We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A pictorial analysis on color densities under the effects of DMT+Alcohol Options

Toshido
#1 Posted : 1/25/2023 7:23:41 PM

Research & Development

DMT: Sandwich Method using Delta 8 Flower
Method: Traditional glass bowl used primarily for cannabis.
Dosage: 20mg (Due to the method (and from prior experience) I believe to have smoalked 5-10mg.
Alcohol: 6 Vodka Sodas

Before I preface my trip experience. I would like to note that as a journeyman, I believe it to be my duty to experiment with my experiences. Although we may run into the same things regardless of our trajectories into hyperspace, all of us are unique. We are unique in our genetics, our upbringing, our lifestyles, our strengths and our shortcomings, and most importantly our tolerances for a wide range of substances.

Preface:

In 2019, I came upon my first gram of spice, and I consulted both Erowid and The Nexus before embarking on my journeys. I did not know at the time that consuming alcohol before a journey was not only ill-advised, but looked down upon. I would come to learn this through my own experiences first, and then again when consulting other members of the Nexus. I heeded their call, and also didn't heed their call. I'll break this down a little bit before we get into the actual trip report, as I believe the details are important for anyone who may be searching this forum for years to come.

In 2017, I started experiencing a series of panic attacks. The first was during a trip to another country, the 2nd upon my arrival back to my country, and the 3rd when I finally got home to work a shift. I eventually deduced that my anxiety was due to these key factors. Being hungover in the morning, being dehydrated, and consuming coffee in the morning. It was the recipe for a panic attack. I have since resolved my anxiety by making the appropriate lifestyle changes, and no longer have issues with panic attacks, albeit the occasional generic anxiety induced from the stresses of everyday life. Work, money, relationships etc.

However, in the year of 2019, during my first DMT trials, I was still coping with generalized anxiety, and we all know that the moments leading up to a blast off can generate anxiety on it's own.... SO, I would do the only thing I knew best to alleviate that anxiety by having a few shots of liquid courage before delving into the psychedelic abyss. I would come to know this concoction well, as out of the 15 experiences I had on the spice, about half of them were while I was slightly inebriated by alcohol before preparing my experience.

Each of those experiences were met with the exact same outcome, which were overly polite entities ushering me out of the waiting room and asking me to come back another time. They knew my intentions were good, and that I was a good person, but they simply could not in good conscience allow me to come inside while being "drunk". Here is some of my artwork to describe two occasions.

One experience I was on a space station waiting in line to get into a psychedelic bar. The two bouncers at the gate (a blue woman without skin, only muscle and decorated in a cel-shaded filter, and a red man who was kind of mean with the same attributes) denied me entrance to the space club. I was soon back in my living room enjoying some beautiful, yet dull in color 2D hyperbolic shapes.

Another near breakthrough experience I found myself traveling through the Chrysanthemum and into a lush plateau of grass with a temple in the middle. As I neared towards it's entrance I was greeted by what I now know to be Foo Dogs (Buddhist Chinese Lion Dragon Statues that guard temple entrances). Although frightening to behold, their nature was kind and patient, and they too ushered me away form the temple. Foo Dogs, were/are statues meant to protect temples from evil, lost, or misguided spirits. FASCINATING.

It was clear to me that being under the influence of alcohol affected the experience in a negative way, as entry being denied became a common theme. But it ALSO contributed to an obvious dullness in spectacle. Especially with color saturation, contrast, and brightness. I'll explain using more artwork I made specific to this experience.

After a 3rd big hit, I felt the effects coming on. I had a big tapestry on the wall to have something to fixate on.

Within 30 seconds the waves of fractals as a series of line-patterned wall papers and shooting beams of light were coming my way. It was difficult to let go at first and the visual distortions both with CEV and OEV we're uncomfortable and dizzying. After a minute or so, my frowning, wincing, and I'm sure visibly uncomfortable demeanor was transformed to a smile and a euphoric sensation as the patterns and the speed at which they were moving began to stabilize and slow in speed. I was then able to leisurely take in my surroundings and notate what I saw.

Gooey Mandelbrot fractals were coming from my peripherals from my left and then my right, but I felt as thought I needed to squint or put my palms over my eyelids to really get the visuals to saturate. Everything seemed to be outlined in darkness instead of it being bright and vivid. As if someone had some sort of lens filter (the alcohol) over my eyes and I could only make out certain colors on the spectrum.

Here I will show two versions of the same images that I created in PhotoShop, on the left is what the color sensations SHOULD have looked like under DMT only. On the right you will see what I believe to be the dulling effects of alcohol. At least in my theory from experimentation, the more alcohol you consume directly effects the outcome of your loss in color density, contrast ratios, saturation and opacity.

Notice how in the rendition above, that some of the vivid colors and brightness of light on the left image is now devoid of said colors and light on the right image.

Here, I was able to use color dodges and linear burns on different layers of images to achieve the same sense of dullness. On the left is DMT with no alcohol, on the right is DMT with Alcohol.

Although it wasn't a breakthrough dose I was still able to bring something back with me, which is ALWAYS my goal when exploring the psychedelic abyss. Refer to the quote in my Signature by Terrence McKenna. I know it's cliche to say that I learned that "I need to let go", as being shot out of the DMT cannon is akin to jumping out of an airplane. But it wasn't letting go in that sense, it was letting go as in my environment. I am always trying to control my environment to my exact specifications, and when I do that, it leaves much more room for expectations to fall short. I've since learned that I need to give my stress line a little slack, both literally and figuratively. So, at least some personal growth was achieved during this session.

Although I was able to have an enjoyable experience, I will most likely never do DMT and Alcohol again because of two reasons:

1)
The dullness in saturation of the experience.
&
2) It's clear to me that it's slightly disrespectful and inappropriate to stumble into a higher plane of existence while under the influence of something like alcohol. Although polite, the entities I've visited are visibly disappointed in me as if they are saying "Aw come on buddy why you gotta come in here like that?" and "Alright let's get you home, come back when you're really ready to absorb our truths." Etc.

I certainly would never advise anyone to try DMT while VERY INTOXICATED as one could potentially vomit and choke to death. Nor do I condone mixing alcohol with DMT at all, although I do understand that a bit of liquid courage calms the nerves, and I see no danger in a beer or two. Although I have heard in people with low tolerances to alcohol, that even one beer or one sip can have noticeable effects.

I hope this report helps anyone who may be considering mixing the two, and I hope it helps shine a light (a dim light) on others who have had similar experiences.
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Pandora
#2 Posted : 3/15/2023 11:48:56 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

widderic,

Thank you for sharing. I am surprised no one else commented. This new trend I'm noticing for illustrations with trip reports is very cool indeed.

I appreciated your background and analysis.

Personally, having experimented at a fairly young age, I found I did not like the combo of alcohol and psychedelics. Probably because I felt they were at war with each other in my psyche as to what each molecule was trying to accomplish. Having said that for me, I never judge anyone who wants a little liquid courage at the beginning or a bit of an ease into the comedown at the end. You are not the only one who does this.

And I seem to remember smoking inordinate amounts of marijuana before my launches. Smoky courage. Pick your poison.

Your analysis of the blocking of access and the feelings why it happened and the muting of colors was fascinating. DMT never ceases to amaze and fascinate.

Thank you again.

-Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

ShamensStamen
#3 Posted : 3/15/2023 1:21:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Try a cup of Lemon Balm tea (3 to 4.5 grams of dried leaf), it's GABAergic and it'll help to calm the nerves but doesn't seem to impact anything ime, it goes wonderfully with Aya, as well as Psilohuasca, and mushrooms/4-ACO-DMT, haven't tried it with smoked DMT or Changa yet though, but if you do, lmk how it goes.

Toshido
#4 Posted : 3/26/2023 4:35:55 PM

Research & Development

Pandora wrote:

Your analysis of the blocking of access and the feelings why it happened and the muting of colors was fascinating. DMT never ceases to amaze and fascinate.

-Pandora

Thank you Pandora, I too found it pretty fascinating so I wanted to share!

I think a drink or two is fine, but further research has made me realize full intoxication can be a waste. It's a 50/50 success rate. It's either "oh god why did I just do that" or "whoa this is incredible". I guess it just depends on what moods the entities are in on those days.

ShamensStamen wrote:
Try a cup of Lemon Balm tea (3 to 4.5 grams of dried leaf), it's GABAergic and it'll help to calm the nerves but doesn't seem to impact anything ime, it goes wonderfully with Aya, as well as Psilohuasca, and mushrooms/4-ACO-DMT, haven't tried it with smoked DMT or Changa yet though, but if you do, lmk how it goes.

Hey thanks so much for the recommendation, I will surely be trying this and will post back my results.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

f1
#5 Posted : 3/27/2023 3:02:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

widderic wrote:
[b]
denied me entrance to the space club.

Hilarious! Twisted Evil
Maybe the bouncers are a mechanism to help us from not dying when we are passing? Laughing

Loved the imagery! Best use of Ai art ive seen on the nexus, combining into individual trip reports! Great integration Thumbs up Thumbs up

I really like your large tapestry on the wall! the mandala acts as good starter for the start of the threshold Love

" I was then able to leisurely take in my surroundings and notate what I saw."
Always the mantra to get back too!
https://www.etymonline.c...erence#etymonline_v_6671
Latin licere "to be allowed"

Wow love the photoshop comparison images! you really went all out on this report! The colors and things I see are mostly in a black landscape.

Hahah 'dodging' to show subtle variations, you have out done yourself Twisted Evil

We all do things differently, for myself I am enjoying year 3 or 4 no drinking, something I try to softy encourage in others too.

Best combo as I"m sure you've heard me mention is Lucy (day) Mush (afternoon /eve) Spice (late) Cool

Love love

In the dance of astral hyperspace, we learn, grow, and connect. Here's to our shared journey through the cosmic tapestry! ✨🌌

Toshido
#6 Posted : 3/27/2023 2:21:21 PM

Research & Development

f1 wrote:

Loved the imagery! Best use of Ai art ive seen on the nexus, combining into individual trip reports! Great integration Thumbs up Thumbs up

Not AI art this is art I made using photoshop and other programs.

Widderic wrote:
Here is some of my artwork to describe two occasions.

f1 wrote:
I really like your large tapestry on the wall! the mandala acts as good starter for the start of the threshold

Yeah that tapestry definitely centers me.