We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Solubility of dmt salt Options

anon1244
#1 Posted : 10/2/2022 3:32:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Friends been doing extractions successfully for a while now and can't find any information on the solubility of dmt salt in an acidic solution. Want to know if I were trying to fully saturate the acidic solution with 1g of salts approximately how many ml would I need at a ph of 2-3? Also assume room temperature but if someone knows proportions for hot and cold as well that would be awesome. Sorry for this being my first post but I typically am able to find the information I need but in this case I can't seem to find it anywhere.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 10/4/2022 12:24:30 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

You would at least need to specify the anion - acetate? citrate? fumarate? And what kind of acid for the acidic solution?

Sorry not to be able to be more specific than that; most DMT salts are 'very soluble' in water, whatever that actually amounts too. It tends to mean that a drop or two of water will turn a small pile of whatever DMT salt into a blob of goo. This almost certainly the case for a solution ending up with a pH of 2 to 3 as well.

It's worth noting that many DMT salts are quite hygroscopic, the hydrochloride for example deliquescing to the extent of being exceedingly difficult to prepare in crystalline form at all.

If you find out any precise figures for any of this we'd all be very interested to hear.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

SimonJester44
#3 Posted : 3/11/2023 11:45:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I know this is a bit of a zombie...but cant we then take the acid solution and boil it down to a really tiny amount so that we can work with less volume?