We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dangers of CBD + and HHC Options

M0K0
#1 Posted : 3/22/2023 11:41:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello dear Nexus people, long time no see.
In this post i want to discuss with you the topic of the worldwide growing weed culture and the dangers that emerge from the upcoming CBD+ and HHC markets especially here in Germany where i live.

Im a long term weed smoker who was very dedicated to his addiction and like other people who love there hobby and a as a student of philosophy with a special interest in metaphysics i was always very interested in the different states my mind can achieve or fall into and of course the safety that comes with different substances.

Having a good share of practical and theoretical knowledge i am really shocked about the legally affordable CBD Buds wich are enhanced by different cannabinoids in crazy high percentages witch is legal here in Germany as long there is no thc contained.

The failed drug laws in my country aside i have tested HHC and CBD+ products on my own and i had some really unpleasant experiences with them wich include headaches, dizziness, nausea, bad mood and really unpleasant states of fake "highness".

Im really worried that the growing commercial and capitalistic industries will underestimate or undermine the health risk of this products to their clients.

I wanna ask the reader if he may know people or pink elephants who had similar experience and if someone shares my concern or if i am just allergic to these products.

love is out.
If you smoke it right, you can't hold a pipe.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Pandora
#2 Posted : 3/22/2023 1:01:36 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Thank you for this warning and just in case folks are wondering here is a definition of HHC:

Hexahydrocannabinol is the first semi-synthetic cannabinoid reported in the EU and has been monitored as a NPS by the EU Early Warning System since 21 October 2022. Unlike synthetic cannabinoid receptor agonists found in Spice-type products, HHC can be made from cannabidiol extracted from low-THC cannabis (hemp).
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

ShamensStamen
#3 Posted : 3/22/2023 1:11:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was a daily Cannabis smoker for 10 years (all day everyday) until it started giving me negative side-effects and i had to quit, then i switched to D8 and HHC which i like and i get along fine with, but i do kinda miss the bud, but so far i haven't had any issues with the D8 or HHC, i don't find them particularly harmful or anything.

M0K0
#4 Posted : 3/22/2023 1:51:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You are right, when smoking HHC even if there are no long term test results on the human or animal brain i also had no real problems with these one.
CBD+ are CBD buds are intensified with a variety of synthetic cannabinoids wich are over 120 substances and not just HHC.
So there is an untested, uncountable amount of synthetically intensified CBD buds out there wich all have different combination and percentage of cannabinoids added to them.
They sell it as a THC free healing product but in my opinion they just want to make you high on a legal
way for money purposes and the Combinations of the cannabinoids is not testes or monitored like with HHC.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 4/1/2023 10:24:50 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Missed seeing this earlier on. Synthetic cannabinoids is a huge field, are you saying some of the NPS cannabinoids are being added to CBD bud like back in the days of "Spice" "incense" and similar such products? Stuff like 1-alkylindolecarboxy derivatives and the whole range of JWH-, HU-, and whatever else derivatives, ~FUBINACA and so on? (except, of course, most of those are illegal in many places - including Germany - but not exhaustively so.) Many of those kinds of synthetic cannabinoids are indeed dangerous and unpleasant at excessive doses, and 'excessive' can mean quite a tiny amount.

Wasn't the present German government promising to legalise cannabis? Cos that would appear to be the best way of implementing harm reduction in contrast to this pharmacological mess that prohibition has produced.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dragonrider
#6 Posted : 4/1/2023 10:46:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Missed seeing this earlier on. Synthetic cannabinoids is a huge field, are you saying some of the NPS cannabinoids are being added to CBD bud like back in the days of "Spice" "incense" and similar such products? Stuff like 1-alkylindolecarboxy derivatives and the whole range of JWH-, HU-, and whatever else derivatives, ~FUBINACA and so on? (except, of course, most of those are illegal in many places - including Germany - but not exhaustively so.) Many of those kinds of synthetic cannabinoids are indeed dangerous and unpleasant at excessive doses, and 'excessive' can mean quite a tiny amount.

Wasn't the present German government promising to legalise cannabis? Cos that would appear to be the best way of implementing harm reduction in contrast to this pharmacological mess that prohibition has produced.

Semi-synthetic cannabinoids are indeed being added to buds.
Usually these buds are also marketed and sold as D-8, HHC, etc, buds. Mostly for legal reasons.

I meant semi synthetic in the sense that cannabinoids like HHC or delta-8 also occur naturally in cannabis, but only in very small quantities, and many of these "new cannabinoids" are being made by chemical alteration of other natural cannabinoids.

I remember reading somewhere that some researchers found that these buds often contain significant quantities of the chemicals used to convert the CBD or THC into the desired legal cannabinoids, and are therefore not safe for human consumption.

brokedownpalace10
#7 Posted : 4/2/2023 12:52:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:

Semi-synthetic cannabinoids are indeed being added to buds.
Usually these buds are also marketed and sold as D-8, HHC, etc, buds. Mostly for legal reasons.

I meant semi synthetic in the sense that cannabinoids like HHC or delta-8 also occur naturally in cannabis, but only in very small quantities, and many of these "new cannabinoids" are being made by chemical alteration of other natural cannabinoids.

I remember reading somewhere that some researchers found that these buds often contain significant quantities of the chemicals used to convert the CBD or THC into the desired legal cannabinoids, and are therefore not safe for human consumption.

That's the real danger. Different companies are supposedly variously decent at supplying a pure product without reaction chemicals. Supposedly some are pretty clean, but how would we know. In an unregulated market, there have even been faked COA's (certificates of ananysis).

Going with a good company and checking the COA's is likely fairly safe, but yes, we don't know for sure.

I have yet to read of a full agonist amongst these new THC like products. So the whole "this is a synthetic!!" thing is likely overblown.

However, I don't do any of them anymore except D9 in gummy's are maybe a little THCA. All the others, especially D8, seem to raise tolerance quickly.

This is partially due to products being pure and not having the other natural cannabinoids to a degree.

But also, D8 in particular hits the CB2 receptor harder than the CB1 receptor. Then when a person consumes it, they consume enough to get a high at the CB1 receptor and end up flooding the CB2 receptor.

M0K0
#8 Posted : 4/3/2023 4:17:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my eyes it is highly dangerous and like every time it is all about the money.
They always tell us here in Germany that they will legalize weed but its all promotion to get reelected in my opinion.
Our Drug laws work like a black list and since THC is included in this List it is illegal.
But they infuse the CBD buds with other cannabinoids which are not on the blacklist and there are buds with 40 different molecules on them in different strength and combinations which never have been tested.
This stuff is sold to people under 18 years of age and totally legal, and if you think about it its total madness.
You dont know what you get and you dont know what long term damage you can have.
I personally had very unpleasant experiences with some of these buds and i am actually getting angry
thinking about these shop vendors making a lot of money on the cost of kids...

brokedownpalace10
#9 Posted : 4/4/2023 9:26:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm going to have to play devil's advocate here.
The new "THC like" compounds are indeed untested and unregulated. They may have dangers we don't know about yet. As with an RC, you are the guinea pig.

However, the "synthetic" and even "semi-synthetic" descriptions being thrown about can be counter productive in my opinion.

You can make THC itself fully synthetically and it would be any more dangerous if it was clean.

You can extract Ricin from a plant.

The problem with using the word "synthetic" to scare people is that someone might have tried some of these compounds, not had major issues, and then have a chance to try one of the extremely dangerous full agonists out there. Thinking, "Well, those other synthetics weren't too bad.", they might go ahead.

Whether a compound is synthetic, semi-synthetic, occurs in a plant, or not, says nothing of it's dangers.

I also imagine that it's quite possible that they will eventually come up with another tweaked THC like compound which may even occur in trace quantities in the plant which is a full agonist or has other big, short term, dangers.

M0K0
#10 Posted : 4/6/2023 12:38:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think this is true, there should be no difference if the molecules are synthetic or natural but this is not my point.
What i mean is that these CBD products are infused with untested amounts and combinations of different cannabinoids, which is in my eyes highly dangerous and it is trivial if they are synthetic or not.