We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Are these DMT phosphate crystals? (Zinc reduction) Options

Dr Sway
#1 Posted : 3/11/2023 10:10:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ahoy.

Hoping for some answers on this zinc reduction.

1) Started with approx 6 grams of gooey n-DMT-oxide*.

2) Added ~120 mL of water and enough phosphoric acid to reduce pH to 2.7. The oxide dissolved into an amber coloured solution.

3) Added 6g of zinc powder, shaken occasionally in warm water bath for 2 hrs. Solution went clear.

4) 24 hours later there are needle-like crystals forming. They don't easily go back into solution with some gentle heat.

Must be DMT-phosphate, yeah? They certainly aren't zinc phosphate. And how would one get them back into solution to separate from the zinc?

--
* How do I know its n-oxide?
Amber oily goo, will not dissolve in naptha. Formed during hot naptha pulls, and would present with n'n-DMT crystal during freeze precip. The precip would never properly crystallise (nelting crystals) due to presence of oxide, so would be re-dissolved in hot naptha, re-precipitated, and then even more n-oxide was present (fewer crystals). I believe the hot naptha was oxidising the DMT upon each successive dissolve-crystallisation. Psychoactive.
Dr Sway attached the following image(s):
phos.png (4,048kb) downloaded 76 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

famine
#2 Posted : 3/11/2023 12:37:50 PM

Entheogen Enthusiast

Chemical expert

It is most likely zinc phosphate. DMT phosphate would readily dissolve in water.

What you describe, the melting crystals, oiling happens with pure DMT. No n-oxide present. You should of tried to xtalise it further instead of reducing. You should also use acetic acid not phosphoric for this. Zinc acetate will reduce. Zinc phosphate won't.

Dr Sway
#3 Posted : 3/11/2023 12:50:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the reply. If you are correct @famine, I guess one could simply decant, basify, and attempt to crystallise once again then.

famine
#4 Posted : 3/11/2023 4:43:17 PM

Entheogen Enthusiast

Chemical expert

Dr Sway wrote:
Thanks for the reply. If you are correct @famine, I guess one could simply decant, basify, and attempt to crystallise once again then.

Yes decant, basify and pull with organic solvent