We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How’s it goin’? Options

kirkeng
#1 Posted : 3/18/2023 5:31:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So I guess I’ll introduce myself and let y’all know a bit about myself. Frankly I’m a mushroom guy through and through, worked in some commercial gourmet and medicinal farms through out the years and spend most of my time cultivating and just being with fungi in general. I have an expressed interest in exotic psilocybin mushrooms. Anything outside of cubensis is fair game for me, currently working on some papuana and caerulescens. But enough about mushrooms as that’s not why I’m here so to speak. Of course the nexus has an affinity for dmt and some more chemistry type involvement. Honestly I think dmt and mushrooms are very similar in many respects and the experience of deep mushroom experiences mirrors many of my dmt experiences so the correlation is there to be explored.
Though I have to say I haven’t had dmt in many many years. Though for good reason. See in my younger days I was more frivolous and experimental, and honestly too keen on being high on anything I could get, though psychedelics were the choice most of the time. But eventually things fell aside and life caught up to me. So I made a vow to myself. I would only partake in substances I had a personal hand in either cultivating or making in some way. And so I started growing mushrooms, that was eight years ago. Since then I’ve mainly stuck to mushrooms getting completely enveloped in their being and frankly the exploration of every different species is like trying a whole new substance in itself so variety was never at a loss. Though I’ve found myself wanting to branch out and learn some new skills during the interim of some of my more long term fungal endevours. As such I’ve been working with harmala extractions from rue and caapi, as well as embarking on some mhrb, gifted by a friend, extractions for the first time. Hoping to renew that spark of wonder and relationship with these plants. Slowly collecting various plants to fill my home with. And so that’s what brings me here, trying to engage with a parallel community of enthusiasts, learning about some new plants and developing the relationships with them I should have done all those years ago. Though be aware my language is centered in fungi, as such most of my speech is based in those relationships, though there is always room for more friends.
I’ll leave you with this. There is an interesting unity between mushrooms and dmt. In some ways two dialects to a similar language. I have a tradition, looking to mushrooms as generalized translators of experience into language familiar to my experience, I utilize them to integrate and decompress ayahuasca experiences. Utilizing the remains of brews past steeped we can grow those fungi to absorb that experience and decompose that information, they are observant beings after all. Working with those mushrooms changes them and ushers in that spirit of ayahuasca, for me it contextualizes and clarifies the experience with her into a familiar tone. I’m not claiming anything concrete, rather consider that intention of those rituals. Perhaps there are many more ways to integrate the vast relationships we hold with these plants and fungi. After all many of them already live together out there in the wild.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Pandora
#2 Posted : 3/19/2023 4:04:11 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

kirkeng,

Welcome to the Nexus. Great intro though the wall of text could have used a couple breaks, Very happy.

You sound very much like the typical member here. There are large numbers of Nexians who are hardcore into mushrooms and mushroom cultivation. I think you will enjoy the Mushrooms sub forum very much.

It is great that you will only use entheos/drugs that you were involved in growing or making. One cannot be too careful in these days of poisoned drugs. Wonderful that you are able to grow the plants. Many here who are lucky to live in houses or in areas that get a lot of sun also share that hobby.

Did I understand you correctly? Are you saying you fertilize your mushroom grows with your aya brew leftovers? Interesting idea.

I suspect you will enjoy your time here and make positive contributions to this community.

Again, a warm welcome.

-Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

kirkeng
#3 Posted : 3/21/2023 4:24:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks pandora! Heard on the wall of text… admittedly I’m not conscious of the text presentation. And yes whenever I have ayahuasca I do like to “fertilize” my substrates with the remnants. Obviously not of any concrete effect to the growth of the mushrooms but more of a ritual for integration of sorts I suppose. Something to bring my mind back to the experience in a process I love and do everyday. Similarly materials of interest are included in substrates from travels I may do in the world as a commemoration to the exploration, and in a way I guess the mushrooms can travel with me in that way.

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 3/22/2023 7:22:17 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Hi kirkeng and welcome.

Having squinted a bit and by looking I managed to glean a few bits from your introductory post there and, other than the text style, I love your approach. I have a modicum of experience with a couple of temperate wood-loving species myself although at some point cultivation can become superfluous...

Have you ever used left over herbaceous material from ayahuasca brews as additions to mycoculture substrates? I can imagine that woody vine stems might prove to be a reasonable food source for lignicolous species.

I took the liberty of putting a few extra line-breaks into your OP as quoted here. Some of us are getting on a bit and appreciate all the help we can get in terms of increased legibility Big grin
kirkeng wrote:
So I guess I’ll introduce myself and let y’all know a bit about myself. Frankly I’m a mushroom guy through and through, worked in some commercial gourmet and medicinal farms through out the years and spend most of my time cultivating and just being with fungi in general. I have an expressed interest in exotic psilocybin mushrooms.

Anything outside of cubensis is fair game for me, currently working on some papuana and caerulescens. But enough about mushrooms as that’s not why I’m here so to speak.

Of course the nexus has an affinity for dmt and some more chemistry type involvement. Honestly I think dmt and mushrooms are very similar in many respects and the experience of deep mushroom experiences mirrors many of my dmt experiences so the correlation is there to be explored.

Though I have to say I haven’t had dmt in many many years. Though for good reason. See in my younger days I was more frivolous and experimental, and honestly too keen on being high on anything I could get, though psychedelics were the choice most of the time. But eventually things fell aside and life caught up to me. So I made a vow to myself. I would only partake in substances I had a personal hand in either cultivating or making in some way.

And so I started growing mushrooms, that was eight years ago. Since then I’ve mainly stuck to mushrooms getting completely enveloped in their being and frankly the exploration of every different species is like trying a whole new substance in itself so variety was never at a loss.

Though I’ve found myself wanting to branch out and learn some new skills during the interim of some of my more long term fungal endevours. As such I’ve been working with harmala extractions from rue and caapi, as well as embarking on some mhrb, gifted by a friend, extractions for the first time. Hoping to renew that spark of wonder and relationship with these plants. Slowly collecting various plants to fill my home with.

And so that’s what brings me here, trying to engage with a parallel community of enthusiasts, learning about some new plants and developing the relationships with them I should have done all those years ago. Though be aware my language is centered in fungi, as such most of my speech is based in those relationships, though there is always room for more friends.

I’ll leave you with this. There is an interesting unity between mushrooms and dmt. In some ways two dialects to a similar language. I have a tradition, looking to mushrooms as generalized translators of experience into language familiar to my experience, I utilize them to integrate and decompress ayahuasca experiences.

Utilizing the remains of brews past steeped we can grow those fungi to absorb that experience and decompose that information, they are observant beings after all. Working with those mushrooms changes them and ushers in that spirit of ayahuasca, for me it contextualizes and clarifies the experience with her into a familiar tone.

I’m not claiming anything concrete, rather consider that intention of those rituals. Perhaps there are many more ways to integrate the vast relationships we hold with these plants and fungi. After all many of them already live together out there in the wild.

Looking forward to hear more of your exploits. Both papuana and caerulescens are much less commonly heard of species so I'd love to hear more about the nuances in both their effects and their cultivation.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

kirkeng
#5 Posted : 3/24/2023 2:17:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey, downwards!

No kidding looking at those page breaks is much easier to read, thanks for that example.

I have not tried the ayahuasca admixture with wood loving mushrooms, though now that you mention I'll likely try in one of these seasons. Unfortunately where I live we only have like a 2-3 week window during the year where the conditions are right outside so progress with them is slow. I'm slowly working to adapt them to my location but time will tell.

Will maintain updates as time goes on with those projects, first run of papuana is being spawned in the next few days. Unfortunately my first run with caeruelescens lended to some aborted fruits midway through maturity, left for a day and things dried out too much.. though more attempts on the way. Sec. zapotecorum still waiting for pins after 1 month so far in fruiting. At least I have plenty of Panaeolus and other mexican native mushrooms to tide me over during the wait for all these.

Slowly we learn to adapt to all these different species, I take a low tech approach and work to show any species can be grown in a simple tub setup with simple materials, at least I haven't run into one I couldn't do, yet of course.