We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
What to Do When You Don’t Have Any DMT Options

Fluorescent Leaf
#1 Posted : 3/18/2023 6:59:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dear DMT Nexus Community,

I want to become my own extractor, but I’m a full-time grad student who’s in the process of moving to a bigger apartment, which means that it’s just not in the cards right now. I need both the time and the space, and then, when I’m finally my own extractor, it will solve the problems that come with depending on other people to supply you with DMT. In the meantime, with no psychedelics in the picture right now (in my life, I mean), which is both a good thing and a bad thing, I’m really enjoying smoking mugwort aka artemisia vulgaris aka felon herb. It keeps me in a spiritual headspace at a time when psychedelics are absent from my life, necessarily so. You can buy it in-person from herbalism shops, and also online.

Mugwort is similar to marijuana in the fact that they are both an herbal smoke, requiring the same type of pipe, but the effects are so different. Marijuana is more of a stoning drug, that resulted in negative experiences for me years ago. Those experiences were very unpleasant. In the past few years, it’s not something that I do. But, mugwort is so wonderfully different. It’s more spiritual. I tried it years ago, but did not continue it, and only recently picked it back up again the past couple weeks. It’s helping me keep my composure and stay in a spiritual headspace as I navigate my way through grad school, towards the career of my choice. Science librarian. I highly recommend it for folks who aren’t taking or can’t take any psychedelics right now. It’s a good “in the meantime" medicine that will feed the spiritual part of your soul.

Botanically yours,
Fluorescent Leaf

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Pandora
#2 Posted : 3/18/2023 12:53:36 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Flourescent Leaf,

Thank you so much for sharing your solution of smoking Mugwort as you do the work and wait patiently until the time is right.

I really enjoyed the sheer maturity and wisdom embedded within this post. It might look like the post is about smoking Mugwort. But, what I saw was a young man keeping the big picture in mind. A young man with a mission and working towards a goal. A young man with patience, which is a difficult attribute to cultivate in the modern world.

So, I say bravo! Bravo to you for being willing to wait until you have the right space, the right budget and the right time.

-Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 3/19/2023 8:46:12 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Mugwort and lemon balm tea is also nice. It might complement your smoke quite well.

Welcome to the Nexus!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Fluorescent Leaf
#4 Posted : 3/21/2023 4:27:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dear Pandora,

Thank you for the many compliments. I sincerely appreciate the nice things you said. I’ve only been living in Vegas for 9 months now, so I’m still new here. I met a lot of people, but it’s been pretty lonely, to be honest. I’m very nerdy, I don’t drink alcohol and I don’t smoke marijuana (these days), and I read a lot of science books. When I have pure DMT in the future, mine or somebody else’s, I don’t have anybody to smoke with, unfortunately, and it’s not something I want to do alone. That would be unsafe, I believe. It’s been a struggle to find DMT people who have as much, or more, education than I do. I have a BA, plus plenty of education beyond that, at this point.

Here in Vegas, there just isn’t the DMT community that I was in back in New York, The Chapel of Sacred Mirrors. They’re getting ready to reopen their doors when the weather gets warmer, after they’ve been closed for 3 years, and they now have the Certificate of Occupancy for the new building, Entheon. It was great having a place to go where people were smart, creative, and interested in psychedelics. The only thing I can think of out here is Burning Man. I’ve never been. I’ll be in school when it’s going on, unfortunately. I feel like Vegas is such an exciting city. People from all over the world come here as tourists. This is the last city I should be lonely in, having nobody with whom to take psychedelics? What a bummer. They had a positive impact on my life, especially my abilities as an artist. In addition to becoming my own extractor, what should I do? Socially, I mean. It’s a tough one. I'm kind of socially awkward, I feel.

Lonely in Sin City,

Fluorescent Leaf

P.S. downwardsfromzero, thank you for welcoming me into the community! I’m thinking about making a mugwort concentrate. Sounds good. But yes, I made hot tea out of mugwort and lemon balm in the past. And skullcap, etc.

Fluorescent Leaf
#5 Posted : 3/21/2023 5:48:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anybody want to come to Vegas? I can't say whether or not I have anything illegal.

As most of you know, mugwort is an oneirogen, so if you smoke alot of mugwort (or make it into a tea, but I prefer to smoke it) you'll have all kinds of dreams while you sleep. Most of mine are pretty vivid and pretty strange. The word oneirogen comes from 2 Greek words. It's an amalgam of the Greek verb "to dream" and the Greek verb "to create".

It's quite possible that oneirogens allow a little bit more endogenous DMT to be released in your brain than usual...ever so slightly...which I strongly believe is inherently healthy.

Th3k1d93
#6 Posted : 3/22/2023 3:43:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the club! I feel you, I'm very much a nerdy and spiritual psychonaut (with Aspergers to boot) surrounded by peers at work/life that are either straight edge, or not into the growth aspect of psychedelics and such. It's a tough road to find friends on. But when you do, they seem to be the best kinds of friendship. There's something that comes with working with someone on scientific theory that makes friendships filled with respect and care.

I'm nowhere near Vegas myself, but if I'm ever out that way and you stick around here, maybe I'll give you a shout, lol.

Stick around and read, you'll be able to pull your own sacrament in no time. It really is incredibly easy. If you can cook from a cookbook, you can pull DMT.

Looking forward to getting to know you, you seem like a very intelligent and open minded individual <3
Without growth, what's the point?

Avid gardener and Ethnobotany enthusiast

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 3/22/2023 3:54:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Careful peeps, we're coming close to crossing a line.

Fluorescent Leaf wrote:
Does anybody want to come to Vegas? I can't say whether or not I have anything illegal.

Attitude Page wrote:
No discussion on selling, buying, sourcing, acquiring, pricing, trading, receiving, distributing, mentioning pending deliveries or smuggling of drugs

This includes all isolated psychedelic compounds and RCs (Research Chemicals), whether they are legal or not. The only goods allowed to be discussed are legal live plants, legal viable seeds (both in the Sustainable plant and seed suppliers subforum) and legal/unwatched chemical supplies. See Street Value of DMT (AND WHY YOU SHOULDN'T EVER SELL DMT AND OTHER PSYCHEDELICS) for good reasons why we don't allow this.

Also please read this thread: Bye bye MHRB sourcing talk, we will remember you

Attitude Page wrote:
No using the Nexus as a personal meet-up point

Due to potential legal risks, we do not want people giving their emails or personal contacts (or displaying full face pictures) openly. We don't want people telling other members they don't already know to meet up privately, this can be a problem for both the people meeting as well as bringing attention for the whole community. The only exception we make is that we allow establishing general meeting points for festivals and conferences because you don't have to say who you are in the Nexus when going there, and you can go to the meeting point if you want while remaining anonymous. If you do meet up, do not bring drugs and be sure to maintain your personal safety.

Th3k1d93 wrote:
It's a tough road to find friends on.

So true. And I'm pretty incisive, so even when I do come across another of similar interest, it's rarely anything lasting. It's been years since my last real trip with another.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Fluorescent Leaf
#8 Posted : 3/23/2023 8:38:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dear DMT Nexus Community,

I'm sorry if I came close to violating any boundaries by saying "Does anybody want to come to Vegas?" Violating boundaries was not my intention. Thank you for bringing my attention to the policy of not using DMT Nexus as a personal meet-up point. I was not really aware of this.Thank you for bringing it to my attention in a professional manner that was tactful. I'll be sure to respect this boundary 100% from now on, with no exceptions, now that I'm aware of it.

Since I joined, I haven't had a free day to really truly dive into the website and read and read and read, which has been pretty frustrating. I hope to do so this weekend. As a full-time student, school is very demanding and stressful, and I just feel so lonely, and so different than my classmates. The DMT community is certainly an under-represented group. We're far from mainstream. Most people don't even know what DMT is. The average person has never even heard of it. Sometimes I think of non-psychedelic people as Muggles (I'm borrowing that term from the Harry Potter books, of course), and it's hard to relate to them. Finding people who can speak my language is very difficult. It's hard for me to communicate with Muggles because the whole conversation seems vacuous. Anyone else have this experience all the time...difficulty communicating with Muggles?

I'm an adult survivor of child abuse and neglect, and I have really bad PTSD, plus other complex health issues. Profound lack of intimacy has always been an issue in my life. In my younger years, I experimented heavily with hard drugs, prescription drugs, psychedelics, herbal remedies, etc. - anything I could get my hands on I took, in order to self-medicate this problem.

Since that day of yellow DMT in December, I loved the taste of burning plastic, and since then, my drug use is pretty limited: I make a yerba mate and guayusa combination every day, and of course, smoking mugwort has been very helpful the past month, and my health has improved alot the past month because of it. I'm happy that most of my experimentation is in the past. There's really not much left over I actually want to try. But yes...extracting my own DMT is on that very short list I have in my head of things I actually want to try. Thank you for reassuring me that I can pull my own sacrament in no time. I look forward to doing so....

Thanks so much,
Fluorescent Leaf

LizKing
#9 Posted : 3/23/2023 9:45:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi FLeaf, it is a pleasure to read your posts. I am still in the experimentation stage of several different ethnogens and a bag of mugwort herb is winging its way to me right now. I'd be interested to read more on the volume (grams) and timing (how long to have effect and how long it lasts) of mugwort, thanks.
Lizard King - astrology, tarot, taoist alchemy, and all things esoteric.

“I am the Lizard King / Retire now to your tents and to your dreams,
Tomorrow we enter the town of my birth, / I want to be ready.”
Jim Morrison - The Doors

Fluorescent Leaf
#10 Posted : 3/24/2023 6:20:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi LizKing - I know that strain of Psilocybe cubensis, lizard king. Good name. Anyway, I'd be more than happy to provide you with more information about mugwort:

The effects of mugwort are immediate when smoked or drank as a tea. It's a pleasant, dreamy, feminine headspace. Well, the effects feel feminine to me. It's not something that's going to Boom! hit you hard. DMT is certainly what I call "more of a drug" than mugwort. That dreamy headspace from mugwort is very soft and delicate, and you feel more relaxed without feel "stoned" or "messed up". It's hard to say how long it lasts, really, because I pack a bowl of mugwort so many times a day. A sequence of 3 bowls - sometimes I need that much - and I definitely feel so much better. It's quite possible that I have a deficiency in endogenous DMT?

As someone who has really bad PTSD, smoking mugwort makes it easier to fall asleep. Smoking mugwort definitely puts you in headspace that makes it easier to deal with pain and stress, without feeling like you're "on drugs". In a mugwort headspace all day, you don't look inebriated, and people won't be able to tell you're in a higher state of consciousness. But, you'll feel a difference. Smoking mugwort all the time...it's as if the cells in your body are more inclined to love.

When you see the live plant growing, mugwort looks like parsley. Well, the shape of her leaves is reminiscent of parsley. If your average police officer looks at a bag of mugwort, they won't know what it is. Although perfectly legal to smoke, it could be mistaken for marijuana by a police officer who isn't the brightest star in the sky. So, be careful.

Tobacco and marijuana are not the only 2 herbal smokes out there. The mainstream isn't aware that there are smokable teas. Species of tea that you can smoke. Most of these smokable teas are oneirogens, and you can make them into a comforting mug of hot tea, smoke them, and there are also mugwort noodles out there. Yum! Mugwort is one example of these "smokable teas" - and an excellent one - but there are others. I think it's interesting how oneirogens can help you deal with everything you have on your plate while you're preparing to have a very powerful DMT experience. I'm preparing for my first very powerful DMT experience, and mugwort is my "preparation plant". If you have more questions, please ask. I'm glad I could help.

Fluorescent Leaf
#11 Posted : 3/25/2023 3:32:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

And, there are a number of good books out there about DMT. My favorite is:

Mystery School in Hyperspace: A Cultural History of DMT.

This book is very well-written, and even better - it mentions DMT Nexus, and here we are....on DMT Nexus! The DMT community is so much love. I'm honored to be on here, and grateful. Welcome, LizKing.

LizKing
#12 Posted : 3/25/2023 5:14:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your informative replay FLeaf, my eyes have been well and truly opened. I had my first mugwort tea last night, nothing special but early this morning I had an incredible insight into a PTSD-related issue that I've had for many years. I'll certainly be exploring this herb a lot more now, so thanks again.

Yeah, Lizard King is my go-to because that's the only cube I've got, lol. It's been quite a learning curve, LKing, harmala, and now mugwort, a nice combo for Psilohuasca. When I gain more experience I'll post back. Keep posting too, I'm sure there are many lurkers with PTSD out there who are reading this and discovering that there are other, perhaps more effective, safer treatment options than their prescription meds.

Jim Morrison - The Doors

Fluorescent Leaf
#13 Posted : 3/28/2023 3:39:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I second that motion that there are other, perhaps more effective, safer treatment options options than prescription medications. I'm in recovery from a 5-year benzodiazepine addiction, and I have a history of abusing all kinds of other prescription drugs, in addition to benzos. Most recently, I was using and abusing Ambien. I think I took my last Ambien 3 to 4 weeks ago. Don't quite remember the timeline. I chose not to get a refill. With prescription drugs still in my system, I can't drink ayahuasca anytime soon. But, I'll definitely talk more about ayahuasca later...

After a few huge mugwort bong rips, I'm feeling spiritually rejuvenated, after a hectic and stressful day. My Dad is coming to visit in 8 days, and we're going to try to figure out a rental house for me. Moving from a tiny little apartment into my own house (my first house) is a milestone. I'm so excited! Psychedelics in general have enriched my skill set with interior design, and they continue to do so, even in their absence since December. My interior design just keeps getting better and better, which is one of the beautiful things that keeps happening as a result of having tried a bunch of different psychedelics in the past.

Fluorescent Leaf
#14 Posted : 3/30/2023 7:26:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My limited use of psychoactive drugs the past few months is starting to make my brain feel like a brain in a cage, restricted to only certain states of consciousness, and not others. I'm craving a powerful DMT experience. I'm getting ready. In the meantime, I want to add a tip for smoking mugwort: don't use a torch to light your mugwort in your pipe or your bong. It will burn too fast, and you will actually get less of an effect that way. Don't "torture" your mugwort, lol. Use a regular lighter.

I can't wait for my first "real" DMT experience. No more of that yellow, sticky DMT. What a tease that was, lol. I've been studying the extraction teks. I really want to see elves and machines and machine elves. I heard Strassman compare DMT to a rollercoaster, and I love roller coasters, and I'm a very intense person, so I look forward to the powerful DMT experience I predict is coming soon. Love & Thanks.

Leaf

LizKing
#15 Posted : 3/31/2023 12:06:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fluorescent Leaf wrote:
I second that motion that there are other, perhaps more effective, safer treatment options options than prescription medications. I'm in recovery from a 5-year benzodiazepine addiction, and I have a history of abusing all kinds of other prescription drugs, in addition to benzos. Most recently, I was using and abusing Ambien. I think I took my last Ambien 3 to 4 weeks ago. Don't quite remember the timeline. I chose not to get a refill. With prescription drugs still in my system, I can't drink ayahuasca anytime soon. But, I'll definitely talk more about ayahuasca later...

After a few huge mugwort bong rips, I'm feeling spiritually rejuvenated, after a hectic and stressful day. My Dad is coming to visit in 8 days, and we're going to try to figure out a rental house for me. Moving from a tiny little apartment into my own house (my first house) is a milestone. I'm so excited! Psychedelics in general have enriched my skill set with interior design, and they continue to do so, even in their absence since December. My interior design just keeps getting better and better, which is one of the beautiful things that keeps happening as a result of having tried a bunch of different psychedelics in the past.

FLeaf, I had my first mugwort bong and it was nice, very subtle. I relaxed for a half hour then went for a walk. When I got back I meditated and could feel the mugwort still active which was amazing.

Jim Morrison - The Doors

Fluorescent Leaf
#16 Posted : 4/1/2023 6:13:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Glad you're enjoying the experience. I'm glad I could help. Some music that goes well with it is: Androcell, Entheogenic, Enigma, and Desert Dwellers, to name a few. Keep us posted on your experimentation. You might want to take a look at this interesting book: The Encyclopedia of Psychoactive Plants.

LizKing
#17 Posted : 4/2/2023 12:56:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fluorescent Leaf wrote:
Glad you're enjoying the experience. I'm glad I could help. Some music that goes well with it is: Androcell, Entheogenic, Enigma, and Desert Dwellers, to name a few. Keep us posted on your experimentation. You might want to take a look at this interesting book: The Encyclopedia of Psychoactive Plants.

I like to sit outside with nature, but I do listen to music when I am forced to sit inside because of the cold. It's coming into winter here and it gets damn cold.

Update: MugWort + Mary Jane blend with 0.3 gr Lizard King, plus some Syrian Rue a few hrs earlier. I tell you what, that blend of MW+MJ really earthed me. My navel chakra is fairly active from many years of tai chi and this blend really kicked it in, that was pure bliss, magic. It was a gentle trip, a real pleasure just sitting outside goofing off into meditative space. Sadly I'll run out of my supply of MJ soon but hopefully the mugwort will give the same result.

When I do the mugwort alone with LK I'll post it up here.

Jim Morrison - The Doors

Fluorescent Leaf
#18 Posted : 4/2/2023 4:07:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Your post made me smile. I've never tried Syrian rue. The most I know about it is that it potentiates ayahuasca. I'd be interested to learn more about Syrian rue.

I just did a bump of coke with an acquaintance of mine. I would say that's what NOT to do when you don't have any DMT, lol, but I just couldn't resist. It's been a long time. I was talking a power walk on the Strip today to get some exercise, and I walked past an advertisement (for alcohol, I think, which I don't do) that said, "Why resist?", and then, as soon I get home, finally I had the opportunity to put something up my nose for the first time in a long time, lol.

Fluorescent Leaf
#19 Posted : 4/2/2023 7:05:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm guessing Syrian rue potentiates every drug in the DMT category?

Fluorescent Leaf
#20 Posted : 4/2/2023 1:06:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That coke turned out to be not that great...the quality was on the low end of the spectrum. It felt like a strange mixture of coke, meth, and something else that tasted like chalkboard chalk. The quality was disappointing, and drug-wise, this is not the direction I want to head in. Lousy quality coke doesn't coincide with my interest in DMT extraction.

I feel like I messed up, but being the new kid in town, I'm desperate for friends/drugs/friends who have drugs. Extremely lonely would be an understatement compared to how I feel every day. I recently met some other yuppies, but those acquaintanceships are going to take years to develop into friendships. Can DMT help with loneliness? I need some "machine elf" friends. Smile

Leaf

123NEXT»