We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Difference between cacti experiences(?) Options

m3dt3ch
#21 Posted : 1/24/2023 4:34:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Grey Fox wrote:
Wolfnippletip wrote:
FWIW I cleaned up some full spectrum Mescaline Acetate (from Bridgesii) with Methyl Ethyl Ketone and capped up the left over alkaloids. IIRC I did about 300 - 350 mgs of the stuff. It was definitely psychoactive. I would describe the experience as being like mescaline but without the fireworks. The mescaline acetate instantly crashed out into a white-ish solid in the MEK but how much mescaline was still left in the gooey leftovers I don't know.

Surprisingly, the ratio of mescaline acetate to other alkaloids was almost exactly 50/50 by weight. Don't know if anything other than mescaline acetate crashed out.

This is such a fascinating report Wolfnippletip! I wonder what those other alkaloids were? Experiments like this are exactly what we need in order to better understand these cacti. I wonder what mass spectrometry would reveal about those other alkaloids?

There's a good point, replicate the procedure then send the non-mesc alks to be tested.

CosmicLion wrote:
I ALWAYS chase the syrup with this. Essentially, a shot of fresh made raw ginger-juice, with 10 drops of Lemon Balm essential oil, and a few drops of Peppermint essential oil.

Really glad you've shared this, I'm underway prepping 4ft of San Pedro right now and this will help keep it down. I've tried ginger extract tablets recently to help hold down HBWR rum and they just had their own nausea for a good hour or two before they started working. Means I was waiting hours past when I hoped to dose just to settle my stomach again. This sounds much better, thank you.

Oh yeah, did some digging since I've re-sparked my interest in this topic again. I've found more anecdotal evidence of peruvian being less psychedelic and more different in character to pach. This, combined with the link to a more analytical thread endlessness shared sort of reinforces that it's at least weaker. Maybe I was initially misremembering what I've read about their comparison, a lot of that info came from paraphrasing what I read years back. I'd be very interested to see some intentional digging on what else is in it and the ratio like was said above.

Also, looking further into the data from endlessness' thread. A lot of the data was taken from forum users performing extractions, though can we really count on that as representative? Each user may use different solvents and differ in the way they practice the procedure. Surely concrete evidence would be that which is done with a more consistent, transparent, scientific approach.

I don't know much about how samples are studied, is it possible for a tea to be dried down to resin and given for analysis? I'm guessing in studies the alkaloids aiming to be measured and observed are separated as much as they can from things like sugars and solids to make them clearer to detect. I'm just thinking a tea / resin appears to maintain the full spectrum of alkaloids far more consistently than an advanced extract from what I've read, so would be the best point to analyse the content besides fresh material.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Grey Fox
#22 Posted : 1/28/2023 8:24:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is an example from Reddit that is similar to what Wolfnippletip reported. The OP performed an extraction with xylene and then washed it with mek substitute. A large amount of non-mescaline precipitate was left over. 42 various Trichocereus were used.

https://www.reddit.com/r...mescaline_precipitation/
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

m3dt3ch
#23 Posted : 1/28/2023 9:10:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Grey Fox wrote:
Here is an example from Reddit that is similar to what Wolfnippletip reported. The OP performed an extraction with xylene and then washed it with mek substitute. A large amount of non-mescaline precipitate was left over. 42 various Trichocereus were used.

https://www.reddit.com/r...mescaline_precipitation/

Dang, that's pretty brand new too. Thanks for sharing that.

Also does he mean 42 different cacti or a specific genetics called 42 trichocereus? Idk if I'm being dumb but to me it reads as a bit ambiguous.

Grey Fox
#24 Posted : 1/28/2023 10:15:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

He gives more detail in this other post.

https://www.reddit.com/r...g_packed_for_shipping_i/

Unfortunately it may require a Reddit account to view these posts due to the subreddit.

Edit:
Here is the actual extraction.

https://www.reddit.com/r...fresh_cactus_extraction/
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Toshido
#25 Posted : 1/29/2023 10:44:29 PM

Research & Development

Grey Fox wrote:

With all that said, the species that has stood out most to me compared to the others is Bridgesii. It has always been the strongest and most visual. And it has always been the one that is most likely to cause unpleasant bodyload.

Probably the most frustrating thing to me during my career as a psychonaut would be the fact that you can't have intense visuals without a mind load and body load. Plenty I haven't tried, so that's only true for my entheogendex. The closest I've experienced to being completely comfortable and aware with no body load (muscle tension, joint pain, clammy skin) and mind load (anxiety, fidgety, etc) is from DMT.

If anyone wants to shout out a longer duration psychedelic with no body or mind load please educate me! As to me, it seems like you can't have visuals without the rest.
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

dragonrider
#26 Posted : 1/29/2023 11:01:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

widderic wrote:
Grey Fox wrote:

With all that said, the species that has stood out most to me compared to the others is Bridgesii. It has always been the strongest and most visual. And it has always been the one that is most likely to cause unpleasant bodyload.

Probably the most frustrating thing to me during my career as a psychonaut would be the fact that you can't have intense visuals without a mind load and body load. Plenty I haven't tried, so that's only true for my entheogendex. The closest I've experienced to being completely comfortable and aware with no body load (muscle tension, joint pain, clammy skin) and mind load (anxiety, fidgety, etc) is from DMT.

If anyone wants to shout out a longer duration psychedelic with no body or mind load please educate me! As to me, it seems like you can't have visuals without the rest.

Cannabis works great against that unpleasant bodyload. Edibles hugely amplify visual and psychedelic effects. And that is the only downside: the synergy is so powerfull that many people find the combination to intense.

4-HO-MET, aka metocin, is a very visual psychedelic, with almost no bodyload or mental confusion. It is a bit boring by itself, but taken with other psychedelics, it makes them much more visual. That is also true for AL-LAD, though AL-LAD is a little more intense than metocin.

Toshido
#27 Posted : 1/30/2023 4:48:25 AM

Research & Development

dragonrider wrote:

Cannabis works great against that unpleasant bodyload. Edibles hugely amplify visual and psychedelic effects. And that is the only downside: the synergy is so powerfull that many people find the combination to intense.

4-HO-MET, aka metocin, is a very visual psychedelic, with almost no bodyload or mental confusion. It is a bit boring by itself, but taken with other psychedelics, it makes them much more visual. That is also true for AL-LAD, though AL-LAD is a little more intense than metocin.

Thank you! Unfortunately, I have an extremely low tolerance for Cannabis and always seem to overdo it. But well dosed edibles that I can partition into my body have been my preferred method lately. Don't laugh, but I cut 10mg gummies into four 2.5mg pieces haha.

Well now you've peaked my curiosity. I have never heard of Metocin or AL-LAD. I shall begin my research now. I appreciate the info, dragonrider.
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Twilight Person
#28 Posted : 2/14/2023 2:48:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Al-LAD was quite common in Europe after 1P-LSD got illegal.

And this again is the ongoing work from a guy in Holland - you can see some Arte Reportage about him on Youtube. His idea is creating safe and more manageable LSD-analogues with possibly shorter duration (no idea if that's truly the case or just marketing to make them sound more newcomer-friendly).

Al-LAD was one of his works (though already synthesized first by Albert Hoffmann IIRC) but also banned now, so you will not come across it again probably.

I think the current one is 1D-LSD but no idea if it is also more towards Al-LAD than to other Lysergamides - but then also no idea if these have a big difference at all altogether. Just heard Al-LAD would be quite visual in general, so maybe there is a difference. Still it is not produced by this guy anymore so at least in Europe it will probably not be a thing again ...

At this point I might also ask:

Why is there even ANY 'legal LSD' analogue? I was thinking that ALL analogues are now banned with Research-Chemical-Laws that will restrict everything at once. So I was wondering if all research chemicals from every group (PEA / Lysergamides / Tryptamines) are now banned, how can 1D (the current one) be 'legal LSD'??
~ O ~

m3dt3ch
#29 Posted : 2/20/2023 12:20:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

widderic wrote:
dragonrider wrote:

Thank you! Unfortunately, I have an extremely low tolerance for Cannabis and always seem to overdo it. But well dosed edibles that I can partition into my body have been my preferred method lately. Don't laugh, but I cut 10mg gummies into four 2.5mg pieces haha.

Well now you've peaked my curiosity. I have never heard of Metocin or AL-LAD. I shall begin my research now. I appreciate the info, dragonrider.

I had a friend who really advised against AL-LAD, he said it was one of the ugliest and most unbearable experiences he's had. I think it's important to mention that these research chemicals can be far more inconsistent with dosing and also can lead to more unpredictable effects or personal differences. A lot seem to be a bit more consistent though some can have this roulette feel or be genuinely unbearable. It may be best to allergy test these and work your way up if you're going to try them. See this warning: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...egory:Research_Chemicals

As for intense experiences without a body-load, you're asking on the right thread for it. Mescaline cacti can give such incredibly beautiful visuals that they may make you cry, for many many hours. All without much if any body load at all in my experience, though I have only been using San Pedro and as was said in this thread Bolivian Torch may have. A plus side to this is it can be made and consumed in a natural way for a far more intense experience per dosage than isolated mescaline.

You may also be able to use Caapi to amplify experiences, though there are a lot of risks involved with interactions when taking this, you'll need to research it and remember to follow a strict diet before and during consumption. I have never used this though, so I'm not sure whether it creates a body load. It definitely does significantly amplify most of the things I've heard it taken with.

doubledog
#30 Posted : 2/21/2023 11:34:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Twilight Person wrote:

At this point I might also ask:

Why is there even ANY 'legal LSD' analogue? I was thinking that ALL analogues are now banned with Research-Chemical-Laws that will restrict everything at once. So I was wondering if all research chemicals from every group (PEA / Lysergamides / Tryptamines) are now banned, how can 1D (the current one) be 'legal LSD'??

Afaik, in some countries, particular substance have to be explicitely put on the list of banned substances to be illegal.
I am not an expert, but believe that mainly US and UK banned all analogues and RC's, but at least part of Europe adopted different approach. So some LSD analogues are temporarily available, until they are included in the list.

PREV12