We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hi all! Options

Elantris123
#1 Posted : 3/12/2023 12:41:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi there everyone. Just discovered this community recently (literally today!). I have always wanted to try DMT. Have listened to various podcasts and people’s experiences and thought it sounded amazing.
I live with a lot of guilt in life… for things I’ve done, and continue to do.
Over this weekend my closest friends (known these boys for 20 years) got together for a little getaway. The first night we did mushies (my first time). Mushies for me was an extremely positive experience, one of the best nights of my life.
The next day we did breathing exercises throughout the day, relaxed, meditated. We said positive affirming things to each other in the group and aired out our baggage. ( I did not, as I am both ashamed and keep it all quite close to myself) (actuallly one of the boys on the trip new what I was going through).
That night I did dmt for the first time. I knew before that I was going to have a bad trip. I knew I couldn’t trick my brain into being what it wasn’t. That being said….. I wanted to face down my demons.. wanted to confront them head on.
My goodness.. the trip was horrendous… I knew it would be bad but golly, worst thing I have endured.. I’m writing this the next day and my mind is still non stop. My friends all had varying trips but were all nice and that lifted me up a bit knowing they had a good time.
It has been good reading the positive experiences on here and sounds like dmt can really be used for good.
Anyways, rant over, thanks for reading.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Pandora
#2 Posted : 3/12/2023 2:49:36 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Elantris123,

Welcome to the Nexus.

Thank you so much for being brave enough to share. And I am very sorry you had such a difficult first experience.

DMT is not for everyone. There is a great post by Vovin on why one should NOT smoke DMT. https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=30533

More so than the other psychedelics, because it goes deeper and lays us open raw for all of hyperspace to see, I feel that set and setting are hugely paramount. One cannot really prepare enough.

I honestly believe a gradual path of research, then personal extraction and experimentation ONLY when set and setting are firmly locked in is the way to go.

I also personally believe some folks might benefit more from therapy at this point in their lives rather than spice.

Having said that, as far as I can determine most DMT experiences are positive. What was so horrific about yours? Are you comfortable being more specific?

I also find myself wondering what dose you took and how you consumed it.

Perhaps a low dose, gentle oral brew might be a better introduction.

Regardless of what you choose for yourself, your explorations and path, I warmly welcome you and hope to see you around.

-Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 3/12/2023 2:51:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Greetings and welcome.

Easier said than done, but work on forgiving yourself. Takes practice.

Were you able to face some of your demons on your journey or did it just throw you for a loop? Both can happen from time to time Laughing

It sounds like a weekend of a balanced amalgam of experience, getting the "good," the "bad," and the in-between.

What made you want to try psychedelics? Or at least what made you want to try these particular two entheogens? I'm assuming there were at least a few in your friend group that were already experienced with the psychedelic landscape.

Where do you think you'll go from here with regard to psychedelics?

Happy to have you with us Love

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

abecedarian
#4 Posted : 3/12/2023 9:52:23 PM

∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ęRhe✟ori© ABe©eDarian $✞ȉllĨn✞hę©®@✟ę

Welcome to the forum Elantris. Sorry to hear about the rough ride, but try to find benefit in having experienced it if you can. There's a lot in those trips for us to digest and integrate into our lives. I think as we more fully understand ourselves it becomes increasingly possible to find pleasure and joy with the same potency that previously troubled us so much. Peace.
I'm a man from a place with hands and a face. Part of the heart of the human race. It illuminates. ∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ę®ȉ©

Elantris123
#5 Posted : 3/13/2023 5:56:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:
Elantris123,

Welcome to the Nexus.

Thank you so much for being brave enough to share. And I am very sorry you had such a difficult first experience.

-Pandora

That was an interesting post by Vovin. I like the point that we have a lifetime and it is a good idea to wait until it will be more beneficial. I will try again once I am happy with the person I am, but I am also glad to have seen it from the negative. I think the setting for me was perfect. Around good friends, in a cool country house. I had 40 of changa. I am comfortable with talking about the specifics of my trip but didn't know whether to write it here or wait until I can write in the DMT experiences section.
Thanks pandora, see you around Smile

Elantris123
#6 Posted : 3/13/2023 6:02:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Greetings and welcome.

Easier said than done, but work on forgiving yourself. Takes practice.

Were you able to face some of your demons on your journey or did it just throw you for a loop? Both can happen from time to time Laughing

It sounds like a weekend of a balanced amalgam of experience, getting the "good," the "bad," and the in-between.

What made you want to try psychedelics? Or at least what made you want to try these particular two entheogens? I'm assuming there were at least a few in your friend group that were already experienced with the psychedelic landscape.

Where do you think you'll go from here with regard to psychedelics?

Happy to have you with us Love

One love

Definitely easier said than done unfortunately! I faced them.. managed to pull myself out of the trip/open my eyes, get up, sit down.. but the trip continued. I'll post the full trip in the experiences section. Both definitely happened. I've alwaysss wanted to try them.. just havn't really had a good opportunity. I wanted to try mushies first because I think they are an introduction to psychedelics. I wanted to try DMT for several reasons... initially it was because I wanted to believe in something greater than myself. I am not religious, not spiritual, believe in nothing further than what can be well explained. This then turned into a desire to face my demons and show myself i can look at my soul and not shy away.
Most of the people in the group had had mushies before, only one other had done DMT.
I would love to try mushies again... I am extremely hesitant to try acid after DMT as i hear it's similar in that if your in a bad mind set you can have a bad trip. The 15 minute DMT trip was beyond intense... i know acid isn't as strong, but even 1 10th of that feeling for multiple hours would not be fun. I want to try DMT again maybe in 6 months... put some work into myself and see if it translates in my mind.
Thanks for being welcoming Smile