We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mitigating Work Stress Options

Toshido
#1 Posted : 2/22/2023 11:08:38 PM

Research & Development

I've found that in the last 6 months I have been stressed out far more than usual and am having a hard time "turning it off" if you know what I mean.

I was wondering...

What do my fellow Nexians do in order to mitigate the stresses of work/every day life? What are some things you can do at home to help relax besides meditation and exercise?

For me... playing video games helps to calm my nerves, and I also enjoy the relaxing nature of cooking a great meal. When it's not cold (as it is now, which may be contributing to my uneasiness) I enjoy kayaking, playing golf, hiking trails, and having picnics and nature naps.

Some new hobbies I picked up recently were Suminagashi painting, making trinkets out of beads you can melt with wax paper, and extraction.

Interested to see how everyone occupies themselves.
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 2/22/2023 11:23:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

The real answer: SMOALK MOAR Twisted Evil

On the real though, I'm not going to be much help. I'm terrible at relaxing and having fun. I find the gym "fun" Laughing

However, I like reading, particularly philosophy or something philosophic (among other things), researching and learning different things, learning to study, writing, growing mushrooms, anything related to guidework and making music... when I cam get myself to actually do any of these things. Hot baths are also very relaxing.

Wow, I'm rigid... Laughing

One love

What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Toshido
#3 Posted : 2/23/2023 6:22:11 AM

Research & Development

Voidmatrix wrote:
... when I cam get myself to actually do any of these things.

This is my life in a nutshell!
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Nydex
#4 Posted : 2/23/2023 9:15:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd recommend watching this Huberman Lab episode on managing stress, where Dr. Andrew Huberman explains very well what works best and why. Can't recommend this podcast enough, it's an absolute goldmine that comes for free. Thumbs up
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

fink
#5 Posted : 2/23/2023 2:43:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I used to be really good at relaxation and downtime. Until we had kids.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Pandora
#6 Posted : 2/23/2023 6:55:47 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

widderic,

I feel you. I have multiple jobs and one of them is my own business. I am adjusted to working at least some of every day but many days from before dawn until way after dusk it never lets up. Then when I am home, the texting, paperwork, invoicing and scheduling must be done.

I have put a lot into a simple act that needs to be done every day - if I have the time I cook dinner daily. I find that working with the scratch ingredients, occasionally opening and decanting some wine, that this ritual helps me to decompress from the day. Sometimes I enjoy some weed but one thing I do is I do not take my phone/business with me into the kitchen.

So, I guess my answer is compartmentalization. If you have a little hobby you could work on or take a nice hike or something like that every day after you work it might help with the decompression.

Another idea that goes against the norm is to skip the morning shower but instead shower AFTER work - symbolically and literally WASH the day OFF. Step out of the shower ready for a non-work mindset.

-Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

PsyloCiBeen
#7 Posted : 3/10/2023 4:05:20 AM

In Silence I Been

To be honest widderic, work seems to be accelerating all around, I don't know what it is but it seems as though as the months go by I get involved in more projects and on top of that I have my full time doctoral study which I am trying to complete, I don't get stressed because I try to experience everything as it comes and not focus too much on the future but I also find these two methods really conducive.

In the morning when I wake up I dedicate 1 hour me time, which means I need to wake up earlier. During this time I will drink slowly over the course of the hour 1 liter of warm water, sometimes mixed with a tablespoon apple cider vinegar, mostly just plain. The water flushes my system and clears toxins. During this time I will read books on spirituality or plant medicine or what ever else deeply interests me but not work related.

The other method is micro or meso dosing psylocibin and san pedro which has really benefitted me, when I get caught up too much in my head, the dose allows me to appreciate each moment and breathe more deeply itno the day. In fact the energy, rapport and focus it gives me is invaluable.
mama matrix most mysterious

In the gforce of the carrier wave when my ego starts melting away I truly realize that I am who I am and yet everything that I say and say I did is an illusion. Any similarities in any name, form or experiences to a human being (past, present or future) is purely coincidental and no harm was intended first do harmalas

Toshido
#8 Posted : 3/10/2023 4:29:26 AM

Research & Development

Pandora wrote:

So, I guess my answer is compartmentalization. If you have a little hobby you could work on or take a nice hike or something like that every day after you work it might help with the decompression.

-Pandora

Very useful information from your whole post and I thank you kindly for taking the time to go into detail what helps you! From taking a hike and making it a habit, to keeping the phone in a separate room while I enjoy cooking a meal is great advice. You're the best.

PsyloCiBeen wrote:
The other method is micro or meso dosing psylocibin and san pedro which has really benefitted me, when I get caught up too much in my head, the dose allows me to appreciate each moment and breathe more deeply itno the day. In fact the energy, rapport and focus it gives me is invaluable.

How much would you say you micro dose mescaline? That's something I may be interested in. I can't find any full proof studies that show microdosing even works, as I've always believed you need a dose that provides you with noticeable effects. If they are noticeable, I can see it making it difficult to drive a car or complete work tasks, and if they aren't noticeable, it just seems like placebo to me that it's even helping.

But I've also never asked anyone on the Nexus about that subject, so I'd be interested to hear your findings and be proven wrong!

PsyloCiBeen
#9 Posted : 3/10/2023 8:02:37 AM

In Silence I Been

widderic wrote:

How much would you say you micro dose mescaline? That's something I may be interested in. I can't find any full proof studies that show microdosing even works, as I've always believed you need a dose that provides you with noticeable effects. If they are noticeable, I can see it making it difficult to drive a car or complete work tasks, and if they aren't noticeable, it just seems like placebo to me that it's even helping.

Exactly widderic, I also prefer to feel the dose, so a mesodose is more preferable for me with regards to psylocibin. Now the meso dose is just under a normal dose and above a micro dose, given there are different strains and body weights and sensitivities to the entheogen, one needs to find the sweet spot for oneself. Thus a microscale becomes invaluable because this will take you a bit of trial and error. For myself personally my mesodose is between 0.5g min to .08 grams. You can play around the numbers and there are no hard and fast rules and everyone is different. Also there is no hard line where one dose ends and the other begins, all of this depends on you and your needs and requirements. However once you go over your own personal mesodose, it starts becoming difficult to handle when its a normal workday. Now a meso dose will give you some fractals and so you will notice it but it is not an all-encompassing normal dose where one cannot drive or a heroic dose where one cannot mostly move even. Still I prefer to take it and wait an hour so that I feel the come up and can handle it at home instead of on route to work. Once it settles in, it is there and provides a wonderful glow and backdrop to your day. Now different workspaces are different but nobody has ever noticed when I have had my mesodose, and I radiate much more peace, warmth patience around me.

With mescaline I am able to microdose and still feel the effects. So a microdose of mescaline liquid for me, again it varies from preparation to strain, can be anything from 1 tablespoon to two shot glasses, depends how strong you make it. Again you have to find the sweet spot for yourself. There are no CEVs or fractals but I can definitely feel it and it provides some energy to the day. I prefer micro dosing cactus and it does impart a specialness to the day almost always. But most of it is getting to know the plant and a dieta will also help you achieve this and enhance ones experience. That is by eating bland food, no alcohol and to micro dose on the cactus for a week or two daily or on every second day. Afterwards you will find the microdoses working for you even better as you have tuined yourself to the plant medicine. You can do a dieta with any plant teacher.

While on the subject of plants, see if you can get Valerian root. You can find it at most health shops and it helps one de-stress and unwind, take it an hour before bed and it will give you good sleep, the great restorer, which will help with stress too. If you can find Ashwagandha it is also a great nootropic and adaptogen which will regulate your mood and help you focus and concentrate for longer periods too. Also never underestimate walking barefoot on the earth, give your stress to mother earth, she is there to support you. And if you have a dog go and hug her or him and play with them. If you have a cat let it purr next to you or even better on your chest. They are great stress relievers these magical animals and plants. Take care my friend, and let me know how your journey with mesodosing unfolds.
mama matrix most mysterious

In the gforce of the carrier wave when my ego starts melting away I truly realize that I am who I am and yet everything that I say and say I did is an illusion. Any similarities in any name, form or experiences to a human being (past, present or future) is purely coincidental and no harm was intended first do harmalas