We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
We Die to Remember What We Live to Forget Options

Eschaton
#1 Posted : 3/17/2023 2:15:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What happens to our consciousness when we die? Does everything simply fade to black, and that’s that? Or is it possible that we experience a level of continuity beyond our ability to imagine while alive?

I have come to understand during my “research” into altered states of consciousness that, when we die, we may experience our Oneness with the Universe, and upon this consummation, we then relive the same life all over again, anew. In fact, it seems as though we may live the same life for all Eternity, and yet there is a continuum which is orthogonal to our corporeal world which is simultaneous and timeless (whether this is ‘Heaven’ or not is up for debate).

I have been led to believe, by an experience that I will later explain, that we are all microcosmic iterations of an eternally recurring Universe, and by default of this relation, we are all to experience the very same fate of cyclical repetition. This is the very idea of the ‘eternal recurrence’; a philosophical concept recently revived by the German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche and shared the world-over — however esoterically — by our multitudinous religionsand mythologies.

Ahoy! It has been years since I've posted in here...

This paper is on DMT, Death, and integration:

We Die to Remember What We Live to Forget

Cheers! Can't believe I've been on here 15 years...

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 3/17/2023 2:47:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Glad to have had you here so long!

Some threads of reincarnation here with some Greek transmigration of the soul Love

Now, does this mean I'm destined to come across and be in contact with DMT in each every iteration? I certainly hope so Laughing

Perhaps this idea can also lend itself to why some alien subspaces in hyperspace are so familiar.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Eschaton
#3 Posted : 3/17/2023 4:18:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Glad to have had you here so long!

Some threads of reincarnation here with some Greek transmigration of the soul Love

Now, does this mean I'm destined to come across and be in contact with DMT in each every iteration? I certainly hope so Laughing

Perhaps this idea can also lend itself to why some alien subspaces in hyperspace are so familiar.

One love

The pleasure is all mine! It is funny because I wrote all of this over 13 years ago but my sentiment hasn't changed much, other than my foray deeper into Quantum Mechanics and the Everettian Many Worlds interpretation...

There are an infinite amount of us living infinite iterations and this is fully supported by Consistent Histories formulation, Path-integral formulation...

Perhaps DMT is the unifying Golden thread of Ariadne!

Cheers!! Big grin

fink
#4 Posted : 3/17/2023 10:38:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It puts me slightly on edge to consider - the eternity of repeating universes will consume a considerable amount of our time. Most likely almost all of it. So this brief foray on the garden rock might be the reward.

The reward for getting through another cycle of the endless never ending soul numbing endlessnes that the rest of our existence may well be - that our idea of what a reward would comprise of after an infinite wait is to make things as messy and as complicated as possible in as short a time as we can.

Anything.

Oh please gods anything to help us briefly forget what it is we are about to remember.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Exitwound
#5 Posted : 3/18/2023 5:50:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's a part of cosmic joke for me: we are so scared about our lives Very happy

I think God is what makes condensed finite things from infinity, it is infinity itself. Thus in the infinity, everything can be found.

I don't believe that everything just fades to black. On the contrary, I absolutely do not believe so.
We are memory-bound constructs, we can not talk about things we don't remember.
The consciousness might never really fade, we just don't remember. Because brain has limited capacity and is bound to remember and perceive its home version of reality.

I guess it all drills down to the same question: what do you choose to identify with? Meat brain you or conscious something? Smile

MAGMA17
#6 Posted : 3/18/2023 10:24:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Exitwound wrote:
That's a part of cosmic joke for me: we are so scared about our lives Very happy

I think God is what makes condensed finite things from infinity, it is infinity itself. Thus in the infinity, everything can be found.

I don't believe that everything just fades to black. On the contrary, I absolutely do not believe so.
We are memory-bound constructs, we can not talk about things we don't remember.
The consciousness might never really fade, we just don't remember. Because brain has limited capacity and is bound to remember and perceive its home version of reality.

I guess it all drills down to the same question: what do you choose to identify with? Meat brain you or conscious something? Smile

So, why should we identify with the second option? if we don't remember and therefore we don't know, doesn't it become a simple belief that we want to cling to?
I'm not saying that the solution to the puzzle is a totally materialistic answer, but I'm simply saying that no one knows, which is the only possible answer to this.

What I don't understand is where this absolute belief about the reality of what will or will not be after death comes from for many. Intuition? so why in this world we are faced with so many people who with absolute conviction speak of completely opposite things, and who swear that their facts represent reality? Does that mean that the post-mortem result can be different for everyone? Or that everyone is delusional? Again, it comes to questions that may not be answered.

(Exitwound, all this is not an answer to you, in particular. Your post was just an input)

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 3/18/2023 4:07:02 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

This thread itself is a reincarnation. How amusing Smile
We die to remember what we live to forget
Nice to see another long-time - original, even - member resurface.

We (as in, whatever it is we perceive ourselves to be) come from the unknown and pass once more into the unknowable. The bit in between largely consists of mystery and is subject to interpretation.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Exitwound
#8 Posted : 3/18/2023 7:16:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes there can be no solid proof of that. It is just what I think DMT has taught me.

Why assosiate with observer but not the actor?
Because for some it elevates us above the game and lets us play it slightly detached, making the trip better.

Life is a trip. I think we should at least try during this trip, to make it nice and wholesome for us and for everything and everyone around us Smile

Just in case: All what I said is just what I think at this time, I am most definitely wrong, take with a big grain of some psychoactive substance Smile

Voidmatrix
#9 Posted : 3/18/2023 7:26:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Exitwound wrote:

Infinity? Or infinity^infinity? Razz

Exitwound wrote:
The consciousness might never really fade, we just don't remember...

I've had a similar idea as a result of DMT journeys wherein while in the experience I've totally forgotten my pragmatic reality.

MAGMA17 wrote:
Does that mean that the post-mortem result can be different for everyone?

If I'm not mistaken, there's an idea connected to string theory that speculates exactly this and that it's based on what one thinks that influences where one will end up.

And fine skepticism there my friend Laughing

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

dragonrider
#10 Posted : 3/18/2023 8:47:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Exitwound wrote:

Maybe we are both?

There is this ongoing debate about whether the foundation of reality is physical (space, time, matter) or spiritual/counsciousness.

There is no real proof for either, but i think the strongest argument in favor of the latter would actually be that it's undecidable.

Eschaton
#11 Posted : 3/19/2023 3:38:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I did not ask to have such an experience and after giving it a decade to rest, I ended up having the exact same experience again and again, so I take that for what it is.

It seems autonomous, at least for my psyche. I was raised atheist and had zero bias going into ny endeavors.

Doesn't make it the truth, but it is certainly interesting to consider.

It was wild going back into that dimension after being gone for over a decade.

MAGMA17
#12 Posted : 3/19/2023 11:51:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Eschaton, I didn't want to distract from what you have written! In fact, I find it very interesting. My comments, on the other hand, are of a guy who in a few years of life has gone from religious to atheist to anti-clerical believer to agnostic.
Laughing

Voidmatrix wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, there's an idea connected to string theory that speculates exactly this and that it's based on what one thinks that influences where one will end up.

The ultimate solution has finally been found to end the cycle of reincarnation: stop believing it!

But at that point…it would no longer be a solution since ‘the problem’ would also vanish. Surprised

False alarm, sorry.

dragonrider wrote:

There is no real proof for either, but i think the strongest argument in favor of the latter would actually be that it's undecidable.

That’s a good point! At the same time It could be said that human beings have not arrived still (or will never arrive) at a technological and scientific level to prove the opposite.

Eschaton
#13 Posted : 3/19/2023 5:39:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MAGMA17 wrote:
Eschaton, I didn't want to distract from what you have written! In fact, I find it very interesting. My comments, on the other hand, are of a guy who in a few years of life has gone from religious to atheist to anti-clerical believer to agnostic.
Laughing

Voidmatrix wrote:

The ultimate solution has finally been found to end the cycle of reincarnation: stop believing it!

But at that point…it would no longer be a solution since ‘the problem’ would also vanish. Surprised

False alarm, sorry.

dragonrider wrote:

That’s a good point! At the same time It could be said that human beings have not arrived still (or will never arrive) at a technological and scientific level to prove the opposite.

No distraction! All input is well received.

Alan Watts always said in his talks that belief in reincarnation is a prerequisite to samsara; that to reach the end of the cycle, you must experientially realize reincarnation's futility as an idea — if we are all One, reincarnation is kind of pointless as far as a metaphysic. Similar to Christianity's original sin doctrine.

As far as technology and UFOs: perhaps they are us from the future or even odder — perhaps they are cryptoterrestrials from the past! All UFO's are time travelers/masters of dimensional manipulation.

Have any of you had encounters? I grew up with sleep paralysis and had some VERY odd experiences; otherwise, I have seen UAP craft at least half a dozen times. Each time these craft showed off impossible acceleration.

ShadedSelf
#14 Posted : 3/19/2023 7:29:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ra talks extensively about this kind of stuff.

They call it the veil of forgetting, basically a way to stimulate spiritual growth, if you are aware of the oneness of all things there is very little incentive to move in any direction.

They also happen to talk a bit about UFOs.

Eschaton
#15 Posted : 3/20/2023 2:01:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ShadedSelf wrote:
Ra talks extensively about this kind of stuff.

They call it the veil of forgetting, basically a way to stimulate spiritual growth, if you are aware of the oneness of all things there is very little incentive to move in any direction.

They also happen to talk a bit about UFOs.

Interesting — got any links?

Cool

The Eternal Return is well-shared around the world — Mircea Eliade's Eternal Return 1949 is excellent for a look into this.

ShadedSelf
#16 Posted : 3/20/2023 6:55:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sure.
Or if you prefer the old books.

Eschaton
#17 Posted : 3/20/2023 7:31:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ShadedSelf wrote:
Sure.
Or if you prefer the old books.

So far, so ...wow.

Thank you for sharing. Cool

Eschaton
#18 Posted : 4/5/2023 8:13:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My apologies for the giant wall of text; merely consider this a bump.