We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can it be saved? Options

fink
#1 Posted : 2/10/2023 2:17:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Some cannabis butter made with coconut butter. Been fine to eat periodically over the last 5 months but the dose we took two days ago, we assume, was responsible for 48 hours of vomit and nausea. Was stored in a glass jar at room temp. Foolish, I know.

Any smart teks for extracting THC/CBD from off coconut butter? And what would be the best thing to do then with the extract?
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 2/10/2023 10:39:17 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

That is a pretty difficult task, afaik.

You're kind of lucky though - if you have plant matter in oil like that you can also get botulism from it!

You could try dissolving the butter in naphtha and dissolving out the cannabis phenolics with a lye solution. If that works out without turning into a soapy mess (be quick with it perhaps), you can then acidify the aqueous portion and extract again with light naphtha. Evaporate the NPS while keeping your fingers crossed.

I haven't tried this personally but it's the simplest non-chromatographic approach I can think of.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

fink
#3 Posted : 2/11/2023 9:11:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the reply DFZ. Having just looked up botulism I'd ageee with you, we got lucky.

Such a waste, about 9 months supply gone bad. I will try what you suggest.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.