We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
GVG Lighter Technique Options

Rock.0
#1 Posted : 10/13/2021 11:43:10 PM

"Psilocybin makes nicer people

Hey gang, hope everyone is great.

I'm trying to find some definitive advice on the lighter technique while using a GVG. And yep, done a search, couldn't find anything that answers my question.

I'm using a Eagle style lighter.

I know the flame should never touch the ceramic filter, so I am careful of that (I hold the lighter so the very tip of the flame is about 5-6cm away from the very top of the glass bushing), however there is still soot building up, so I'm wondering if I shouldn't be pointing the flame directly at the filter?
Should I instead my aiming it on an angle towards the lip of the glass bushing (the bit the ceramic filter slots into)?

I'm having no trouble with blasting off and breaking through, though the peppermint tea bed does seem to burn a bit, so I'm sure I could be doing something a bit better.

Thanks Smile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Kobranek
#2 Posted : 10/16/2021 2:34:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My technique is as followed: I use a ceramic stone that fits perfectly in the chamber that I pre-melt 25-30 mgs onto. I like to pre-heat the ceramic filter from the bottom before putting on the gvg cap. I use a single jet flame with an angled tip. When I start to hit the gvg I'll start from a distance that the flame is far enough to not quite touch the filter to a distance where it is turning the filter red, it is that close. At that point the vapors are billowing to take within one long hit. I'm very careful not to touch the flame to the glass part of the cap in fear of cracking it as others have experienced.

Rock.0
#3 Posted : 10/17/2021 12:28:15 AM

Thanks Kbranek.

What is the advantage of pre-melting the spice into the ceramic stone (which ceramic stone are you using btw? I just ordered some Volcano Drip Pads) and then pre-heating the ceramic filter?

So from what you are saying it's not advisable to aim the flame at the glass, but rather directly at the ceramic filter, to avoid cracking the glass?

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 10/17/2021 12:52:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Healthstone vapor stone.

I point my micro torch flame directly towards the ceramic filter. Hit it slow and steady and keep going until the pipe clears of vapor.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 10/17/2021 6:05:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Well, this thread did it. Seeing mention of this device over the years, slowly but surely has encouraged me to hop on board and get one of these. Not that I need it, but I am really curious Love

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Rock.0
#6 Posted : 10/19/2021 2:40:03 AM

Tony6Strings wrote:
Healthstone vapor stone.

I point my micro torch flame directly towards the ceramic filter. Hit it slow and steady and keep going until the pipe clears of vapor.

I've only just heard about the Healthstone recently, it fits nicely in the GVG?
Well I guess since I've already bought the Volcano Drip Pad I'll give it a whirl, but next I'll try the Healthstone.

Tony6Strings
#7 Posted : 10/19/2021 5:35:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It fit my first gvg perfectly, like it was made specifically for this purpose, and left a few mm space between top of stone and bottom of top glass piece. My second gvg the stone fit in the bowl fine but it made it where the top piece did not have room to completely connect into the bowl because it sat directly on top of healthstone. So. That pipe did not survive to see it's first usage. But. I still have the top piece and the healthstone so I will get another sherlock from vapor genie and hope it works out like the first one I had. I am also setting up an emesh because I ground scored a mod.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

murklan
#8 Posted : 10/19/2021 9:31:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I see the sherlock GVG being mentioned and that seems to be a really good device. But I want to also recommend the Glass Bat Vaporgenie. It's around half the price and seems to work just fine. I've never used the sherlock and have limited experience with the bat (4 times) but have written about it shortly here. I use a 'liquid pad' of steel wool and that work really good, no burning and the whole amount of spice seems to be vaporized.
As mentioned in my other post I use a alcohol flame.

starway7
#9 Posted : 10/28/2021 3:04:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

.....Can vapor genies still be found anymore?

ive heard a lot of positive talk about VGs!

Kobranek
#10 Posted : 10/28/2021 8:00:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry for the delayed response Rock.o but it is the healthstone that I use and the reason to pre-melt onto it is to have multiple doses lined up ready for blast-off if one feels so inclined to do so. I'm a solo tripper but if an occasion presented itself for others to partake it would be a lot easier to load right up one after another. Try to take it all in one long draw and be amazed how relatively smooth and minimal material is needed for breakthrough (27-30 mgs). As the gvg becomes covered with crystalized residue after continued use you can run some solvent to recover enough material to melt right back onto the pad and you sir have then mastered maximizing your device to the fullest! Goodbye to the days of having spice lung from smoking burnt spice. Happy vaping and smoalk more...haha!! Oh yeah don't point the tip of the torch at the glass to keep from cracking it, there is some rapid heat fluctuations happening. Not only that it's not very efficient.

VibeSurfer
#11 Posted : 11/3/2021 7:23:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A great idea I've had lately is to dissolve your DMT into 1-2 drops of propylene glycol and load it into the vapor stone with a syringe before placing it into the GVG. I've had amazing results with both the GVG + vapor stone and with DMT dissolved in PG but I've never tried both. I might have to give it a shot soon.
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo

Pandora
#12 Posted : 2/26/2023 2:25:55 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

I felt like it was making love to a woman for climax, Razz.

Use a torch and approach from above. Use a combination up and down and circular motion.

Be patient. Watch as the spice crumbles, melts and vaporizes. The bowl will fill with marshmallowy vapor.

Put the torch down and take a long, slow hit and hold it for a few.

Still holding the pipe? You should be able to hit again (if there is any spice left) without needing more heat.

-Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Quetzal7
#13 Posted : 3/1/2023 7:43:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the advices ;
So far i was using a regular bic lighter (i'm not too fan of the the torch ones), right at the edge of the glass, the flame being swallowed in the GVG ; long, slow, steady hit. I have to stop in time not to burn the herbal bed (i used mostly for 5MEO, so i melt in herb because otherwise it's too tricky to dose). Works perfectly.

Question : you guys use the torch lighter and inhale the whole time, or start inhaling only when it start to make vapor ?

My main issue with the GVG when i serve other people : the build up of residual crystals in the glass... when someone get more enthousiastic with the heat, they get a double hit...

Pandora
#14 Posted : 3/1/2023 3:25:07 PM

Got Naloxone?

Quetzal7,

I would begin inhaling once I saw the vapor, not before. I didn't want to have most of the first hit just be air.

I would clean my GVG frequently using 91% isopropyl alcohol, including soaking/immersing the cap. This prevented any buildup.

Hope this helps.

-Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Pandora
#15 Posted : 3/5/2023 7:05:02 PM

Got Naloxone?

Pandora wrote:
Quetzal7,

I would begin inhaling once I saw the vapor, not before. I didn't want to have most of the first hit just be air.

I would clean my GVG frequently using 91% isopropyl alcohol, including soaking/immersing the cap. This prevented any buildup.

Hope this helps.

-Pandora

Had to update from above but pointed downwards at about 45 degrees. The back and forth and circles technique is good. Sorry about that typo. Been a long time for me.

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

wabkia
#16 Posted : 8/21/2023 10:02:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quetzal7 wrote:
Thanks for the advices ;
So far i was using a regular bic lighter (i'm not too fan of the the torch ones), right at the edge of the glass, the flame being swallowed in the GVG ; long, slow, steady hit. I have to stop in time not to burn the herbal bed (i used mostly for 5MEO, so i melt in herb because otherwise it's too tricky to dose). Works perfectly.

Question : you guys use the torch lighter and inhale the whole time, or start inhaling only when it start to make vapor ?

My main issue with the GVG when i serve other people : the build up of residual crystals in the glass... when someone get more enthousiastic with the heat, they get a double hit...

how do you not taste the vapors/soot produced by a bic lighter? put a bic over an empty gvg/bong and report back you dont taste anything?

the best method was already posted by the first reply, though probably not necessary to heat from the bottom before the cap is placed over the end of the open gvg. if you are not using the mesh pad they sell, use it. if for whatever reason you cannot use one produced for the gvg, use one you make. when you use this method properly, you should have little to no build up and what buildup does happen should look like winter frost on a window not goop. cleaning method already available all over this board should be fine for you.

Egzoset
#17 Posted : 12/3/2023 4:57:11 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Euh...

Some of those issues sound kind of familiar, but about buildups, i pointed a finger at one innovative solution: to conceive a reversible quasi-symetric capsule, because at 1st you want one type of "personality" core then another to reclaim, and reversing the screens position means reclaim is automatically performed after a capsule reversal. As a bonus the design can be made converging, toward a central/peripheral collector forcing airflow to change direction by 90 degrees, hence promoting "defocalisation" of the heat flux forming "hot spots", so to speak. Problem being that wouldn't be easy to implement in metal. Oh the sum of regrets in case of an accidental fall!

Continue to ignore.