We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Scientific Paper on DMT in the brain Options

Pandora
#1 Posted : 3/21/2023 4:20:50 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Interesting paper. I'm no scientist but I looked it over and it pretty much confirms what we all probably already know. Many areas are being stimulated including serotonin 2a and higher imagination areas. Significant effects on brainwaves.

Excellent discussion at the end on how the effect is global all over the brain. Also some strong arguments that psychedelics are the best tool medicine has for studying neurology.

Human brain effects of DMT assessed via EEG-fMRI
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 3/21/2023 6:54:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Imperial College London just completed the first comprehensive brain assessment of individuals on DMT.

Quote:
Volunteers received a high dose of DMT (20mg, given intravenously), while simultaneously undergoing two types of brain imaging: functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and electroencephalography (EEG). The total psychedelic experience lasted about 20 minutes, and at regular intervals, volunteers provided a rating of the subjective intensity of their experience (on a 1 to 10 scale).

The fMRI scans found changes to activity within and between brain regions in volunteers under the influence of DMT. Effects included increased connectivity across the brain, with more communication between different areas and systems. These phenomena, termed ‘network disintegration and desegregation’ and increased ‘global functional connectivity’, align with previous studies with other psychedelics. The changes to activity were most prominent in brain areas linked with ‘higher level’, human-specific functions, such as imagination.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

endlessness
#3 Posted : 3/21/2023 9:45:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing, both of you! I fixed the broken link in your post, Pandora, and merged Voidmatrix´s post here since it was about the same publication, hope that´s alright.

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 3/21/2023 11:34:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

endlessness wrote:
Thanks for sharing, both of you! I fixed the broken link in your post, Pandora, and merged Voidmatrix´s post here since it was about the same publication, hope that´s alright.

My bad. I have a pretty bad flu and didn't notice these were the same.

Adding to the discussion of this study however, the biggest takeaway for Mr was SMOALK MOAR Laughing Twisted Evil

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Pandora
#5 Posted : 3/22/2023 1:03:51 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Thanks for patching everything up gents. I love that the chains are off and researchers now feel like they have a right to delve into the psychedelics.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU