We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How to tell when freeze precipitation is complete? Options

HippyDippy
#1 Posted : 3/10/2023 5:17:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is there a way to tell when you are not going to be able to precipitate any more DMT out of your NPS of choice? Will the color change from yellow to clear? Do you just have to monitor your crystal growth for plateaus? Do you decant your NPS when crystal size meets your desire, then try to precip again?

I have some crystals growing im my freezer, but I dont know when to harvest...

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 3/10/2023 6:26:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

One of the best ways is by seeing if any crystals are floating in your solvent after it's been in the freezer a while. If I find anything floating after 12 hours, I pull the dish out and allow to evaporate down a bit more then place it back in the fridge.

Otherwise, it's pretty much done precipitating when the solvent is clear and unclouded.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

HippyDippy
#3 Posted : 3/10/2023 7:31:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have a long way to go then, considering how colored my liquid is. My crystals are not really sticking to the bottom of the jar this time though. They are floating around in the solution, but they have the characteristic shape of heptane shards. There is only about 1.5ml of heptane, so I cant really evap anymore. I'll just have to "forget" about this jar for a while, considering I have more than enough spice to last me for a while.

Thanks Voidmatrix!

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 3/10/2023 8:05:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

HippyDippy wrote:
I have a long way to go then, considering how colored my liquid is. My crystals are not really sticking to the bottom of the jar this time though. They are floating around in the solution, but they have the characteristic shape of heptane shards. There is only about 1.5ml of heptane, so I cant really evap anymore. I'll just have to "forget" about this jar for a while, considering I have more than enough spice to last me for a while.

Thanks Voidmatrix!

Well, it's more about cloudiness more so than coloring. I have gotten plenty of yellow solvent after precipitation, but it's always clear when the DMT is finished crashing out. Generally, yellow or orange indicates the polymer.

You can also re-x to remedy.

One love

What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

HippyDippy
#5 Posted : 3/10/2023 9:37:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Well, it's more about cloudiness more so than coloring. I have gotten plenty of yellow solvent after precipitation, but it's always clear when the DMT is finished crashing out. Generally, yellow or orange indicates the polymer.

One love

Well my solution wasnt cloudy to begin with when I started the precip, but I am still getting some crystals. So it must be getting close to not having enough to freeze precip. I'll likely still let this jar sit for a while just to see what it'll do. Once I'm done with the freezer work I will evap completely and harvest whatever is leftover.

Thanks Voidmatrix!

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 3/10/2023 9:39:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

HippyDippy wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

One love

Well my solution wasnt cloudy to begin with when I started the precip, but I am still getting some crystals. So it must be getting close to not having enough to freeze precip. I'll likely still let this jar sit for a while just to see what it'll do. Once I'm done with the freezer work I will evap completely and harvest whatever is leftover.

Thanks Voidmatrix!

How long have you had it in the freezer for so far?

And of course. I'm not as versed as many other Nexians, but will always do my best for ya.

One love

HippyDippy
#7 Posted : 3/10/2023 10:00:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
How long have you had it in the freezer for so far?

And of course. I'm not as versed as many other Nexians, but will always do my best for ya.

One love

This jar has only been in the freezer for about 14 hours.

BUT
This is the second time trying to freeze precip this fluid. I already harvested some gorgeous crystals because I am impatient. I put the fluid into a new jar(this jar) and placed it back in the freezer. Low-and-behold, there are more crystals. Thats why I was wondering how long I should really let it go.

Toshido
#8 Posted : 3/10/2023 10:44:38 PM

Research & Development

If it's been in there for that long and it's that orange. It looks like it's mostly impurities or goo. Make sure it's as hot as it can be so the dmt gets absorbed back into the solvent, then slowly cool then add to freezer.
🌳👨โ€🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨โ€🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
โœดโœดโœด - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Voidmatrix
#9 Posted : 3/10/2023 11:12:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

widderic wrote:
If it's been in there for that long and it's that orange. It looks like it's mostly impurities or goo. Make sure it's as hot as it can be so the dmt gets absorbed back into the solvent, then slowly cool then add to freezer.

This makes me want to ask, did you use MHRB or acacia? That would be really gooey for MHRB using NPS.

One love

HippyDippy
#10 Posted : 3/11/2023 5:12:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I used mexican MHRB. Jurema preta or as I searched for it, tepezcohuite.

HippyDippy
#11 Posted : 3/12/2023 4:46:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

After 48 hours this is all I was left with.

I know it isn't much, but this was originally a cleanup experiment. I wanted to see if I would be able to turn what looked like garbage into something that looks more than halfway decent.

I started with this nasty jar of black stuff. It had the consistency of Jello when I began, but this picture was after I added a little NPS and got it back to liquid. The jar on the left is water with sodium carbonate:

I already harvested .25g of nearly pure white xtals:

Now the top picture is what I have tonight. It is in the vacuum chamber drying off any leftover NPS.

Any tips on getting the xtals out without destroying them?