We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What happened to my alcoholism? Options

NeitherHere
#1 Posted : 3/16/2023 8:18:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My drinking habit of 15+ years has been seemingly obliterated. The will, urge, desire, and satisfaction of such behavior was ripped from my psychy but in such a way that it took me several days to realize. Usually I'll have a drink every other day or maybe daily depending on stress. But after my first few dmt trips it just wasn't there. A few days later I would go on to try and have a drink out of pure boredom and 2 sips in I realized.. well shit.I. I don't want this I'm just bored. So I went and did something productive instead. Opting to throw away the beer, alcohol abuse as I use to call it.

I've also noticed other amazing changes.
I'm dreaming almost every night and they are full lucid dreams conversing with sentient people and such. This is beyond rare as I usually only have one or two dreams per year and usually they're horrific night terrors. But lately it's been calm enjoyable dreams with deep deep sleep and I mean actual rest.

I've been calmer, more peaceful, and accepting of adversity. It's like someone reached into me with a damn brilliant pad and scoured all my bullshit away. What I find is even more interesting is how much more introspective I've been of my own behavior and decision making. In one week I've made more progress in my personal life and relationships than I ever did with "professional help" and it was gentle. I find myself at a point t now where I've reached apprehension about going back in. It's almost like... I got the message and my mind has said "it's time to hang up the phone for now".

Anyways just wanted to report back for anyone else wondering. I knew it had a serious affect on alcoholism but I genuinely upset that this isn't a commercially available treatment for people suffering from addiction. Psilocybin and mescaline were close seconds and even their effects were subpar to nndmt in this regard.

Fear is the only reason I waited so long and honestly dmt has taught me that there is nothing to fear. Life IS impermanence. We take nothing with us and our experiences are more valuable than any materialistic behaviors like clinging to life or comfortsbility.
"Get the message, hang up the phone" ~ some old hippie probably

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

abecedarian
#2 Posted : 3/16/2023 8:23:30 PM

∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ęRhe✟ori© ABe©eDarian $✞ȉllĨn✞hę©®@✟ę

I'm glad to hear you're having success. Sounds like the dmt has helped you straighten your priorities. Congrats.
I'm a man from a place with hands and a face. Part of the heart of the human race. It illuminates. ∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ę®ȉ©

Exitwound
#3 Posted : 3/16/2023 8:24:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Fear is the only reason I waited so long and honestly dmt has taught me that there is nothing to fear. Life IS impermanence. We take nothing with us and our experiences are more valuable than any materialistic behaviors like clinging to life or comfortsbility.

All I can say is Thumbs up

Love to read life changing experiences likes this one. I think the world is getting better as we all collectively get better.

DoingKermit
#4 Posted : 3/16/2023 10:35:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow! Well done for turning things around, NeitherHere

Toshido
#5 Posted : 3/17/2023 12:15:56 AM

Research & Development

Dang I wish that would happen to me. Were they breakthrough trips? Anything you want to explain trip wise?
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Pandora
#6 Posted : 3/17/2023 1:50:39 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Before it all got shut down by evil men full of hysteria and histrionic lies about drugs as well as racism they evil males banned all drugs.

Back in the day Timothy Leary and others were testing LSD on alcoholics at high dose, 500 mics. Then most of the alcoholics no longer needed to drink.

So, my friend, I guess DMT did the same for you. I am so happy for you. And your liver. May you live long and prosper as a certain Vulcan once said.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 3/17/2023 2:50:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Congratulations my friend. I am very very happy for you. While I personally don't drink, some of the people I am closest to suffer from alcoholism, some worse than others. It breaks my hear pretty regularly. And it's really hard because of the mass acceptability and ubiquity to deeply monitor one's alcohol habits.

Pandora wrote:
Before it all got shut down by evil men full of hysteria and histrionic lies about drugs as well as racism they evil males banned all drugs.

Back in the day Timothy Leary and others were testing LSD on alcoholics at high dose, 500 mics. Then most of the alcoholics no longer needed to drink.

So, my friend, I guess DMT did the same for you. I am so happy for you. And your liver. May you live long and prosper as a certain Vulcan once said.

Didn't the founder of Alcoholics Anonymous attribute at least some his success at quitting drinking to his experiences with LSD?

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

NeitherHere
#8 Posted : 3/17/2023 4:56:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you. Each member here has taken time out of their day on multiple occasions to converse with me and get me acquainted with the forum. I find it only fitting that you all be on the same thread as I got my promotion. That alone is big to me. It's like a mini graduation Very happy opa!

Thank you all for your part in my growth and exceptionally warm reception over the last week or so♡♡♡ I'm sure you'll see me stsrt to branch out into other subfora soon enough. Right now I'm trying to make sure I'm not in another wonderful of those radically lucid dreams I've been having lately haha Laughing
"Get the message, hang up the phone" ~ some old hippie probably

Pandora
#9 Posted : 3/17/2023 12:27:19 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

wrote:
Didn't the founder of Alcoholics Anonymous attribute at least some his success at quitting drinking to his experiences with LSD?

Here is a nice summary article about just that:
66 Years Ago the Founder of AA tried LSD
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Orion
#10 Posted : 3/18/2023 12:45:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Now you know what we were talking about eh ? Thumbs up

Your experience is the reason these substances are referred to as 'medicine'. We don't think of medicine as a spiritual or mental thing in most parts of the world. We put so much emphasis on the physical. Surely a habit begins in the mind and the negative physical effects are what drains the spirit/mind (are they the same thing? I'm still not entirely sure).

You seem to be a classic example of what this is all about Smile

Getting the message and hanging up the phone is good. I'm not sure this means it will never ring again, for whatever reason. But that's a another topic.

Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

secretbrac
#11 Posted : 7/31/2023 8:35:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi. I just wanted to share that I experienced the same thing. I was a bar owner and HEAVY drinker for over ten years. I tried to stop several times but I couldn't. I couldn't even get to noon without vodka. When I started using DMT I was not attempting at all to stop my drinking.....IT JUST HAPPENED. I can't explain it at all. Just a total shift in my brain. I don't ever want to drink now. It's really just blowing me away. For years I didn't even go one day without drinking. Never could do it. And now I never even think about alcohol. Just add it to the list of amazing things DMT can do for people.

Iamprotoss
#12 Posted : 7/31/2023 3:45:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey, thanks so much for bringing this to my attention. this is the same thing that happened to me!!
I'm not a heavy drinker, but before my recent spout of trips (before that, I hadn't taken any psychedelics for a long time), I was having a couple of drinks almost every night. Lots of stress, and just didn't want to think about work. Normally, I drink only on the weekends, but my habbit moved to weekdays and I hadn't realized I spent almost a year drinking like this.

Recently started taking ayahuasca trips again - not with the intention of quitting drinking. It hadn't even crossed my mind. I'm actually only reminded now by reading your post and thinking 'holy crap, I have only had like 2 drinks in the past month!?'. Zero desire to drink, and hadn't even realized it...

I was feeling so much better recently, but attributed it to the trips themselves. Now I'm thinking about it - it's probably because I stopped drinking alcohol!

secretbrac
#13 Posted : 7/31/2023 6:14:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It's so crazy because it's not like you have to even do DMT all the time or anytime you think about drinking. I do DMT a couple times a week and just never think much about alcohol. I actually ordered a Shirely Temple when I was out with friends the other night. They were all very confused. haha. I have a friend who was diagnosed with fatty liver disease and I wanted them to try DMT. Does anyone here know about if DMT does anything to the liver? Thanks!

Never Forget
#14 Posted : 7/31/2023 6:19:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

NeitherHere wrote:

Love to you and so happy for you. Reclaim your agency!

If I may be a bit of a downer/realist: BE CAREFUL from here. Remain vigilant. Try to be aware if you are slipping back into the addictive pattern, and remember the feeling you describe in your post. DMT can help, but you must be the one to stick to the change! <3

Iamprotoss
#15 Posted : 8/1/2023 12:29:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

secretbrac wrote:
It's so crazy because it's not like you have to even do DMT all the time or anytime you think about drinking. I do DMT a couple times a week and just never think much about alcohol. I actually ordered a Shirely Temple when I was out with friends the other night. They were all very confused. haha. I have a friend who was diagnosed with fatty liver disease and I wanted them to try DMT. Does anyone here know about if DMT does anything to the liver? Thanks!

I don't think it is all that taxing on any of your organs, but having an issue would probably magnify any bad thoughts if you get into a bad trip. On ayahuasca anyway, since it lasts longer, if I think something is wrong, like 'oh, is my heart beating too fast', I can easily get caught up in a spiral of bad thoughts that induce anxiety and panic.

So if I had a liver disease and get caught up in the 'is something wrong' loop, it would be a terrifying trip, so I personally wouldn't do it, I can barely stand strong trips already and I am completely healthy.

starway7
#16 Posted : 8/1/2023 2:24:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive found that If i vape some spice earlier in the day before bed time...that following night.. my dreaming gets really vivid ...

It appears that just having DMT in your system.. stimulates dreaming.. ..and sometimes those dreams become lucid dreams...

Some night im going to try taking a low to medium dose oral dose of.. capsulized dmt ..possibly with a little rue...

Normally.. [without taking a reversable MAOI].. DMT is destroyed in your system by attacking enzymes...thats why it doesnt work by itself oraly...

But still i wonder Wut? ... if just taking ...[the molecule by itself] ..[either.. right before bed... or after 5 hours of sleep]...[about 2 am]..[at the beginning of REM sleep]... . with a little rue capsulized... could stimulate dreaming..

Even though oral dmt seems to do ...nothing orally during the day time... without a reversable MAOI..

Dreaming during sleep .. is a different world...during sleep your mind is slowed down and much calmer...unlike the turbulant sea of your mind during the daytime...

Just eating a banana at bedtime/or 4 hours later.. can stimulate dreaming because of the potasium and sugar content in the fruit..

So the theory and question is .... could DMT alone [or with a little rue]..in your system during sleep ..push dreaming into overdrive?

Is not the DMT molecule close in structure to tryptamine we get in food like turkey which makes us sleepy...
Its been said ...that dmt tripping is like dreaming while awake ...so this idea needs a test...

Tomtegubbe
#17 Posted : 8/1/2023 9:46:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Congratulations! For me it didn't happen that sudden, but ayahuasca clearly made me see that if I want to continue the spiritual path that is incompatible with the drinking habits I had. Quitting has been the best single decision in my life and I recommend it to everyone. Losing the urge is a wonderful thing.

I still often when ayahuasca nausea kicks in get reminded how terrible it felt to get the nausea for having poisoned yourself with alcohol and I feel so grateful for having been able to let go of that beast.

Also, the glowing experience the molecule gives help see the beauty of the world that you should open to even if it means embracing the pain.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand