We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Eating Weed Straight Options

ZiPhi
#21 Posted : 1/2/2023 6:17:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Mitakuye! The strain I grow is a double black label purported to have 23.63% CBGA content at peak content and a negligible TCH content. I'm violently allergic to even minute quantities of THC so that last part is an absolute must for me. Stop

I start them indoors them move outside after I slowly bring the light cycles a little closer to natural rhythms. From there, I just grow organically and look for that 40-60% amber trichome condition for harvest but I'm still learning and haven't yet started sending samples off for lab testing. That part is definitely going to happen this season though. Very happy Thus far, I have only extracted - no refining yet but I still have a lot of flower and was thinking about making some salves, butter or dabbing goo.

Personally, I started using CBD for the same reasons as you but then started looking into CBG. After trying some CBG, I was immediately blown away by the clarity, stress/anxiety reduction and circadian rhythm improvement so that's when I started looking into growing my own. The friends I provide it to tend to be older and use it for arthritic and inflammatory conditions and one even uses it for a neuropathy condition and all have given me some remarkable stories. One is a close friend's mom that called me in tears after I mailed her some. She was hysterically crying because of the level of relief it has given her. She says she hasn't felt this good in 20 years and only uses 2-4 drops sublingually 2-3x's/day.
ZiPhi attached the following image(s):
CBG.jpg (100kb) downloaded 301 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

dithyramb
#22 Posted : 1/2/2023 8:32:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My only relationship with this plant is through eating the seeds. I wouldn't be surprised if a similar tonic effect is achieved by eating the plant as with the seeds, as how it is with nettle seeds and leaves. I am intrigued to try it, thanks for sharing RythmSpring.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Mitakuye Oyasin
#23 Posted : 1/2/2023 10:40:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the info ZiPhi. It feels very empowering to grow and use your own medicine doesn't it? They do not call CBG the mother of all Cannabinoids for nothing. I've got my whole family and many friends using it on a regular basis and all benefiting from it. Such an incredible healing plant. Best of luck to you and your harvest.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Espurrr
#24 Posted : 1/4/2023 3:26:57 PM

this thread certainly went in my desired direction so far, lol

ZiPhi when you say allergic to THC, what does that mean exactly?

i was reading some on cannabinoids and the endocrine system, and came upon https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih...pmc/articles/PMC6813821/ which describes alot of undesireable effects on the endocrine system from THC, like elevated cortisol levels, and androgen disruptions, i was wondering if you've noticed some effects like that

also could you go into more detail on the difference with decarbed and undecarbed CBG strain if you have tried it? and also more details on how you extract them, and what sort of dosage do you use for different applications

dithyramb i eat a bit of hemp and flax sprouts daily, i feel they do me some good but when i increase the amount, i feel thrown off balance

what sort of effects do you feel from nettle seeds? i use nettle roots, which seem to be anti inflammatory

Mitakuye Oyasin i had put some distance between myself and cannabis for several reasons some of which i'm still encountering even when consuming live plant material as a food, i wonder how much of a difference does making a tincture make for me because i'm a low fat raw vegan, and most of my meals are a load of chopped herbs / leafy greens + fruits + different sprouts + sometimes different colored veggies and mushrooms, what i'm trying to say is im eating things that are very similar to whole cannabis leaf and flower in every meal, like basil leaves and flowers and ... etc, anyway i do agree from experience that if you blend the cannabis with some citrus fruit in a blender you end up absorbing much more, but there may be other benefits to eating the whole thing, i wonder

some interesting observation i have to share with you guys is that compared to the syrian rue seed tea i consume at night some nights, eating the high THC flowers especially seemed to have the opposite effects, which i described in my last post "the thalamic region of my brain was vasodilated for the better part of the day, more so on the left hemisphere extending over to my left eye, in my dreams i felt as if the waking portion of my consciousness which is usually dormant in my sleep state becoming active and this was followed by me trying to take control and altering the procession of the usually unconscious phenomena, this i consider as an intrusive effect, followed by a rise in androgens upon waking" and i suspect this is not the case with CBGa

interesting read so far, thanks for chiming in Thumbs up

Mitakuye Oyasin
#25 Posted : 1/6/2023 4:41:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I love Cannabis, and many Cannabinoids. Smoking or vaping has never been a problem, but for the past 10 years or so eating decarbed THC, even low quantities, make for a rough ride with lots of very uncomfortable body load. Several times my core temp has crashed and I've had to take a hot shower to keep myself from shivering and shaking when it is not even very cold. On the flip side, I've pilled up THC-A honey oil several times and never had a bad ride or body load problems. I've pilled up triple or quadruple the amount of THC-A honey oil that I could ever handle in one sitting through the vape into a pill and consumed it and never really felt high, just a bit of a mental difference, but body load reduction and pain and inflation reduction.

Currently I'm taking around 150mg of CBG and 150mg CBD per day and it keeps most of my chronic pain away. I did try the Delta 8 stuff (Lab made from CBD supposedly) and found it too harsh and synthetic feeling to keep using it. Never felt like a full spectrum THC high either, just a flat uninteresting one dimensional high similar to THC.

To each their own, and bodies change over time. I used to love eating Cannabis baked into goodies, but enough negative experiences has caused me to almost never do this now. Hopefully this will change in the future and my body will be more accepting of the gift.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

ZiPhi
#26 Posted : 1/6/2023 2:44:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Espurrr wrote:

ZiPhi when you say allergic to THC, what does that mean exactly?

i was reading some on cannabinoids and the endocrine system, and came upon https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih...pmc/articles/PMC6813821/ which describes alot of undesireable effects on the endocrine system from THC, like elevated cortisol levels, and androgen disruptions, i was wondering if you've noticed some effects like that

also could you go into more detail on the difference with decarbed and undecarbed CBG strain if you have tried it? and also more details on how you extract them, and what sort of dosage do you use for different applications

It primarily presents as upset GI but also with a heavy helping of nausea and vertigo. I've tried it in every form I can find and, in every case, I pretty much barf uncontrollably for a couple hours after ingestion and feel like complete dogshit but here's the interesting part.. I love the smell of it - green and smoked. And, while I vehemently steer clear of TCH, CBG has an incredible focusing and anti-anxiety/overload syndrome effect on me. And while I find that CBD doesn't cause any undesirable effects, I also don't find it as effective as CBG in any appreciable way.

I haven't tried any undecarbed application of CBG aside from gobbling up leaves in the yard or tossing them on salads and into smoothies. I may dive deeper this year into that.

As far as dosage, I would have to dig out my notes on extraction but I decarb first then do several washes/soaks with an organic cane alcohol (95%), combine, then add a bit of glycerin to deter precipitation. Of that, I use anywhere between 3-5 drops once to twice a day sublingually. Family members I give it to use about the same.

PsyloCiBeen
#27 Posted : 1/10/2023 9:14:28 PM

In Silence I Been

Myself as well does not like smoking the holy herb anymore these days but decarbed bud is perfect. I understand that you say you not decarbing, probably MD as Dragonrider suggests. With my decarbed cannabis I measure small doses on my scale like .15 or .20 and eat that straight with a spoon of peanut butter like Meet Joe Black. So in a way it's like a microdose. I get a very clear creative high which I can work on which lasts for 6 hours. As soon as I go over the optimum dosage for me personally I get heavy body loads or too zonked out or fatigue. The optimum dose is easy to work out but needs calibration with your body chemistry. Having spaced out intervals in days also helps with making the high more clear imo
mama matrix most mysterious

In the gforce of the carrier wave when my ego starts melting away I truly realize that I am who I am and yet everything that I say and say I did is an illusion. Any similarities in any name, form or experiences to a human being (past, present or future) is purely coincidental and no harm was intended first do harmalas

dithyramb
#28 Posted : 1/11/2023 11:59:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Espurr, do you sprout the hemp seeds and the flax seeds? Its the first time I hear about sprouting either.

Nettle seeds are like supercharged nettle leaves, but more. I feel full of energy and vigor by eating them. Any fatigue feels overcome. There is also a certain psychoactivity to them, making me feel spiritually connected.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Espurrr
#29 Posted : 1/15/2023 11:39:34 AM

thanks for sharing your experiences Mitakuye Oyasin and ZiPhi Thumbs up

PsyloCiBeen im fairly familiar with the regular cannabis, IME whats happening to you neurologically specifically on oral THC containing cannabis is complete opposite to what happens while under the influence of ayahuasca or its analogues etc, which im trying to understand if its just THC/THCa that has this effect, or does that also cross over to other cannabinoids, because while eating live cannabis flowers that contain THCa i observed the same effects in my brain and consciousness, while having many positive effects otherwise on my body and likely on inflammation levels, but that would say alot if such a thing doesn't happen with CBGa / CBG, i would be able to detect if that is the case, however i need to grow some CBG plant

have been reading your phalaris project thread dithyramb, enjoyable read, my home town is full of phalaris brachystachys and others, i had uprooted some and planted them a few years back, but never got to try them, now i feel more suited for such a thing however, i do believe a mixture of DMT and 5meo taken orally with harmalas is what im looking for personally, but i also appreciate pure DMT

i mix hemp and flax and some grain (ancient wheats, oats, ...) and lentils and mung and chickpea and black seeds and sprout them in a bag and use the mixture in my salads everyday, haven't personally tried sprouting many other things but im sure they can be great, also nearly ripe green seeds of any plants, these are quite nutrient dense and alive, i also suggest microgreens or greens grown in nutrient dense living soil

ZiPhi
#30 Posted : 1/16/2023 12:31:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I made my first salve today using the CBG. I started with decarb'd, powdered CBG flower and did several soaks of organic cane alcohol in a 500ml borosilicate crystalizing dish in a shallow hot water bath. I filtered each soak through a course stainless mesh, then finally all of it through a 200micron steel mesh mini-colander I constructed which worked incredibly well for the smaller particulates. I then reduced off the alcohol leaving 11g of a very thick oil/paste. I added about 400mg to a small test blend of avocado oil and beeswax back in the dish, melted to combine and poured into tins to cool.

So far, I'm very happy w the hardness at room temp. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works for the folks that use the tincture.
ZiPhi attached the following image(s):
cbgExtract1.jpg (49kb) downloaded 160 time(s).

Mitakuye Oyasin
#31 Posted : 1/16/2023 1:14:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ZiPhi congrats on the Canna-salve. Looks good. I have found salves made with Cannabis very beneficial. I use 2g of decarbed THC oil mixed into 2 oz of refined coconut and avocado oil. Works well on local neck and back pain when rubbed into muscles. I've also made blends with 2g decarbed THC oil with 1g each CBG and CBG distillate which have roughly 600mg per gram of Canna goodies. This helps with pain and also inflammation in muscles. A pea sized bit rubbed into muscles seems to do the trick. Family members seem to use and like these blends as well.
— Terence McKenna

Espurrr
#32 Posted : 1/16/2023 9:06:44 AM

looks amazing, does it work better topically for some cases than orally?

downwardsfromzero
#33 Posted : 1/16/2023 4:22:06 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Espurrr wrote:
looks amazing, does it work better topically for some cases than orally?

I've definitely found beneficial effects from topical use of CBD hemp-infused oil on a couple of substantially different inflammatory conditions. Good for muscles but it loses efficacy on eczema after some point - whether that's through degradation or physical tolerance I can't say.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

BundleflowerPower
#34 Posted : 1/28/2023 4:33:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I like this topic. everybody said weed wont work if one were to eat it straight up. How rigorous is that though? Terence Mckenna said the ancients ate weed. Did they decarboxilate it? It's like it being said that psychotria isnt psychoactive without caapi. Yet psychotria is psychoactive without caapi.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#35 Posted : 1/28/2023 10:01:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Eating THC-A is like a completely different substance than eating decarbed THC. I think there are benefits to each, just depends on what you want out of it and understanding how each works within your body.

I have many friends that smoking Sativa vs Indica are the same for them. No real difference. For me there is a huge difference. Pure Sativas are like drinking a double espresso, very stimulating but almost no pain relief. Indicas are more sedative and not stimulating but help with pain relief. I can fall asleep on Indicas, but not Sativas. Every body is different and each body interprets and uses these substances differently. And bodies can change and adapt over time. I used to love eating decarbed THC when younger, now every time I try it is challenging and difficult, heavy bodyload, core temp drop, anxiety, rough ride for hours. Does not matter if it is decarbed Sativa or Indica, it hits me all the same when eaten. Smoked or vaped is no problem, thankfully. Maybe this will change one day. I hope so.
— Terence McKenna

ZiPhi
#36 Posted : 2/20/2023 5:35:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
ZiPhi congrats on the Canna-salve. Looks good... these blends as well.

Thanks much for the tip on the avocado/coconut oil blend. I may have to try that out on the next batch. It has been working incredibly well for my jacked up shoulder. Like downwardsfromzero is saying, the CBG has been working great on muscular and soft tissue issues.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#37 Posted : 2/23/2023 2:49:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ZiPhi, one other combination you might want to try with your balms since you are using them for muscle and soft tissue pain and discomfort is to try adding a little bit of Arnica and/or Menthol to one tin and see how that works for you. For me, the Arnica & Menthol combo seems to drive the Cannabis goodies deeper into the muscle and tissue than not using it. I found this out years ago when I bought some tins of balm at the local health store instead of making from scratch. They had one plain version and one with Arnica and Menthol. I had used Arnica by itself both topically and internally (homeopathic pills) and it works well for muscle inflammation. I infused the same amount of decarbed THC and CBD/CBG into both tins and the one that worked best for deep muscle pain was the one with Arnica & Menthol. Might be worth a try.

Mitakuye Oyasin attached the following image(s):
AnicaMentholBalm.jpg (46kb) downloaded 68 time(s).
— Terence McKenna

PsyloCiBeen
#38 Posted : 2/28/2023 8:44:21 PM

In Silence I Been

BundleflowerPower wrote:
I like this topic. everybody said weed wont work if one were to eat it straight up. How rigorous is that though? Terence Mckenna said the ancients ate weed. Did they decarboxilate it? It's like it being said that psychotria isnt psychoactive without caapi. Yet psychotria is psychoactive without caapi.

Hi BundleflowerPower.. Im not sure of how rigorous as in tested throughout time but generally from personal experience, I have eaten straight weed in highschool, mixed it with my cabbage sandwich, haha electric lettuce mixed with cabbage, I thought it was pretty clever, all I got for it was stomach cramps. Weed even dried in the sun, decarbs, leave it long enough, curing in the sun and it will become active. I have drunk tea made from sundried weed leaves alone and got a very nice buzz from the result...

ZiPhi your salve looks amazing, awesome stuff
mama matrix most mysterious

In the gforce of the carrier wave when my ego starts melting away I truly realize that I am who I am and yet everything that I say and say I did is an illusion. Any similarities in any name, form or experiences to a human being (past, present or future) is purely coincidental and no harm was intended first do harmalas

PREV12