We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
Why did you choose your name? Options

Toshido
#61 Posted : 3/23/2023 5:32:05 PM

Research & Development

abecedarian wrote:

abecedarian
[ ey-bee-see-dair-ee-uhn ]

Maybe my primordial brain is failing me, but what does the "Darian" mean?

Makes me think of that exotic fruit, the Durian. But I certainly wouldn't associate you with something so stinky and rancid!
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

fink
#62 Posted : 3/23/2023 6:18:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I fink, therefore I am - Descartes
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

dragonrider
#63 Posted : 3/23/2023 8:04:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've always had a fascination for dragons.
And then my first psychedelic experience, was with an LSD blotter with a dragon on it.

It was that one behind bart simpson on this picture.

You could say that my first encounter with psychedelics was love at first sight.
It changed the course of my life.

I took the dragon, or the dragon took me.

Anyway, i still see psychedelics a bit as dragons. Dragons are beautiful, but they can be frightening. They are powerfull things that are feared, admired, and surrounded with myths.
dragonrider attached the following image(s):
lsd-blotters-BAC8AX.jpg (290kb) downloaded 253 time(s).

Homo Trypens
#64 Posted : 3/23/2023 9:15:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

widderic wrote:
Homo Trypens wrote:

What i didn't expect though was that many would read trypens as "try pens". In my head (where the default language is german), it's pronounced "trippehns".

Guilty as charged! Now I know!

Haha, no worries! It was just surprising to me, nothing to feel guilty for.

PsyloCiBeen wrote:
I love this thread and thanks for the bump dwfz for us newer members to add to (of course Im not that new, but I was really overjoyed to get full membership status, it was one of the highlights of my year that year even though it was in the midst of the pandemic), so awesome to learn about many of your cool names.

I wholeheartedly agree, a wonderful thread. And of course, wonderful people <3

MAGMA17
#65 Posted : 3/23/2023 10:15:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For mine, it's simply the name of one of my favorite bands, + my favorite number Embarrased Laughing

Magma

CloudyDays
#66 Posted : 3/24/2023 4:36:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I love this thread!

While thinking of a name I gazed out the window and thought, 'hmm, a cloudy day.' I went with that. Since then, the name has grown on me. It symbolizes fully appreciating life, even the cloudy days.

Jin
#67 Posted : 3/24/2023 8:11:03 AM

yes

My name is from a video game called tekken, and this is the player I choose everytime and beat the hell out of my friends who played this game
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

brokedownpalace10
#68 Posted : 3/24/2023 8:19:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Mine's a no-brainer for anyone familiar with the Grateful Dead.

That particular song has taken new meaning at every stage of my life.
Leaving home as a teenager, taking new meanings right up through my mom's death, becoming mom's song. Funny, since Jerry wrote the music as his mom was passing.

And now, it's my song as well.

Syragote
#69 Posted : 3/24/2023 2:37:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Syracuse + Zygote, for no reason at all.

Toshido
#70 Posted : 3/24/2023 4:38:11 PM

Research & Development

dragonrider wrote:
Anyway, i still see psychedelics a bit as dragons. Dragons are beautiful, but they can be frightening. They are powerfull things that are feared, admired, and surrounded with myths.

This is too cool... and you're so right! What a wonderful analogy. I definitely share the same animosity (hope, fear, wonder, joy, sadness etc) with psychedelics as I would with dragons.

fink wrote:
I fink, therefore I am - Descartes

Hahaha this is great.

CloudyDays wrote:
While thinking of a name I gazed out the window and thought, 'hmm, a cloudy day.' I went with that. Since then, the name has grown on me. It symbolizes fully appreciating life, even the cloudy days.

I love stuff like this too haha... what a great way to think of a name... and now I'll remember that from now on.

I agree with your optimism btw. I quite like the bad days that I'm having, as they help to put into perspective and allow you to appreciate the days that are good. It's why so often you hear of rich and famous people having breakdowns. They're so used to having it good, that when an average bad day comes their way it's the end of the world.
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Koduckushi
#71 Posted : 4/2/2023 7:04:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Location: Floating down a river headed toward the Temple of the Mind.
I loved reading through this thread and learning how someone picked a new name that resonates with them.

As for me; Kodokushi is a Japanese word describing a phenomena wherein (typically elderly) hermits are found dead in their homes long after their passing. Either due to isolation or simply being forgotten. I smashed duck in the middle as it was an older nickname given to me. After my first significant dmt experience, I donned the moniker as a promise to avoid such a fate.

braindrops
#72 Posted : 4/4/2023 10:58:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was listening to a lot of TFS around the time I signed up here, and when I was thinking of a username I had the song braindrops playing, so I went with that

Madhattress
#73 Posted : 4/5/2023 8:29:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used the name Madhattress because I have this beautiful leather top hat I have had for the last 7 years that is decorated with all sorts of wonderful things.

I go to quite a few Psychedelic trance festivals every year as it is some of my favourite music and I always wear my special Tophat when i am on psychedelic adventures. I always say it helps keeps my thoughts intact and the weight of it is somehow comforting to me when I am tripping.Laughing It is a very special tophat and one of my most sentimental and favourite things I own Smile

Madhattress attached the following image(s):
20230405_092051 (1).jpg (2,512kb) downloaded 136 time(s).
“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

DancinDog
#74 Posted : 6/28/2023 12:44:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When I registered I'd recently had a silly joke float through my head.

Q: Why can't dogs dance?
A: Because they have two left feet.

I've had dogs most of my life. At the time, we had 3 dogs. Two 15+ year old mutts and a young little Shih Tzu lapdog. They were all quite needy. I loved them, but it was a bit of "dog overload".

So, for a name here, I wanted something fun and happy. There's also the Dog spelled in reverse is God, so there's the DMT spiritual inference. The spiritual dance.

pantostao
#75 Posted : 6/28/2023 12:07:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My username was chosen nearly at random. Pan tostado means "toasted bread" in Spanish, and I guess I didn't intend it to stick for long.

I liked dragonrider story: I've always seen beautiful snakes while on psychedelics, I guess I could have used something related to that. Swallowed by the Snake, for example Smile

BTW Madhattress, I think I've seen you and your hat around in some psytrance party, it rings a bell

downwardsfromzero
#76 Posted : 6/29/2023 9:28:54 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Nice to see this thread bumped again!

justB612 wrote:
love the numbe 612 somehow it feels like it includes every other number in itself, b is my name basically, and just stands for nothing more, its just me Smile

612 also the little princes planet so,

_nx is something often seen where i go, if i help a situation and want to be anonymous, i'll drop a b612 or a _nx somewhere there as a mark

Nothing to do with tracking asteroids, at all? https://b612foundation.org/

I'm a teenie, weenie, bit surprised Very happy

(BTW, it's Asteroid Day tomorrow - June 30th - and 115 years since the Tunguska explosion, which was almost certainly a large bolide.)
[And while on the topic, I might as well mention the impressive bolide (not that I saw it) over Germany and Czechia a few days ago - 26th June: ]

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

abecedarian
#77 Posted : 7/1/2023 6:31:12 AM

∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ęRhe✟ori© ABe©eDarian $✞ȉllĨn✞hę©®@✟ę

Toshido wrote:
abecedarian wrote:

abecedarian
[ ey-bee-see-dair-ee-uhn ]

Maybe my primordial brain is failing me, but what does the "Darian" mean?

Makes me think of that exotic fruit, the Durian. But I certainly wouldn't associate you with something so stinky and rancid!

Smile Hmmm. I'm Not Sure. Makes me think of " D.A.R.E. " and " Arian " though. Heheh. You can always just call me Abe as well.

I'm a man from a place with hands and a face. Part of the heart of the human race. It illuminates. ∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ę®ȉ©

Jagube
#78 Posted : 7/1/2023 6:54:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pelo Rei. Sempre junto à Rainha, in the forest and in the jug.

Edit: not to be taken too seriously.

ControlledChaos
#79 Posted : 7/2/2023 1:19:25 PM

Nature is analog, ever flowing and continuous; spontaneous transfers of energy weaving in and out of dimensions, radiating outwards from the source- a non repeating, non terminating system of perpetual energy

First I'd like to say that it was pretty cool reading through this thread. Many of you I actually was wondering how you got your name and it was cool seeing why directly.

In my case, I feel that the universe kind of operates in a controlled chaos. We have many systems in nature which appear to be completely random but have some kind of structure to it despite that, yet that structure often eludes our understanding. Same can be said of the human mind, especially under the psychedelic experience. It seems that you're getting all these images and ideas and associations that are all over the place but really they mean something when taken together. That's where the name comes from.

downwardsfromzero
#80 Posted : 7/3/2023 5:55:18 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Here are some previous name threads:

Why you be called whatchoo be called (what's in a NAME?)
Whats in a name?
What does your User name mean to you? And Why?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

«PREV234