We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
performance dial and healthier vaping ..S/B plenty vape improvment...! Options

starway7
#1 Posted : 12/29/2022 2:45:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For those who still own a ..Storz and Bickel..desktop...[ plenty vape...

This is a take off from my older thread in ...[ vaping and smoking ]...
One can read the whole early story... from beginning of my ..trial and eror... attempt to use ,...the plenty vape .. for waxes...oils.. and crystals.....

This is for people who still own a plenty vape gathering dust in a closet..I believe one can get it out of storage and start using it!

If one reads my older thread in.. [ vaping and smoking]..
to..[improving the plenty vaporizer]..this was a trial and error effort to make the ...storz and bickel... [[Plenty desk top Vape]... work better with waxes and crystal product...without waste..

The....expensive.. plenty vape... [[was origionally intended for vaping..[ dry herbs!]].... and worked super well for this ... and produced the ...highest quality convection vapor... concevivly possible!

If one researches the subject you will find past attempts to use ..plenty.. for.. free base/waxes] or crystals...and the results were ...varying..many reports that it took twice the product to get reasonable results..

[one report said it worked well with ..Changa... [ product infused into cappi leaf]

Well after my positive results with ..E MESH CONVECTION...i decided to get the .. plenty vape.. out again.. and try something with it...

with ..plenty vape.. i decided to try the ..multi mesh method.. with the plenty..

The results are starting to get promising!

question......

Is Storz and Bickel still in business?

STORZ & BICKEL is currently the only company worldwide to produce medical herbal Hot Air Generators. The CRAFTY and MIGHTY, STORZ & BICKEL's first battery-powered devices enter the market at the same time.

this is an on going trial and error test with the plenty vaporizer ..
starway7 attached the following image(s):
DSC00588.JPG (2,878kb) downloaded 545 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

starway7
#2 Posted : 12/31/2022 9:52:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Now ..After trying something different with vaporizer...!

The first idea..I then thought the ..regular large chamber.. worked better! instead of the smaller reduced chamber..

I think my plenty will work just fine! the way it is..

If i use the lowest screen ..[just above].. the heater..this brings the product closer to heat source].

Now trying the finer 200mesh..it holds product in place nicely!

But the 150 mesh should also work!

Plentys quality convection vapor ..... may not look as thick as conduction vapor.... but the effects are very gentle smooth .. effective.... .....and pleasing.. [at a Low. Dose]......no jolt...no anxiety.. just smooth as a breese!..Thumbs up just wanted to sit down and relax..

he thinks the set up will work well with your choice of..oils..crystals ..or waxes Thumbs up

But.. [with plenty]...[if you cant find one... [whole peice of screen].. to cover area]...one must inlay strips of ..fine mesh.. on top of lowest screen..the the top stem holder..screws on will keep it in place!

[although.. the multi mesh method.. may also work fine .. by lining the .large chamber. with fine mesh.. because its not that far from the heating chamber]

just decided to use the.. lowest.. closest screen... to the heat source.. plus.. [lining the lower screen]...may?. act like a heat cap.. causing the hot air in chamber to rise higher after it clicks off..before taking hit...

In fact... I believe the the chamber heat .. DOES!.. rise some after it clicks off.... because 1 or 2 minutes later after it shuts off...the body of vaporizer feels hotter as heat increases in chamber..

also found...it works best with [the large ..original chamber!! because it allows max hot air through..

when tryed the ..reduced chamber.. i think it restricted air flow too much .. ...and the metal around it absorbed and wasted a fair amount of heat..

The large origional chamber..allows all the hot air through better and wastes less heat!

will send photos of how i inlayed the fine mesh...into lowest screen ..above heater..

update,...SUCESS!Smile
product test..plenty set only at no 6.setting...
after it reaches temperature and shuts off... DONT!... take pull right away!...wait 1 or 2 minutes
before taking a slow long hit....and this convection vapor will amaze you!!

Also find after it clicks off.. waiting atleast..1 or 2 minutes....the temperature must increase in the heat chamber some...

So. after waiting [only one and a half minutes].. .... took a hit..and got the most constant visibly thicker!! ..convection vapor EVER WITH PLENTY!! !!Thumbs up

It was extreemly..tastless ..a much lighter vapor than conduction.. ..

.....not the often ... [white thick acidic vapor] .. you can experiance with conduction vapes..

also found that after one or two hits...there was still more visibly thick vapor left in it!

[kinda like a more ..[casual but strong..hitter]..with even more hits left in it... he wasnt getting it all in one hit..but didnt need to... it was so strong...

using this method... It was much more ..[visibly thicker]... [more vapor] ...but still light.. like inhaling AIR!

[[TWO things.. that improved ..plenty for ...crystals..or waxes.!. was to get it pre melted in the fine mesh that i placed on the ...[lowest screen].. that sits on the heater...

This method ... produced a lot more.. [visable and invisable]..convection vapor!

pictures coming .. showing how to inlay the fine mesh on the lowest heater screen ...

in photos you see how i cut the ..[200 fine stainless mesh].. and by criss crossing ..covered most of the corse screen ... and layed it in as flat as possible..

[keep the mesh strips as flat as possible!...

[only use mesh strips.. if you cant find a larger single peice of mesh to cover heater]

Make shure the fine mesh strips are laying as flat as possible!...then pre melt product into fine mesh]...then screw on rest of unit including pipe stem...then... when it clicks off..... waite....1 or 2 minutes more.... take slow long hit.......

One could try the origional metal stem ..[it may work ok... but... .. i wouldent use the origional plenty stem...

for a pipe stem..I would use.. copper..brass...aluminum ..or steel..preferibly a glass stem with bubbler.. if you can find one that fits..

[ it is suspected ] the origional ...plenty twisted metal stem ....may cool too fast?..possibly causing some of product.. to condense and crystalize too fast.. inside the metal tubbing..before it gets to you....
[but this is just a theory] .. it may still work ok.. using this vaping method?

this method should work well for ... waxes..oils..crystals with plenty vape....if done right...no more need to waste extra product..

remember!.. wait 1 or 2 minutes before taking hit...after it shuts off....you will get more clouds that way...

Also.. dont expect ..convection vapor.. to look quite the same as ..conduction vapor....
.convection is a more pure vapor..with pure effect...

[in photo using .. [amber colored vegetable glisern]....[to represent your choice of product]....[..your looking at only possibly 8 or 9 mgs of this oil]..

[[ AS read in Book]].....convection vapor experiance.. ...only less than 10 mgs ..
I pushed the button and the unit heated up...after the heating unit shut off..i waited a minute longer .. then took a slow long hit...
To his surprise..the convection vapor swirlled up the glass stem to its target..

The vapor was as light as air!..no coughing!.. tastless and gentle...the effects came on within a minute..
[from this less than 10mg dose].. I suddenly got this very pleasnt buzz../feeling of well being ..as i became very calm..i decided to relax and sit down..

he thought to him self what if i used 20..or 30 mgs?

[no sudden jolt..no anxiety...just sudden sane peace] came upon me] everything was now calm and peacfull..
Everything around me suddenly took on a look of beauty..the floor..the walls.. every object in the room became interesting..as if everything was alive!
Suddenly ..Every thing in the room..the floor... the walls..light sockets..pictures on the wall.. took on a shiny plastic like look..
Felt very comfortable..like i was being readied for something i was travelig towards....

different products could be mixed with ../pg vg].... or just ..[vegetable glisern] ..and simply dropered onto the fine mesh ..
Or simply.. pre melt the pure product into the fine mesh...

a bubbler was used with the vape..pictured below...

It is believed the storz /bickel..[plenty vape].. was an under apreciated... .. super vape .. that just needed to be discovered!

1/3/2023 .. improvement!..
Bottom 8 pictures im using only one ..storiz and bickel ..volcano/plenty.. .. screen... after trimming it to lay on top of coarse heater screen..

[last two pictures shows melted product sitting on top of screen waiting to be .convection vaped.
heat up on number 6...click off...this time waited about a minute..this low dose [about 6-7 mgs] vaporized fine..

convection vapor.. experiance report....2012..
Am noticing with this kind of ..[ convection vapor..[[come up... is more gentle but very effective! And..that part of this vapor ..is sometimes near invisable to the eye and tastless!....but once inhaled.. the effects are quite noticable...and for those who only wants the light experiance... even as little as 6mgs! ...can produce light CEVs ! .. convection vapor is a bit different from conduction vapor...more pure and undamaged by heat..

the plenty is pretty nice!... use lowest screen.. for waxes..crystals ..oils...!

And one can use the ..[large regular chamber]....that sits very close just above the heater..
..[11th picture down]... for dry herbs..or CHANGA!

Two pictures below.. [ show .. melted product .. locked on..to.. [finer screen]. wating to be vaporized... the storz and bickel screen appears to be about an ...[80 to 100 mesh screen]

duel purpose vape! ...Thumbs up

the Storz /Bickel screen isnt as fine as the.. 150/200.. mesh strips.. but...passed the test fine... its about an 80 to 100 mesh screen.. and may work.. better..than the super fine 200 mesh screen ..

One whole screen.. shure looks better!Thumbs up

Is Storz and Bickel still in business?
STORZ & BICKEL is currently the only company worldwide to produce medical herbal Hot Air Generators. The CRAFTY and MIGHTY, STORZ & BICKEL's first battery-powered devices enter the market at the same time.

https://youtu.be/prBaZzYmQrI

[if a plenty owner trys this method please share your experiance...!Thumbs up
DSC00562.JPG (3,014kb) downloaded 634 time(s).
DSC00563.JPG (2,857kb) downloaded 633 time(s).
DSC00564.JPG (2,703kb) downloaded 633 time(s).
DSC00566.JPG (2,888kb) downloaded 635 time(s).
DSC00567.JPG (2,868kb) downloaded 632 time(s).
DSC00570.JPG (3,065kb) downloaded 635 time(s).
DSC00571.JPG (2,878kb) downloaded 634 time(s).
DSC00575.JPG (3,015kb) downloaded 633 time(s).
DSC00577.JPG (3,000kb) downloaded 635 time(s).
DSC00581.JPG (2,724kb) downloaded 634 time(s).
DSC00578.JPG (2,678kb) downloaded 634 time(s).
DSC00565.JPG (2,724kb) downloaded 603 time(s).
DSC00568.JPG (2,960kb) downloaded 603 time(s).
DSC00569.JPG (2,682kb) downloaded 604 time(s).
DSC00579.JPG (2,912kb) downloaded 581 time(s).
DSC00580.JPG (2,792kb) downloaded 582 time(s).
DSC00582.JPG (2,993kb) downloaded 580 time(s).
DSC00583.JPG (2,870kb) downloaded 581 time(s).
DSC00584.JPG (2,702kb) downloaded 579 time(s).
DSC00585.JPG (2,713kb) downloaded 579 time(s).
DSC00586.JPG (2,722kb) downloaded 577 time(s).
DSC00587.JPG (2,748kb) downloaded 579 time(s).

starway7
#3 Posted : 1/14/2023 5:50:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Performance Dial for Plenty Vape...

May?... have found a hack to bring up the plenty temperature .. up a little].. for better performance...

will try this idea on the plenty and see if the temp can be raised some?...

not positive yet..but it appears all one needs to do.. is ..cut or file the temperature

..dial stop off.... [or compleatly remove the dial stop ring] ... this will allow one to turn the

dial a little farther .. and .. increase or reduce? tension on the.. [temp].. control spring..]

..so one can turn it to a ..[higher or lower].. temperature...[mark the new ..max temp.. position on dial .. with a permanant fine tip marker pen]...

the more tension or less tension on the temp control spring..

This should make the vape stay on longer... before reaching set temperature... .[causing a temperture rise....i hope.. dont go too far!.. ,,just a little at a time...enough to bring the temp up to .. 320F to get 160C ... or a little higher...

make shure device is ..[[un plugged!!!]Wink ..when working on it..[dont want to get shocked!]....there is a lot of power going into that vape...!

[ one will need a .. ..security torque bit... that fits... with nut driver... to remove the screws holding the case together] pretty easy..

[[go to page posted on bottom]]...post 2,987....has pictures and info ...this hack i wasnt aware of...not being an electrical expert..this can be done carefully with unit safley un plugged..

just be carefull... [dont wreck your vape] make shure device is un plugged!

I hope this works..because... [acording to the ..[wireless temperature reader]... its only getting up to 250F .. But my reader could be wrong?

...and it should get a little higher ...closer to 320F ...for better more efficient

vaping... [there is a ,,small posibility.. my temp reader is off some?

Also the fact that ...[the plentys temperature guage sensor] .. is deep inside the heat chamber.. and my temp readers lazer [red dot] cant reach that spot inside the heater to give a 100 percent correct reading? is posible..

[different vaping temps can give different vaping effects]/...

If the heat control is advanced a little..using this hack.. [mark it] ..

it seems the device gets a little hotter... for a short time.. after it clicks off ...

dont set temp dial so hot that it starts melting the plastic!...just advance it a little at a time...then read the temp ..[you want at least 320F.. equaling 160C for vaping..

havent tryed this hack yet...not 100 percent shure it will work...but the poster claims it worked great for his plenty...

[[plenty vaporizer//PAGE 119... post 2,987..

copy and paste all the words below..... for google search...

[[PLENTY Vaporizer | Page 119https://fuckcombustion.com › ... › Plug-in Vaporizers
Mar 24, 2021 — Storz & Bickel Plenty Vaporizer Circuit Repair. Hello EP Forums, I found this hub while trying to fix my device. I'm looking to see if I can ...

test one...[so far [with wireless temp reader].. am observing the temperature go up as high as 282F...using this hack..
I turned the dial past number 7... equal distance as shown on dial..[to an imagenary number 8]...
turned on vape and when it clicked off...the needle was pegged ..
[[needle couldent go any farther].. it was past the red...it defenantly got hotter!

have noticed using method above... more vapor came faster! only waited 1/2 minute...to take a hit after it shut off....
so it does work!.. and should be safe if you dont turn the dial too far..and it safley turns itself off at some point!

Would use a bubbler with it to cool the vapor...or maybe the origional metal whip might work?

second test... using a little more product..turned the dial past number 7 about 8...a little lesser distance..

But this time got a THICK HITThumbs up ! this is uncommon with a ...[stock un altered plenty vape]..

Still think it was a little too hot??....[because it started to develope a taste..? and effects

were not as strong as using number 6 setting... that gave very light vapor that was clean and effective]] .... i think it needs more adjustment ...

[adjust the dial a little cooler]...this is a trial and error test...

This is the first time...[ with melted crystal].. i got a thick hit with the plenty!..
its similar to conduction E mesh vapor thickness...only im using hot air convection..

atleast now.. the plenty temperature can be adjusted up.. past factory settings just by removing the .. [temperature dial stop!.. Thumbs up

must find the sweet spot on dial...i think..hot air... ...can also be hard on the vapor quality ...if not set correctly..

read about plenty hack.. . copy and paste ..[words below.].on google search....

[[[PLENTY Vaporizer | Page 119https://fuckcombustion.com › ... › Plug-in Vaporizers
Mar 24, 2021 — Storz & Bickel Plenty Vaporizer Circuit Repair. Hello EP Forums, I found this hub while trying to fix my device. I'm looking to see if I can ...

[[[plenty vaporizer//PAGE 119... post 2,987..[

[[read post...
Jul 29, 2022
#3,072
My plenty was gathering dust on my shelf for the last few years. I saw the posts here about modding the max temperature. Id actually been thinking it was possible for a while based on the mechanism. So I took it apart (needs torx screwdriver bit) and then used a dremel to get rid of that notch inside that stops you setting the temperature any higher.

It worked a treat! Gets as hot as I want it now. I havent used it on the max setting possible, if you imagine the wheel I've been keeping it at around "8" rather than the new max of "9".
seatsniffer, Jul 29, 2022
LikeLove ReactionsVery happyzoinp, Vitolo, howie105 and 3 others

Third test. ... PLENTY.. .SUCCESS!!!Twisted Evil

update as read from this chapter ...

gave it a third try .. 10mg or less [pure product only]

since the last test.. [test two]..was too hot.. swim reduced the vape dial.. to only .. 7.. 1/2 [seven and one half!] on the scale..

After laying a small peice of pipe screen that still contained a little product on it.. on top of the mesh screen that sat on top of the heater

I only increased the temp ..one half degree ..beyond the maximum factory 7... also plugged up the carb hole on the bubbler. before taking long slow pull...

Then after the plenty....[reached temp]. and clicked off... I only waited ..[30 seconds!]....then took a slow gentle hit..

OMG!Thumbs up ONE fairly thick hit of ..almost tasteless .[super clean vapor!!Thumbs up swirled up the stem into the bubbler to its target..

As i read the next chapter . swim was so delighted! ..at the gentle but strong effects..

AND....Almost all of the product vaporized all at once..!!! nothing wasted .. or burnt!!

Then had to sit down .. feeling no stress..at all from the 10mg or less come up...it was like some one laying a soft warm blanket over you.. it was that gentle..but effective !!!!

Then still with eyes open.. the visuals ..[both .. eye candy.and emotional].. tryed to appear even in front of his open eyes!!... as piano music merged into the experiance... even with that low of a dose! [this must be very pure!.. swim said to himself...

He goes on to say in book...so this is what.. [very pure]..[not a trace of burnt product].. feels like!!

its worlds apart .. from the ..usual partly burnt..
and partly vaped light..

So just one half a degree beyond setting 7..may be the sweet spot !!

if it isnt perfect it very close!!Love

what a book!

Must read more! Thumbs up

DSC00004.JPG (2,862kb) downloaded 516 time(s).
DSC00005.JPG (2,629kb) downloaded 515 time(s).
DSC00006.JPG (2,614kb) downloaded 513 time(s).
DSC00007.JPG (3,102kb) downloaded 515 time(s).
DSC00008.JPG (2,966kb) downloaded 515 time(s).
DSC00010.JPG (3,253kb) downloaded 514 time(s).
DSC00013.JPG (2,531kb) downloaded 440 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 1/16/2023 2:13:42 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Storz and Bickel does at least seem to still be in business based on how their website looks. I read that they have discontinued the liquid pads, but they still sell the mesh filling pads though.

It strikes me that the Plenty is kind of like a glue gun with a thermostat and a filling chamber for herbs - hmmmm....
A ghetto hack might be on the cards.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

starway7
#5 Posted : 1/17/2023 1:38:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Third test. ... PLENTY.. .SUCCESS!!!

update as read from this chapter ...

Swim..gave it a third try .. 10mg or less [pure product only]

since the last test.. [test two]..was too hot.. he reduced the vape dial.. to only .. 7.. 1/2 [seven and one half!] on the scale..

After laying a small peice of pipe screen that still contained ..[very little].. product on it.. on top of the mesh screen that sat on top of the heater

He only increased the temp ..one half degree ..beyond the maximum factory number ..7 ..stop position... also plugged up the carb hole on the bubbler. before taking long slow pull...

So after the plenty ..reached temperature.. and clicked off...he waited only..[30 seconds!]....then took a slow gentle hit..

OMG! Thumbs up ONE fairly thick hit of ..almost tasteless .[super clean vapor!! Thumbs up swirled up the stem into the bubbler to its target..

As i read the next chapter . swim was so delighted! ..at the gentle but strong effects..

AND....Almost all of the product vaporized all at once..!!! nothing wasted .. or burnt!!

He had to sit down .. feeling ..no stress .. or anxiety at all.. from the 10mg or less come up...

It was like some one laying a soft warm blanket over me he said .. it was calming and gentle!..but .. still...VERY..effective!..

Then still with eyes open.. the visuals ..[both .. eye candy.and emotional].. emerged in front of

his open eyes!!...[how can this happen on such a low dose?]... as piano music melded into the

experiance.. it came on so gentle ..but so strong...

[this must be very pure vapor!.. he thought!...

He goes on to say in book...so this is what.. [very pure vapor].. [SP] totally undamaged by heat].. is like!!

its worlds apart! .. from the ..usual partly burnt..and partly vaped light!

So just one half a degree beyond setting 7..may be the sweet spot !!

if it isnt perfect... it very close!! Love

what a book!

Must read more! Thumbs up

He found.. that.. [different temperatures].. ..[aplyed to product].. while vaping ..[pure light only].. can produce a range of different experiances..

[different temperatures=different experiance quality..]

from a scale of 1 to 5...i would say ...the more pure and un damaged the light is...

The more rewarding and positive the experiance is...especially at low doses...

With this method.. using the plenty..when temp dial set right...[no waste of product] tastless and clean vapor!.. [simpler to use].. than even the volcano...

At higher doses with plenty??... as of yet .. for me.. .. is un charted territory.

[had the plenty vape been fully digital.....[like the volcano]....it would not have been possible for most people to hack it..

But ...since its old school.. [ANALOG]..using a ..simpler mechanical device.. for temp control .. adjusting it to a higher temperature was much easier..Thumbs up

Also...[i was very surprised!.. to find out... S/B plenty vapes.. can still be had ..brand new .. from Germany!]Thumbs up

end of this chapter....

Update!! 1/20/2023

continuing my reading in this book below...

Understand this is a ,,,[trial and error attempt].... to make plenty compatable with.. waxes...crystal..oils

A statement i made earlier about the reduced chamber [ may be blocking flow?] .. and absorbing too much heat...to the contrary..stainless steel doesnt conduct heat all that well ..so it isnt absorbing that much of the heat..

[If air temperature is ..[high enough]...and [EVEN].. it shouldent matter much.. if a little heat gets absorbed into the stainless reducer chamber steel bowl frame...

Im hoping that the smaller reduced chamber will cause more concintrated hot air to be funneled through it improving vape performance..

So the reduced plenty chamber was tryed again .. adding a peice of finer screen on top of the stock screen...then melting product in place..

This test with the ..[bowl reducer].. with the advantage of the ..[hacked temp dial].. [set on 7 1/2]... came out much much better!.. in terms of performance!

Now using bowl reducer...once I ran the temp dial only to... [mid range]... about 260F ..the product melted very quickly into the mesh!

Using a very small amount of product..after a heat up set on dial position.. 7and one half.
.[7 1/2]... very clean vapor came quickly...

the vapor results so far using the reduced chamber..is promising!

next test to try the reduced chamber ..with a larger amount of product..will tell more later..

to be continued..

next chapter..

It reads... using the reduced smaller chamber...i set the plenty to .. seven and one half... on dial...waited for it to click off...then waited 40 seconds more...

Then took hit..noticed the convection vapor .. was not as white.. as conduction vapor....its actually harder to see..

After the hit i didnt hold it in long.. only wanted to see how much vapor came out..

Quite A lot of vapor! ... actually came out!... but more grey colored...so yes using position 7 1/2 on dial ... then wait 40 seconds more ...and the vapor came very quickly!

But Now that im using the ..[reduced chamber]...im thinking...maybe put the selector on number ..7..[or even position ..[6 1/2] next time on dial.... a little cooler .. temp... may give better quality vapor..?

Im thinking this... because of using the ....[reduced chamber]..... itself may have raised the

temperature more than i realized!

1/29/2023...
ps..[it may be possible to fashion ..[ a kind of reduced chamber].. cheaply]....by using two stainless steel washers...[sandwished together.with fine screen in middle hole].... with the right size outer diameter ....and inner hole measurment!

to be continued...

DSC00016.JPG (2,547kb) downloaded 363 time(s).
DSC00019.JPG (2,793kb) downloaded 324 time(s).
DSC00018.JPG (2,979kb) downloaded 324 time(s).
DSC00017.JPG (2,798kb) downloaded 324 time(s).
DSC00022.JPG (2,629kb) downloaded 320 time(s).
DSC00023.JPG (2,533kb) downloaded 322 time(s).

starway7
#6 Posted : 1/31/2023 3:16:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

... continueing to read about further tests using the ..plenty convection vaporizer..

And it reads in book.. Swim tryed again... lowering his temperature setting.. because he was using

the reduced... [smaller chamber]....[ with 2 fine screens in it]....and more concintrated hot air

moved through it..he decided to lower the temp..to only ...[6 .1/2] ...on the dial...

And as only a test..added a very tiny!!.. [5mgs]... of light... and watched the pure
product melt into the reduced chamber screens.. as the dial only reached half way ..about 260F...

Waited a little longer till the plenty clicked off at a higher temperature...then counted 35 seconds more..then ... took a slow long draw...[and this being only a test].. only holding the vapor in .. for only..3 or 4 seconds!

[[to make the most of it... it should have been held in atleast 15 or more seconds!]]

Since this was only a test .. swim did not hold the vapor very long ..[about three or 4 seconds] then exhaled quite a lot of fine convection vapor..

Swim exclamed in the book!...this was so tasteless and smooth!Thumbs up ...and how could such a tiny dose have such a strong positive effect??!!

Swim thought ... much! much!.. more positive experiance..than half vaped and half burnt light!

The low dose came on ..in a freindly and gentle way.. but still was strong in effect [and visual!.. ...just like going from one ..filtered baseline ..mind state.. to a more colorfull and positive one..

He thought to himself...WOW! .. with this quality of vapor... half a dose is like a full dose...!Thumbs up !!

In book.....Swim has found ..[[using the reduced chamber]]..with double screen]..

[set at 6 and 1/2 on dial].....works quite well [for pure light only!] and it wastes nothing!;

[was a success!!Thumbs up

starway7
#7 Posted : 2/3/2023 2:30:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

update on ..plenty convection vaporizer...

As it reads in book....

It appears now... that using the...... [reduced chamber]..... with plenty for ..waxes..crystals..oils alone... actually took away the need.. to hack the plenty dial.....unless you need more heat settings for larger bowls of herbal leaf materials..

Just using ..[[The bowl reducer] ..[smaller bowl] ... raised the vape temperature]].....[so setting

plenty vape dial at lower temp of only .. [6 1/2]... seemed to work very well....using a small

dose... of melted crystals.... the selected convection temperature... was very gentle on the molecule and

produced superior more pleasing results!

using two fine screens in chamber to hold product ...nothing seemed burnt at all!

i havent tryed yet but...a ...[ceramic vape disc].. might work in the reduced chamber!

At low doses...of less than ten mgs... the vapor quality was very enjoyable!... using bubbler... it was relaxing and euporic......clean tasting.. like taking in fresh air!... also no headache!

[ product infused cappi leaf].. may even work with the... reduced chamber !!

larger doses so far is uncharted as of now... but judging from positive effects of the low dose..
I expect.. it could be quite a journey! Thumbs up

update...2/9/2023

On next page it reads...Swim was elated at the undamaged purity of the convection vapor...
Then he decided to try an even lower setting on the plenty vape!
The vaporizer dial was lowered to number ..6...using the ..[small reduced chamber].. and a VERY small dose of product .. less than 8mgs of product!
He found that at number.. 6...on the temperature dial also worked with the small chamber!..then waiting 30 seconds more after it shut off...taking a hit...a very pure convection vapor came out...

At that temperature it took atleast 2 hits for swim to get it all...but it was so clean and effective!..a very positive experiance... he didnt mind climbing the latter ...a little slower... he knew he would still reach the 10th floor if he was patient...

It appears that convection vaping doesnt always vape the whole dose in one hit.. convection is more gentle on the product..[compaired to harsher super fast conduction vaping].. it seems possible that a larger dose... might go around 3 or 4 people before its spent? ..without waste!...

convection distributes one dose a bit slower .. in higher purity..and no waste ...the visibly thinner.. [undamaged].. vapor.. is so much more positive in effect .i think...

...than 60 percent vaped... and 40 percent burnt.. conduction vapor...

Swim has learned that if one is nice to the product...[and dont overheat it].. it can be nice to you..Thumbs up

Then swim thought to himself!...what if i make the reduced chamber even smaller! would the more concintrated heat... vape the whole dose in one hit?.. without destroying any of it?

Story to be continued...

[[After reading this much of the book...

i guess...its possible.. that one might be able to fashion a cheap home made ..[reducer chamber] by using a stainless steel washer with the right.. outer diamiter ! ...and inner hole diamiter !

Or just order a ...S B..plenty ...chamber reducer ...

DSC00040.JPG (1,647kb) downloaded 207 time(s).

starway7
#8 Posted : 2/11/2023 1:44:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim in next chapter.. trys a ceramic flavor disc ..and found it it wasnt good for producing high quality convection vapor..mainly because clean hot air from the plenty vape couldent get through the disc..
the ceramic disc wouldent alow enough air flow through it..

..So swim..tryes another idea and it seems to improve the plentys performance..even set on a lower temperature setting no 6 on the dial!

The product vaporized pretty good ...

in earlier test above..in last test on setting no 6..but didnt vape all the..pure light.. at once...

Then swim found that using a peice of ..[volcano wet pad].... [or compressed stainless scrubber pad]... ] [cut to size] [and placed on top of reduced chamber]... ..actually.. slowed down the heat loss quite well and made it vaporize more eficiantly!

And swim was able to vape most of the dose at once!Thumbs up

It was very clean..and VERY! EFFECTIVE!Thumbs up

very interesting reading...

tryed the instructions below..and it works!Big grin

...[steps in bottom picture arent really needed in that order]..

1... Simply... put one or two finer screens on top of reduced chamber screen..

2... [then... load ..light.. on top of finer screens...

3....then... put ..[compressed stainless chore boy pad]...or a peice of ..[stainless volcano wet pad]..
on top of product.. to slow down heat loss!

[remember!!.. the tighter you compress the steel wool].... the less air flow you will have....and the longer the hot air will stay in product]

[[So compress the stainless scrubber pad just enough!.. to alow proper air flow to get good convection results!

4.....put unit together...and turn it on...set to no 6 on temp dial...when the plenty clicks off... wait 30 seconds and take a long slow draw ...for real clean convection vapor!Thumbs up

[you dont have to see product melt into the fine screens]...it will do it..when it heats up..

very easy clean..and convienant! EFFECTS ARE DEPENDANT ON how pure product is]

https://youtu.be/UUYk3R-5c0E

https://youtu.be/VASywEuqFd8
DSC00051.JPG (2,709kb) downloaded 154 time(s).
DSC00053.JPG (2,137kb) downloaded 153 time(s).
DSC00054.JPG (2,506kb) downloaded 154 time(s).
DSC00055.JPG (2,639kb) downloaded 154 time(s).
DSC00057.JPG (2,629kb) downloaded 154 time(s).
DSC00058.JPG (2,845kb) downloaded 153 time(s).
DSC00059.JPG (2,821kb) downloaded 152 time(s).
DSC00056.JPG (2,993kb) downloaded 148 time(s).

starway7
#9 Posted : 2/18/2023 2:56:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

in this chapter...

Swim has decided to keep lowering the settings on the plenty vape untill it stops producing decent vapor..

So this time he jumps down to number... 5...temperature setting].. on the plenty..still using reduced chamber.. /one fine screen/..and a compresed pad on top of chamber to slow heat loss... only a tiny 5 or 6 mgs of product..

On setting 5...swim waited untill it clicked off...then 30 seconds later..took long slow drag..it tasted like clean air?...

but when swim exhaled ... after holding it in only.. 5 or 6. seconds..swim could see a lot of thin

almost invisable tastless vapor come out ... then it hit with an undescribable calmness!

and a dreamlike..effective gentleness...taking swim into a compleatly.. unfiltered... mellow mind state.. it seemed that just stareing at anything in the room was beautyfull...even the fibers in the carpet would open up as a near LSD type vision of inter weaved worlds within themselves .

First timers .. might really enjoy..this super pure... low dose gentleness,.. swim thought to himself!

After checking the chamber screen under a bright light ..almost all of the product was gone..

leaving only a couple tiny traces of un vaped product../and some left over dark residue that didnt
seem to be active product... ..... so it appears the plenty can...selectivly... target even the

tinyest amount of product and gently vape it to near perfection!.. leaving some unusable residue behind !

And also .. the ..[ reduced chamber].. [the fine holding screens]..and the compressed stainless pad]... work together to produce a very mellow experiance..Cool

[beginning to think] of trying the ..[compressed stainless pad].... on the high speed E mesh convection vapor system.. to improve vapor quality ..closer to quality that the plenty vape puts out!

This idea may be tryed in near future!... ....... https://youtu.be/xlquQRt6PfI

update...5/19/2023.
will be returning to to the... SB plenty improvment ..thread..

I just need to cook up new ideas to improve the plentys performance...

Ive gotten pretty good results with plenty so far,..but its only setback is its slow heat up time..

The time plenty takes to heat up has some benifits..../but also some draw backs?

IF any one has invented an improvement with the plenty for ..waxes...oils.. /crystals please share your results!!Thumbs up

update...7/5/2023... PHOTOS BELOW ...

the first photo below shows the ... aluminum cap with the holes]... i drilled and cut out to gain entrance into the heater core...

took apart ..plentys.. heat unit... photos below...i had to see how it heated up!

make shure unit is un plugged...the heat unit is electrafied !

repeat...
i believe...[the thick aluminum discs ].. are electronicly heated up ...then taking a pull...causes hot air to swirl around the discs.. and across product being vaped..

Im guessing.. the heating coils could be located ..inside the tube.. that the discs are on? Wut?

I may have to investigate further and somehow get inside the aluminum tube! because plentys only fault is in its slow heating!

I may have to investigate further and somehow get inside the aluminum tube! because plentys only fault is in its slow heating!

the aluminum discs ..when hot..are too hot to touch...but the thickness of the aluminum may be the reason many complain it doesnt get quite hot enough...?

if the discs were.. [thinner stainless steel ..[instead of thick aluminum]... it would probbibly glow red hot.. and and produce much hotter air!

I managed to put together the unit and it still works great!Thumbs up thermostat also clicks off correctly ...

CAUTION...
if anyone tryes altering their plenty be very carefull..you dont loose a ..very small [non matalic] pin that located on the far end of the ..dial shaft..when you turn the dial in or out..the little pin pushes against the electrefyed .. metal spring ...to change the temperature setting... DONT LOOSE IT!

........... https://youtu.be/ZKCiC-H2Xbg

https://youtu.be/awPo_VZabRc
DSC00239.JPG (2,295kb) downloaded 58 time(s).
DSC00240.JPG (2,164kb) downloaded 58 time(s).
DSC00241.JPG (2,696kb) downloaded 57 time(s).
DSC00244.JPG (2,771kb) downloaded 57 time(s).
DSC00249.JPG (2,393kb) downloaded 57 time(s).
DSC00251.JPG (2,476kb) downloaded 57 time(s).
DSC00252.JPG (2,674kb) downloaded 57 time(s).
DSC00257.JPG (2,654kb) downloaded 57 time(s).
DSC00258.JPG (2,757kb) downloaded 58 time(s).

starway7
#10 Posted : 7/6/2023 3:08:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Note...If you have cracked the orange plastic chamber holder..[like mine did after about a year].. .[you could re order another one] .. but..[if you want to go cheap]... you can get away with screwing on the top black plastic cap..[and using its screen as a chamber]...[i used two screens in black top]...the plastic is strong heat resistant material shouldent melt after screwed on top of plenty vape....if screwed on reasonably snug should seal the air flow...

photos below of the aluminum top after i filed the inside of it smooth...then re connected it ..it still works fine....

Also i drilled 4 holes through 6 0r 7 layers of the aluminum discs...[but didnt drill any farther into the last two discs where the electronic connections are..for saftey...

considering the plenty heats up much slower than the fast heating E mesh convection units...

trying to make small improvments in the plenty vapes performance...

I drilled these holes to make the hot air flow easier and faster when taking a draw...

[also holding the unit more upright .. when taking a draw.. directs the hot air flow into the chamber more efectivly]...

just trying to increase the hot air temperature..to flow faster into product...

The dyle on my plenty has been hacked with position 8 and 9 added for higher temperature...

So far i have found that setting the unit onto hacked position ..8 1/2...then waiting 1 to 1/2 minutes or longer after it clicks off...is giving much thicker vapor! [if you are vaping spice]
[crystals oils waxes]

repeat...
i believe...[the thick aluminum discs ].. are electronicly heated up ...then taking a pull...causes hot air to swirl around the discs.. and across product being vaped..

Im guessing.. the heating coils could be located ..inside the tube.. that the discs are on?... posibly. ..one heating rod... heats up all the discsWut?

Must continue to experament with the settings... ive found the unit does get a bit hotter after it clicks off!

more photos below....
DSC00288.JPG (2,613kb) downloaded 47 time(s).
DSC00289.JPG (2,713kb) downloaded 47 time(s).
DSC00290.JPG (2,917kb) downloaded 47 time(s).
DSC00291.JPG (2,817kb) downloaded 47 time(s).
DSC00292.JPG (2,243kb) downloaded 47 time(s).
DSC00293.JPG (3,006kb) downloaded 48 time(s).
DSC00239.JPG (2,295kb) downloaded 46 time(s).