We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Tips for removing xtals welcome!!! Options

HippyDippy
#1 Posted : 3/12/2023 4:52:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So I have a very small harvest of xtals left to get out of my jar. I know my first mistake is having them in a jar in the first place instead of a crystallization dish, or flat glass baking dish. I have a re-x dish ordered and on the way, but for now I have xtals that are in the bottom of a small mason jar.

Does anyone have tips for removing xtals in as near to whole condition as possible? The last time I had some good looking snow ball xtals, I tried scrapping them and they turned into powder like this:

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Toshido
#2 Posted : 3/12/2023 5:33:19 PM

Research & Development

Yeah, jars are tricky, which is why I always use a 500mL crystallization dish, even then, the corners are tricky with a razor blade, but a guitar pic works nicely.

For your jar, I use this when I do a re-x in a 100mL beaker. A Scoopula!
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

HippyDippy
#3 Posted : 3/13/2023 4:15:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

This jar was actually pretty easy. For whatever reason they did not stick to the jar. They were nice and easy to scrape out without damaging their structure.

Thanks Widderic!