/5/2023 6:55:03 AM

❤️‍🔥

spaghett248 wrote:
Loveall wrote:

Yes that is exactly what Ive got. i checcked the msds before I got it to make sure it was 100% ea

Ok, everything is checking out. What about the pH strips before salting, how did that look?

spaghett248
#3560 Posted : 4/6/2023 3:12:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Ok, everything is checking out. What about the pH strips before salting, how did that look?

Just using paper ph strips so hard to give super accurate numbers, but Id say before salting it was reading between 8-9, and after salting around 6

«PREV176177178179180NEXT»